Back
  Fractal Audio AxeFx

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 am 

moose wrote:
I think SVTs only sound good for guitars, haha. Best example of course is Misfits.

Haha, well it sounded good for guitar on the AxeFx anyway. Our bassist in Coldwar used one for a gig before and it sounded pretty nice, though in saying that it didnt floor me like I was expecting it to.

One of the best bass tones I've heard was from a Matamp Gt200, the thing sounded monstrous.

I've actually just gotten into listening to that Royal Blood band (yes I know, minus ten metal points). Their bassist runs a cool rig with his bass going into a bass rig and a seperate chain running into an octave up and into a fuzz into a guitar combo and it sounds deadly. I'm thinking of giving something like this a shot for messing around with on the AxeFx, though with guitar split to run into a octave down into a bass rig.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 pm 

Yeah loads of bands do similar stuff, I see you're looking at a Bass IV too. Hard to beat the GT200s, I use a Sound City 200 PA head for cleanish bass which would be similar and it kicks the shit outta the SVT. Obviously loads of bass players use the SVTs and I can get good sounds out of them but I stand by my dislike of them. My SC200 was also a fuck tonne cheaper than a similar age SVT or any age really.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:11 pm 

moose wrote:
Yeah loads of bands do similar stuff, I see you're looking at a Bass IV too. Hard to beat the GT200s, I use a Sound City 200 PA head for cleanish bass which would be similar and it kicks the shit outta the SVT. Obviously loads of bass players use the SVTs and I can get good sounds out of them but I stand by my dislike of them. My SC200 was also a fuck tonne cheaper than a similar age SVT or any age really.

Yeah the Matamp stuff is great. I still love my GT2. I've never had the chance to play a sound city but I've heard great things!

Yeah I'm looking at a Bass vi, but its really just to mess around with. Thinking of putting a project together if I get it but nothing certain yet. I always wanted to have a bass to mess around with, and this seems like a nice crossover to mess around with. It would also make me write stuff I wouldnt normally play, which I'd really like to try.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:07 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Actually gonna be using a Kemper soon for my bands new EP. In fact we are gonna compare my 5150III to the profile on the Kemper. While I've seen Youtube vids of the comparison, I really want to be in the same room with them side by side! Should be fun!

Did you do the comparison? Interested in knowing what you thought as I'm loving the 5051III profiles on the Kemper.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:48 pm 

Tazz wrote:
skadk666 wrote:
Actually gonna be using a Kemper soon for my bands new EP. In fact we are gonna compare my 5150III to the profile on the Kemper. While I've seen Youtube vids of the comparison, I really want to be in the same room with them side by side! Should be fun!

Did you do the comparison? Interested in knowing what you thought as I'm loving the 5051III profiles on the Kemper.

Actually didn't end up using the Kemper. We got such a solid tone on the 5150 we decided to just run with that for the rhythm tracks. In fact we didn't even turn the Kemper on as the tone we had was just so good we didn't want to jinx it! Hahaha

We've still got leads and harmonies to do so may still switch to the Kemper for them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 am 

Cool post on the Fractal forums saying the AX8 will is scheduled for release on 1st October.

Quote:
They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12).

Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

Interesting!

Steve.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3