Back
  New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:07 pm 

Those Eventide H9's appear in my dreams. Fairly regularly now. I'll have to take the plunge one day. Not really for live stuff, but for recording Id say. Amazing sounding things.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:12 pm 

Floss wrote:
Those Eventide H9's appear in my dreams. Fairly regularly now. I'll have to take the plunge one day. Not really for live stuff, but for recording Id say. Amazing sounding things.

I'm knocking great craic out of it anyway. Like you say, it'd be awkward live unless you'd everything programmed into a MIDI controller but for just messing around at home, the app makes it ideal. Can't see why it wouldn't be just as good in a recording setup.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 pm 

Lone Wolf Audio are doing a limited run of 25 Left Hand Wrath pedals which are basically modded HM2 clones that Joe made for Anders in Bloodbath.

Pre-order link not up yet but expecting these to be pricey. The standard LHW goes for $250 and the Dismember sig pedal he did went for $375.

Looks damn nice though

https://www.facebook.com/24854987187823 ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:20 pm 

There's a few variations of the HM-2. Saw a playthrough with one of the lads from Converge, I think, and he covered 5 or 6 pedals. I don't think he used the traditional dimed settings on all pedals as there was a fairly big difference in sound between most of them. I'm not sure if you want loads of versatility anyway. You want it to do that one thing well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:37 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
You want it to do that one thing well.

Pretty much. Just spotted that the LHW Deluxe is $325 on his own site. That seems to have the additional controls that the Bloodbath pedal seems to have so wouldn't surprise me if this went for around the $400 mark.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm 

While adding additional controls will bring versatility, I don't see the point of veering too far from the tried and tested sound. Sure, it'll give you cool distortion options, but hundreds of pedals can give you good distortions. I wouldn't be arsed trying to tweak that sound.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 pm 

The guy behind Lone Wolf is getting torn apart for shoddy workmanship on the Bloodbath post about the pedals. Quite a few folks saying that the pedals are very hit and miss quality wise.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:29 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
The guy behind Lone Wolf is getting torn apart for shoddy workmanship on the Bloodbath post about the pedals. Quite a few folks saying that the pedals are very hit and miss quality wise.

I can vouch for this, lad doesn't know how to build a pedal and is generally an asshole to customers who have issues with their pedals. I'm sure when they work they can sound good but that's beside the point imo.

Just had a look at the Bloodbath thread. Internet gold. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm 

Where can I find that thread?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm 

AntonArcane wrote:
Where can I find that thread?

Under the pics of the pedals on the Bloodbath facebook page.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:56 pm 

I'll check it out, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 pm 

Looks like they've deleted those comments, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 pm 

Yeah I couldn't find them either. Just a picture of some pedals from 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm 

Yeah they've removed them. Twas funny while it lasted.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 am 

Picked up a laney ironheart 15w head during the week, first amp I've owned that wasn't a solid state combo!
Had it through a 1x12 Harley Benton, the sound was very good but really looking forward to giving it a go on a few other cabs to see how it holds up. Going direct into it, found the distortion is very smooth when pushed but a bit wooly on the low end. Hoping that's more on the cab, or something I can sort off the EQ over time. Seems very versatile, was able to dial in a decent sludge tone and brighter modern metal tone without any pedals in no time.
Currently using a Zoom G5 digital pedal. Previously through the Peavey Bandit 100w combo it was quite sharp but solid. Really need to rework the effects to suit the head, turned off the amp emulation on it tonight and replaced it with a boost instead to suit what we're doing at the moment, but going in through the front of the amp is making the delay and reverb I had set up on it a bit more severe than I'd like. I'm sure with some more play and fine tuning, it will be grand, but fairly soon I'm going to need to pick up some better pedals and a different cab to make the most of this.

Page: Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next