New gear 2017!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:33 pm 

i am 138 wrote:
Did however treat myself to a Superego Plus

How are you finding it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
I'm off to see if I really need the few remaining single effect stomps I have (PitchFork, Dirty Robot) or if I have those sounds covered by SuperEgo+/H9's and can replace them. Needs a re-arrange anyway as I want the SuperEgo+ closer to me.

Although I shouldn't be opening that can of worms, if you're selling stuff I might have a gander. Really don't need anything in particular, but look who I'm talking to.... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
I'm off to see if I really need the few remaining single effect stomps I have (PitchFork, Dirty Robot) or if I have those sounds covered by SuperEgo+/H9's and can replace them. Needs a re-arrange anyway as I want the SuperEgo+ closer to me.

Although I shouldn't be opening that can of worms, if you're selling stuff I might have a gander. Really don't need anything in particular, but look who I'm talking to.... :lol:

Thought you were getting the PitchFork anyway, no?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:13 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
i am 138 wrote:
Did however treat myself to a Superego Plus

How are you finding it?

just arrived this morning and im flat out with work til sunday, so its gonna be a droney, noisey, ambient christmas methinks :D

how you getting on with yours?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:

I was thinking about it alright. I'm using the pitch shift function on the Pitch Box, which is great actually, and the harmony function is fine too for the most part, anything from the A string and higher, but I'm looking for something that can handle lower register harmonies, I suppose similar to an octaver. I want to be able to pitch down a few steps while keeping my original signal. The Pitch Box can't really handle that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:

I was thinking about it alright. I'm using the pitch shift function on the Pitch Box, which is great actually, and the harmony function is fine too for the most part, anything from the A string and higher, but I'm looking for something that can handle lower register harmonies, I suppose similar to an octaver. I want to be able to pitch down a few steps while keeping my original signal. The Pitch Box can't really handle that.

Fair enough. Think I mentioned before that the PitchFork gets ropier the further away you take it but then again, I'm mostly trying to use it to get from E tuning down to A and B on a fairly heavy distortion for Bloodbath/Entombed stuff. Don't actually use it that much for normal pitchy stuff. But if I can tweak the H9 PitchFactor algorithms to get me to A tuning and keep a half decent sound, I'll prob let the PitchFork go. Will give you a shout once I know what I'm doing with it.

i am 138 wrote:
how you getting on with yours?

Grand. Need to play around with the MOD section a bit more as at the moment I just seem to end up running scales whenever I try to use the freeze function. Suppose it's not a bad way of forcing me to practise them :lol: But at some stage I'll add the SuperEgo into the ES-8 so that I can start using the EXP pedal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:45 pm 

Anyone get anything fun for christmas? My wife picked up an Artec parametric EQ and a TC electronic compressor for me off thomann, handy additions to my almost complete board. Just a reverb now and maybe another delay down the road and i'll be very happy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm 

ochoill wrote:
Anyone get anything fun for christmas?

Not a thing :( And not paid again until the New Year so GAS levels are low at the moment. Also waiting to find out if my H&K head can be repaired and how much that will cost so holding off on buying anything else in the meantime.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Not a thing :( And not paid again until the New Year so GAS levels are low at the moment. Also waiting to find out if my H&K head can be repaired and how much that will cost so holding off on buying anything else in the meantime.

Ahh shitty, I forgot about your head. Hopefully it's not too expensive to sort out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:32 am 

ochoill wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:

Ahh shitty, I forgot about your head. Hopefully it's not too expensive to sort out.

Cheers. Did also mean to tell you to check out the EQD Dispatch Master reverb & delay pedal. Looks pretty sweet.

Update: Just rang FSV and my amp was back with them before Christmas after a fuse change but for some reason they chose not to call me. Anyhoo, €40 for the work which I can live with and will be picking her up today. And most importantly, can now start thinking about 2018 goodies :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 pm 

Good news on the amp! Straight onto Thomann with you so :lol: And cheers for the rec on the dispatch master. Was looking at Anderton's eqd pedal test lately and that was one of them, lovely pedal. Would love that or, for the extra 100 quid, the Avalanche run. Their combo delay/reverbs are really savage.

Right now though, because i'm sort of skint and almost out of room on my board already (and out of 9v outputs on my power supply) I think i'm going to pick up one of the mooer reverbs. They have a few in FSV and I still have a few bob on a one4all card I can use in there. I can do without one for live use but we'll be recording in the next couple of weeks and I need it for a good few parts.

Also lashed a few planks of wood together for a board, so now I have this:
Wired slightly different for home testing, the EQ should go to front of amp and the delay in the fx loop. This is entirely this thread's fault.

*edit* It's time fot skadk to sort out the thread title for the new year :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 am 

Looks smashing in white actually.

Can either rename this thread or start a new one. I'm easy either way. Think this thread was originally about the new gear companies were releasing in the coming year but morphed into new gear that we got. Anyone have any preferences on how we move forward?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:21 am 

spoderman01 wrote:

Can either rename this thread or start a new one. I'm easy either way. Think this thread was originally about the new gear companies were releasing in the coming year but morphed into new gear that we got. Anyone have any preferences on how we move forward?

I'd prob say a new thread. I've something new on the way but I'll wait til it arrives before it officially fits on a 2018 page.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:07 am 

spoderman01 wrote:

Cheers, completely accidental since I got the white velcro for free (a disgraceful amount of it), but I like the look of it. Want to try keep it as bright as I can now!

One of ye will end up with the new gear next so I'll let ye do the honours and fire up the new thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 am 

ochoill wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:

Cheers, completely accidental since I got the white velcro for free (a disgraceful amount of it), but I like the look of it. Want to try keep it as bright as I can now!

There was a guy on TGP a few weeks ago who had built 4-5 individually colour coded boards, one with only red pedals, another with blue and so on. Even had colour coded bags for them. Looked mad but it struck me as daft. Why suffer possibly inferior pedals just because they match the colour you're aiming for. You're picking stuff up for the wrong reasons then. Some other guy wanted an all black pedal so spray painted all of the non-black ones he had. Good luck selling those in the future :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next