New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:32 pm 

moose wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
moose wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
Gotta love that t-shirt :lol:

Still have a couple of large and smalls left. 8)

No use to me unless you're gonna stitch em all into an XXL :wink:

Sold out of XXL but do have a XXXL here.

Prob be too big. Any plans for another run of XXL?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 pm 

No pans at the minute tbh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:49 pm 

I'm actually sweating after setting up the new arrangement. Was working when the postie called. The girlfriend had to sign for it at work. As penance I'm now clothes shopping. Didn't even get to plug in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:36 pm 

Bit closer. Hooked it up for power after sorting out the supports and drilling holes for cables

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:50 pm 

Here's my spares shelf. I cheat a bit in that I live with my brother/bandmate so there's 2 peoples spares here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 pm 

Plugged in the new set up but the EHX Silencer is, well, not silencing. All my amp's noise is on the gain channel so don't need to hook it up to the effects in the FX loop, but there is basically no difference in hiss levels with the Silencer engaged or not.

Ideas??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Plugged in the new set up but the EHX Silencer is, well, not silencing. All my amp's noise is on the gain channel so don't need to hook it up to the effects in the FX loop, but there is basically no difference in hiss levels with the Silencer engaged or not.

Ideas??

Looking online there's something about using a X configuration using the send/return on the Silencer. That sound right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:30 pm 

Yup. Run from the send of your silencer into your dirt pedals and then back to the return. Then from the output on to whatever non dirt pedal is next.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Yup. Run from the send of your silencer into your dirt pedals and then back to the return. Then from the output on to whatever non dirt pedal is next.

Currently it's Guitar > tuner > Dirt pedals > Silencer > Front of amp

So I connect a lead from the send to.....? If I put the Send into Input of first pedal in the chain, where do I plug the guitar. Even looking at the pedals, I have a complete mental block. Pretend I'm a 4 year old...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm 

Guitar into tuner into the input of silencer. Run a cable from the send of the silencer into the 1st dirt pedal. If you've any other dirt pedals connect them up after the 1st as normal. At the end of your dirt pedals run a cable from the output of the last dirt pedal back to the return of the silencer. And then another from the output of the silencer onto whatever you were running into after your dirt pedals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:03 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Guitar into tuner into the input of silencer. Run a cable from the send of the silencer into the 1st dirt pedal. If you've any other dirt pedals connect them up after the 1st as normal. At the end of your dirt pedals run a cable from the output of the last dirt pedal back to the return of the silencer. And then another from the output of the silencer onto whatever you were running into after your dirt pedals

The Output of the Silencer would be going to the front of the amp in ghat case. That sound about right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:05 pm 

Yup. You're just aiming to remove hiss from the dirt pedals.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Yup. You're just aiming to remove hiss from the dirt pedals.

The hiss is only present when I go on to the gain channel of the amp though. I suppose it could be cables along that signal chain as well. I'll give it a whirl shortly anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:22 pm 

Do you get the hiss if you run straight into the high gain channel of the amp without any pedals?

You could try the calibration stuff mentioned here too
https://www.ehx.com/products/silencer/instructions

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:34 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Do you get the hiss if you run straight into the high gain channel of the amp without any pedals?

You could try the calibration stuff mentioned here too
https://www.ehx.com/products/silencer/instructions

Yup, getting the hiss going straight to amp with nothing else hooked up.

Page: Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next