Back
  Pedal Board Power Issues

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 am 

I recently acquired a Warwick Pedal Board RC 23120B which has an internal stabilised power supply. My pedal setup is relatively simple, but when I link more than one pedal to the board itself they all cut out. I'm using 6 9V pedals so I don't think I'm using nearly enough juice to warrant that. Anyone familiar with this board?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 am 

What pedals are you using? Did you try one pedal at a time to see if any particular one is causing the problem? That board seems to have 5 9v ports. Have you a pedal or two gone into the 12v section by mistake.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 am 

One at a time seems ok. I've a mooer slow engine, boss dd3, rc1, chorus, electroharmonix canyon, all 9v!

Nothing going into the 12v slot.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

Maybe there's too much of a current being drawn for the power supply with all pedals together... Is it 300mA power supply? If there's a power hungry pedal or two that'd do it. Read the last coupla pages of the new gear thread. This issue or similar happened me recently. Probably a coupla wiser heads here that would have a bit more of an idea.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

So the power supply on that board is Max 400 mA, so I guess all your pedals together are pulling more than that? Just a guess, but check the spec on each pedal and add up its mA draw. If its more then that very well could be the issue!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:10 pm 

Thanks for the answers so far. The pedals would draw just under 400 all together. I can't get any pair to work seemingly!

I'll have a look at the other thread now.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 pm 

Dodgy patch lead by any chance?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:11 pm 

Leads seem to be fine. I was reading the other thread, the suggestion was there that the mooer pedal needs it's own power supply!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:14 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Leads seem to be fine. I was reading the other thread, the suggestion was there that the mooer pedal needs it's own power supply!

Had to do that myself. So the Ocean Machine now has its own 500mA adapter, rest of the effects loop is powered by a 2A adapter and the effects not in the loop are powered by the PB1000 internal supply which sounds kinda similar to your board.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:35 pm 

Christ! Thought the idea behind this board was to make things easy!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Christ! Thought the idea behind this board was to make things easy!

Ha ha, could just run them all in front but the new head allows the effects loop on/off setting to be saved to individual patches so thought I might as well take advantage of that and set up the loop.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm 

Slow Engine is nothing like the Ocean Machine, SE is analogue and OM is digital so that's most likely not the problem. I'd reckon it's a patch lead if it's cutting out all sound. Other possibilities are the RC1 or Canyon, both heavy current draw digital pedals that quite possibly don't like sharing power. If you're in Dublin you could drop into my workshop and I can help you figure it out. In the mean time try all pedals but those two and see if things work, then ad each of them and see if it stops working.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm 

Hi moose, only getting back here now. Where's your workshop?

In the meantime I bought a memteq power supply, seems to have done the trick. I'm guessing the canyon may have been screwing things up.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Hi moose, only getting back here now. Where's your workshop?

In the meantime I bought a memteq power supply, seems to have done the trick. I'm guessing the canyon may have been screwing things up.

Portobello. Best dropping me a pm if ya need me.