Back
  New High Gain Pedal - locally handmade @ Rafferty Pedals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:01 pm 

Hey all,

I think I posted here before a long time ago about one of my pedals called the Bat-Drive. That was an overdrive and fuzz pedal (still available in Matchetts Music).

Anyway, a lot of people enquired about a high gain pedal more geared towards full on metal and rock etc.

It's something I've been working on for months now. I've been experimenting and developing this design for a long time now, trying to get it right. I guess it's sort of based on a Mesa Rectifier amp. At least this is the circuitry I compared to a lot to develop the pedal, but it is it's own beast now.

For the geeks out there, it's based around 5 JFET transistors, each of which I have to hand tune/bias to get just right.

I'm very proud of this design - it's taken more work than the other pedals I have out there, but I think it does a really convincing job at turning even the most modest of amplifiers into something that sounds very like a high gain, high end (and high priced) stack.

Anyway, this is not intended to be a sales pitch - I just want to spread the word about the product and allow people to hear it for themselves with this demo I came up with in the studio. I figured Metal Ireland would be the place to go to find people who may be interested in this kind of pedal! Please help spread the word, and check out my pedals Facebook page if you are interested.

VIDEO DEMO: http://youtu.be/3Z2qcObsl2M

Many thanks,
Steve
http://www.facebook.com/raffertyguitarpedals
http://www.facebook.com/outlandstudios

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm 

Sounds really good man! Liking the addition of the presence control. How much would one set me back?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:00 pm 

I've it up on eBay for £200, open to best offers, and free postage.

A hell of a lot of work involved in this one, with some tricky parts having to be imported from the US. Takes me a few days solid to get one finished up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 pm 

I see, not a bad price. Would be looking for something along this lines as a back up really, just in case my amp goes boom at the wrong time, but haven't got that type of cash drop on one now. Is it a one off or would you take orders for one in the future?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:41 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
I see, not a bad price. Would be looking for something along this lines as a back up really, just in case my amp goes boom at the wrong time, but haven't got that type of cash drop on one now. Is it a one off or would you take orders for one in the future?

Aw yea, I'd definitely take orders any time man.

The more orders I get for them the cheaper I'm able to do them, but I'll still be open to offers if you ever feel like having one ordered anyway.

Yep, would be good as a backup. Sure is a lot cheaper than buying a new / backup amp!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:18 pm 

Indeed!

Nice one man, you may be getting a shout from me in the near future so!