Back
  New gear 2017!!!
    
Page: Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 am 

i am 138 wrote:
btw an early sign of online shopping addiction is when you get on chatty first name basis with your delivery guy, my dpd guy (Dean) always greets me with the same joke -'Jaysus man, is it a band or a fuckin orchestra ye have?'


Ha ha, my wife was only saying that earlier about my DPD driver buddy, Jim :lol:

Meant to add earlier that I'd give a shout for ordering from the UK over mainland Europe as well. Andertons/GAK normally ship the same day as the order is placed and it's here within 2-3 days. Plus the current Sterling/Euro rate helps with that. Andertons also do loyalty points so for every £100 spent, you get £1 off the next order. Every little helps.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
May 2010
Posts:
597
Location:
Waterford
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:39 am 

What are you going to get with your loyalty points. A new PRS?


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:56 am 

Andy82 wrote:
What are you going to get with your loyalty points. A new PRS?


Used em up the on the SDRUM and got about ten quid off the price. Better in my pocket than theirs :D


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
May 2008
Posts:
1016
Location:
rathgWar
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:53 am 

gave the green russian a good run through last night, loving it, dont have a vintage one to compare it to but sounds massive to my ears, tons of girth, plus it played well with anything i put before or after it, be interested to hear if it cuts through a full band mix. Best 90 quid ive spent in a while


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
May 2011
Posts:
3458
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 am 

i am 138 wrote:
gave the green russian a good run through last night, loving it, dont have a vintage one to compare it to but sounds massive to my ears, tons of girth, plus it played well with anything i put before or after it, be interested to hear if it cuts through a full band mix. Best 90 quid ive spent in a while


There's some fuck up with Thomann processing orders at the moment. Only running at about 20% efficiency apparently. All orders being delayed by an unspecified amount. Balls!

Happy to hear about the Muff is kicking ass for you anyway.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2007
Posts:
1566
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:20 pm 

i am 138 wrote:
gave the green russian a good run through last night, loving it, dont have a vintage one to compare it to but sounds massive to my ears, tons of girth, plus it played well with anything i put before or after it, be interested to hear if it cuts through a full band mix. Best 90 quid ive spent in a while


I doubt it will cut through the mix outside of leads with a decent volume boost.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Dec 2009
Posts:
472
Location:
Near Ards.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm 

I have one of those green big muffs. Can't say I like it. It's just not for me.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:27 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
There's some fuck up with Thomann processing orders at the moment. Only running at about 20% efficiency apparently. All orders being delayed by an unspecified amount. Balls!


Problems with new shipping software apparently. Banner on their site about it.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
May 2011
Posts:
3458
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm 

Ya, supposedly a delay of 5/6 days. Ordered 9 days ago. Won't be panicking just yet. A bit annoying tho. Wanna get the pedalboard finalised. They did send me a €20 voucher cos of the delay. Very decent of them. Of course that'll probably lead to spending another€180 to get free shipping and also throw a spanner in the works with board. And on and on it goes....


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:01 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Ya, supposedly a delay of 5/6 days. Ordered 9 days ago. Won't be panicking just yet. A bit annoying tho. Wanna get the pedalboard finalised. They did send me a €20 voucher cos of the delay. Very decent of them. Of course that'll probably lead to spending another€180 to get free shipping and also throw a spanner in the works with board. And on and on it goes....


Stahp...caught myself looking at a Olly Vert pedalboard demo earlier where his modulation sections contains Strymon Big Sky, Timeline, Ola & Flint pedals. Was looking at the Big Sky and Timeline thinking "yeah, they look great"....nearly slapped myself :lol:


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
May 2011
Posts:
3458
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:30 pm 

Ah jaysus! At this stage we all realise you need a bigger board. And a couple of extra feet.... But it's not far off becoming an issue of will you have enough space in your room for all the gear? Maybe knock a wall??


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Ah jaysus! At this stage we all realise you need a bigger board. And a couple of extra feet.... But it's not far off becoming an issue of will you have enough space in your room for all the gear? Maybe knock a wall??


Made worse as I sold a few pedals to Hippy during the week and cashed in my change jar so I have a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
May 2011
Posts:
3458
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:01 pm 

So, something in the Strymon family then...


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2006
Posts:
3437
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
So, something in the Strymon family then...


Can't decide. Torn between a large pedal board with power supply, switcher with midi, a strymon or maybe a new guitar.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
May 2011
Posts:
3458
Location:
Limerick
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm 

Decisions, decisions...


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next



 

cron