Back
  New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
Do you get the hiss if you run straight into the high gain channel of the amp without any pedals?

You could try the calibration stuff mentioned here too
https://www.ehx.com/products/silencer/instructions

Yup, getting the hiss going straight to amp with nothing else hooked up.

Not sure if there's much you can do about inherent hiss on a high gain channel. I run everything on the clean channel so it's not my forte. Maybe Ciaran would have a better idea.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 pm 

I'll keep pluggin away anyway and see how it goes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 pm 

Picked up a pile of those EBS cables. Found them by chance in a guitar shop in Bray I passed today.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:34 pm 

Very quiet here since Spud went to Bulgaria.

Picked up a cheap booster on aliexpress, as the mini Engl doesn't have the 3rd channel. My rig finally gonna get a whirl in December. Better practice my tap dancing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:39 pm 

Not new, as such, but got my Engl Ironball 20W working again after it died in a rehearsal session. I reckon the cab was dodgy and wasn’t the ohm rating it said it was. The lights came on but no sound came out, I was dreading an expensive reapair but it turns out there are two fuses hidden on the PCB. I replaced them today and it worked. Delighted. It’s a handy little yoke and sounds great.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:51 pm 

Ya, my ENGL is a 20W too. Plenty of options on it. Granted it doesn't have a 3rd channel or a booster but fuckit. Think the days of lugging big fuck-off heads around are over. I'm more than happy to bring a 2x12 instead of a 4x12 too at this stage.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm 

Two channels are one too are one too many for me :lol:

Actually, I did get one new thing in, a string adapter for the Steinberger which is just a crude locking nut, but means I can use regular strings instead of being tied down to the one or two brands still making double ball-end strings. The guitar is battered but it's so nice to play

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:28 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Very quiet here since Spud went to Bulgaria.

I'm still here.... lurking.... watching..... always watching :lol:

Ordered a couple of things from Bright Onion....footswitch for the Mobius and another bypass looper.

Managed to fuck up the power input I swiped from from my old board so had to pick up some extra daisy chain cables today. Still have eyes on another Strymon but really need herself to get a job so she's not here when the post arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:59 am 

Superior Drummer 3....

What a piece of gear. The Tracker function in particular is outstanding. No more shitty sounding drum recordings using that... but the whole package is excellent. Im a big fan of EZDrummer 2 - the complete functionality of which they've now included in SD3 - along with some great Midi editing and whatnot. Bravo to Toontrack - really pushing audio software technology forward for people who are not pro's....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:05 pm 

Did you buy the license or "acquire" it John?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm 

pedal/guitar/synth lust being kept under control for the minute but been saving money together to beef up my home recording set up. First order of business is a new laptop and full version of Ableton Live, been getting by using the Lite version as an 8 track for a fw years and its grand to learn on but im getting real sick of being limited.

I dont think ive ever bought a laptop new, always inherited peoples old yokes or bought cheap 2nd hand, clueless, anyone know of something decent and not outrageously expensive to be used solely for recording and some very basic video editing? I have a couple of terabyte drives if space is an issue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm 

Same as you, I inherited a Sony Vaio laptop from the brother. I should really have wiped it completely before I installed reaper, guitar rig, massive and ez drummer. For a laptop that was even refurbished in its lifetime and had defo seen better days, it does the job. I only use it for recording and it does the job. Apparently if the RAM was higher it'd perform much better and a couple of tracks were glitchy by the time it came to rendering. But just for personal demo use I can't complain. I got Ableton lite with my focusrite but only used it once. Had a ridiculous limit of tracks. Went down the Reaper (free) route and haven't looked back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:03 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Same as you, I inherited a Sony Vaio laptop from the brother. I should really have wiped it completely before I installed reaper, guitar rig, massive and ez drummer. For a laptop that was even refurbished in its lifetime and had defo seen better days, it does the job. I only use it for recording and it does the job. Apparently if the RAM was higher it'd perform much better and a couple of tracks were glitchy by the time it came to rendering. But just for personal demo use I can't complain. I got Ableton lite with my focusrite but only used it once. Had a ridiculous limit of tracks. Went down the Reaper (free) route and haven't looked back.

RAM is dirt cheap these days. Places like Maplins have a decent selection but you'll find cheaper online.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Did you buy the license or "acquire" it John?

:lol:
I bought it - I had SD2 so got the upgrade. Be prepared for sizeable downloads - the basic sound library alone is 40Gb - its entirely worth it though. Amazing sound quality and choice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:43 am 

Juggz wrote:
Two channels are one too are one too many for me :lol:

Actually, I did get one new thing in, a string adapter for the Steinberger which is just a crude locking nut, but means I can use regular strings instead of being tied down to the one or two brands still making double ball-end strings. The guitar is battered but it's so nice to play

Love that guitar.

Page: Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next