Back
  Fostex DMT-8vl Multitrack Recorder

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 am 

Got given one of these in work today still in the box. I don't know too much about it, anyone have any experience with these? Just wondering if it's any use or if it's worth anything if I sold it?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 am 

No experience with on of those ones myself but if you get a free piece of recording equipment you'd be crazy not to at least keep it for a while and mess around with it! They're perfect for recording riff ideas, experiments, or even (very) basic demos. You can probably find a manual online anyhow.

If you don't want it give it to me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:52 am 

The thing is, I want to to try it out but I'm still living in Vancouver until the 25th of this month and I've no guitar or anything with me to test it out. I'd love to bring it home but it's heavy enough so trying to suss out if it's a decent bit of gear and if it's worth trying to bring it home in a second checked bag or just try get rid of it over here. Because I'm planning on getting a fairly basic recording setup going when I'm home, but don't want to go to the hassle for a rubbish piece of equipment!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:16 am 

aaah, okay, I thought maybe you were home

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:52 am 

Ive got one, they are great, geasa recorded their murder ep on one.

I got mine 2 months ago for around 100 sterling, but if you got a guitar drum machine at home you can hours of fun with them.

poxy thing about it is you can only record one track at a time so you have to bounce entire drum kits down to one track, but if you balance and prepare that stuff on a external mix desk your grand.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:54 pm 

I picked one up on adverts a few years back for about 60bucks, it was pretty battered but I got great use out of it.

It died a slow death eventually though, but it was a really handy piece of kit for recording jams/riffs and so on. You'd be mad to offload it if you have a use for it