Back
  New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Re: Aliexpress, forget about updates from them and it'll only make you paranoid that it's not coming if you check the tracking. Any time I order off em now, I just completely put it to the back of my mind and then get a nice surprise when it arrives, which to be fair it always has done for me.

Cheers for the advice, i'll leave it off for another few weeks so :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
That would have been Bobby O'Driscoll I'd say. Long time since I've heard his name around.

Yup, think that was him. Not that I'd attempt it, but would you not give it a go yourself?

Jesus no, I'd blow myself up. Seems I might be able to drop it into fsv for them to pass it to a guy from Galway. Tried him directly earlier but he's not around this weekend.

On the positive side, was able to try the new pedals using my old amp and they're all suitably mental :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm 

Bobby O Driscoll is retired now I'm afraid. FSV sends their stuff to Cyrill up in Galway. I know Steamboat do have a guy out near the Coonagh airstrip who does work for them under the name Diamond Audio or something similar. There's that Russell chap too I'm not sure if he's in Limerick anymore but he used to do amps. I use Cyril myself, he's fixed an amp for me that other failed to fix in the past!

If it's just the fuse then there's no danger in replacing that yourself. Just replace it with one the same rating as the one that blew. There'll be on in the kettle lead and in the amp itself. Sometimes they just blow without there being a problem behind it! If you can't read the fuse itself then the info will be in the manual.

Back on track for the thread. I bought one of these! Moog Minitaur Analogue synth module to use with the Ketron Midi bass pedals I mentioned a while back. The thing sounds AWESOME! Got it for a good price on Adverts. Guess I'd better start putting another pedal board together for this....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm 

New guitar day

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

blahblahbleh wrote:
New guitar day

Well now, that is very tasty! Is that a 2017/18 model?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm 

Yeah 2017, Classic HP

Got a fanatastic deal on it so couldn't pass it up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm 

blahblahbleh wrote:
Yeah 2017, Classic HP

Nice! The spec on the HP models is very intriguing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:12 pm 

Taken to using an AxeFX for live work. It really is excellent. Running the Recto Orange model. Haven't used a "real" amp in a long time (been running my trusty AMT P2 setup for the last 18 months) and now with the Fractal that's the end of me and amps I'd say. Very intuitive, as customisable as one could want, and sounds fantastic. Not to mention the fact hat it now takes me literally thirty seconds to get set up! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:24 pm 

Leather Mike wrote:
Taken to using an AxeFX for live work. It really is excellent. Running the Recto Orange model. Haven't used a "real" amp in a long time (been running my trusty AMT P2 setup for the last 18 months) and now with the Fractal that's the end of me and amps I'd say. Very intuitive, as customisable as one could want, and sounds fantastic. Not to mention the fact hat it now takes me literally thirty seconds to get set up! :lol:

Was just watching two gear run downs last night for Devin Townsend and Bill Kelliher, they both had AxeFX for their live rigs and swore by them for versatility and reliability given the scale of tours both do.
They seem like great units, and I like amp and fx modelling (having lived on the much cheaper end of that spectrum for years) but right now I really enjoy now working with a small pedalboard and tube amp. If I was gigging on a way larger scale i'd probably change my opinion pretty quickly :lol:. The speed of set up is a great bonus with AxeFX too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:52 pm 

Aye man it’s horses for courses, I’ve used the modelling/processing gear for a long time before I started using the Fractal (which isn’t mine, unfortunately) - most recently I had a fairly intricate pedalboard set-up comprising two switchable pre-amp pedals (essentially giving me four channels, two clean and two drive), an EQ, line selector, chorus, delay, boost, noise gate and tuner. I ran all this into the FX Return of whatever amp was available. Admittedly, me using a Fractal for the band is a bit “sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut” as I’m currently using a grand total of one patch on it, but fuck the naysayers – its tweakable, reliable, easy to transport and is literally set-and-forget. Plus if I ever need to branch out, or simply fancy a change, I have six bajillion different settings at my fingertips. Better looking at it than looking for it, as the saying goes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:08 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
blahblahbleh wrote:
Yeah 2017, Classic HP

Nice! The spec on the HP models is very intriguing.

The titanium nut and bridge are a nice touch, should last quite some time, nice to have various coil tap and phase options on the pickups too, very versatile for tones. The neck is sublime on these with the slim taper spec, not totally sold on the robot tuners yet, but it is definetly hands and time saving.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 pm 

That LP is fucking gorgeous, nice one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:06 am 

I got the cheapest volume pedal I could lay my hands on from Amazon, does that count as a worthwhile post? It was the lasy essential i needed to finish off my pedals. Going to stick them all on a bit of wood this evening and it's done, for now.

Not a bad year for gear, other than the guitar all of these were picked up since summer:

*edit* pic won't embed and imgur won't open, here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfbfx5wy9jgl2x2/pixlr.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:17 pm 

ochoill wrote:
I got the cheapest volume pedal I could lay my hands on from Amazon, does that count as a worthwhile post? It was the lasy essential i needed to finish off my pedals. Going to stick them all on a bit of wood this evening and it's done, for now.

Not a bad year for gear, other than the guitar all of these were picked up since summer:

*edit* pic won't embed and imgur won't open, here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfbfx5wy9jgl2x2/pixlr.jpg

Not a bad haul at all for 12 months. Should keep ya amused for a while until the GAS kicks in again :lol:

Think I'm done with mine for a bit as well. Couple of those G-Lab MIDI loop expanders I mentioned a while back might be picked up in the new year so that I can get everything accessible to the ES-8 but not seeing anything else that I want. Also gonna take some time over the Xmas while I'm off to see if I really need the few remaining single effect stomps I have (PitchFork, Dirty Robot) or if I have those sounds covered by SuperEgo+/H9's and can replace them. Needs a re-arrange anyway as I want the SuperEgo+ closer to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 pm 

that LP is a beaut.

Was gonna finally buy a Moog Sub 37 but too many looming real world bills coming next month stopped me pulling the trigger, maybe next year.

Did however treat myself to a Superego Plus and Ableton Live Standard, been using Lite for the last couple years,wont know myself with all those extra tracks and features. Must do my own group photo of all my 2017 purchases, grand year gear wise.

Page: Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next