Back
  Kemper Profiling Amp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:55 pm 

Finally received mine from Thomann a few days ago. I've only had about 2 hours of play time with it but it's everything i wanted it to be.

Some of the stock profiles are dung, but the Ola Englund and Keith Merrow profiles are outstanding. I downloaded a Deizel VH4 and Friedman Browneye Profile from the Rig Factory, and was blown away with the quality. All completely tweakable, from cab used down to pick attack.

Haven't really tapped into the effects yet, but the delays and reverbs are studio quality. It takes pedals really well too. Put my tube screamer through a 5150 profile and sounded natural, like it would do in front of the amp itself.

Very impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm 

Evil Crawling I is a great tune.

Sorry, quite irrelevant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:00 pm 

Is this the version with the built in power amp?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:22 pm 

OutlandStudios wrote:
Evil Crawling I is a great tune.

Sorry, quite irrelevant.

Its a great tune, and it's relevant to me, so we're all good :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:23 pm 

mb502 wrote:
Is this the version with the built in power amp?

I got the non-powered version. I'm not in a gigging band at the moment, so if the time comes the plan is to pick up a Matrix poweramp to use with my Mesa 2x12.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 pm 

I just got the powered toaster version and I'm blown away. I expected the sound to be good, but it feels just like a 'real' amp too, down to the way the strings react and the effect of lowering the distorition using volume knob on the guitar.

Some great profiles, especially some of the Peaveys. The Jeff Loomis profile is killer. Just can't decide which is going to be my main sound.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm 

Tazz wrote:
I just got the powered toaster version and I'm blown away. I expected the sound to be good, but it feels just like a 'real' amp too, down to the way the strings react and the effect of lowering the distorition using volume knob on the guitar.

Some great profiles, especially some of the Peaveys. The Jeff Loomis profile is killer. Just can't decide which is going to be my main sound.

PM me your email address and I'll see if I can send you some cool profiles.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:55 pm 

Will do. Cheers.