Back
  New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm 

Eventide H9 Max ordered and have put in a pre-order for the Digitech SDRUM which is out at the end of the month. Chucked in a Mooer looper as the OM only has 44 seconds worth and a Digitech Footswitch as well as the H9 only has 1 button for scrolling through patches.

Hoping the board will have room as there isn't much I'd want to relegate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm 

You must have one of the nicest boards at this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:38 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
You must have one of the nicest boards at this stage.

Will toss a pic into the set-up thread once I pay photobucket $400 to host the image :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:48 pm 

:lol: When I see posts like this, I'm so glad I never got into effects

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:28 pm 

Juggz wrote:
:lol: When I see posts like this, I'm so glad I never got into effects

He's a very bad influence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:05 pm 

Seriously would anyone that knows spoderman01 stage an invention or something. Following his decent in to pedal addiction on this thread is getting disturbing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:09 pm 

I'm fine!! Just leave me the hell alone godammit!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:49 pm 

Andy82 wrote:
Seriously would anyone that knows spoderman01 stage an invention or something. Following his decent in to pedal addiction on this thread is getting disturbing.

I'd get over that except it started to affect me. I refuse to look at demos of stuff he mentions at this point. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm 

Fuck the financial sensibility talk, you guys just dont have enough pedals, buy more, pedals=happiness

Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe up for pre-order now on the usual sites, Id hop on it straight away but the ocean machine fiasco in here reminded me its good to wait past teething problem period with any new pedal, know for sure I'll be pulling the trigger before the end of the year though, I have more delay pedals than any (spoder)man would ever need but the original BE is one of my faves and the deluxe just looks and sounds so damn tits in the demos.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Andy82 wrote:

I'd get over that except it started to affect me. I refuse to look at demos of stuff he mentions at this point. :lol:

Normally I wouldn't take the bait but seriously, check out some H9 Max demos :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm 

ive never played a H9 but what put me off it (besides the price obv) was the idea, and i could be wrong here cos i dont know what differences the max has, that you cant actually use mulitple effects from it at once, like it could replace so many things on a board with all them lush verbs and delays but not if you can only use one at a time, i know some of the presets are combos of effects and you can tweak them and make your own but kind of a pain that you can't seperate and layer them in real time. Dead cool for a studio toy but limiting in a band/jamming situation, cant remember who it was but ive def seen pics of a few pro boards that had multiple h9's on them, jaysus, one is expensive enough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 pm 

i am 138 wrote:
ive never played a H9 but what put me off it (besides the price obv) was the idea, and i could be wrong here cos i dont know what differences the max has, that you cant actually use mulitple effects from it at once, like it could replace so many things on a board with all them lush verbs and delays but not if you can only use one at a time, i know some of the presets are combos of effects and you can tweak them and make your own but kind of a pain that you can't seperate and layer them in real time. Dead cool for a studio toy but limiting in a band/jamming situation, cant remember who it was but ive def seen pics of a few pro boards that had multiple h9's on them, jaysus, one is expensive enough

Totally agree but I have a strymon mobius and the ocean machine so combining effects shouldn't a problem. But as for the h9's, once you've one maxed out all you need is another h9 core and you can share all of the algorithms in your account across the other pedals.. up to 5 devices. And they have added extra algorithms that combine effects so maybe it won't be too much of a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:43 pm 

Luckily that all sounds way too complicated for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:44 am 

I did come across a vid the other night where a guy had a BigSky, Timeline and H9 all connected by MIDI and was using a controller which was changing patches on all 3 at once. MIDI is somewhat of a black art to me however so I've no idea how that works. Seemed useful though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm 

Leather Mike wrote:
there's lovely.

I'm currently field-testing a new pedal setup instead of my PX3L, running a wee tiny board with a polytune, Decimator, EQ, Carbon Copy and a Line Selector, with an AMT P2 into A. N. Other poweramp doing all the damage. Have the line selector set so that it's a lead boost/delay thing for lead stuff.

Anyone who saw Altus at the siege, my tone (I was the speccy fuck playing the red Jackson) came entirely from that P2. Fucking ridiculous bit of gear altogether.

Are the Amt's worth a punt? looking at youtube shoot-outs with brand heads.
Got half a mind to see off my Bugera and just run one of em into power amp.

Page: Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next