Back
  Mixing modulation effects

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:03 pm 

Just a thought but do the 'big' modulation pedals handle outputting multiple effects at the same time? Like Emphyrio was saying about the Digitech Nautila a while back - it has a nice flanger and a nice chorus but didn't sound like you could merge them as you could with separate stompboxes. Can the pricier pedals like the Mobius handle that or are you just paying for a load of different individual effects.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:43 pm 

Mobius is just individual effects afaik. Presume most are the same but I know the Eventide H9 has combination effects.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:00 pm 

Seems the EHX stereo electric mistress can as well but is limited to chorus and flange

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 am 

That H9 is a saucy bit of gear. Not sure if I'd be gone on the wheel type interface and only one switch for scrolling through patches rather than an up/down pair of switches is awkward.

Admittedly, it sounds smashing though having to fork out for additional algorithms is a bit of a balls if you've already paid €600 for the thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm 

The H9 looks the business alright. I’ve encountered a fair few heads who swear by them. Mainly using them in Eurorack modular synth setups.
Have a few Eventide pedals which are all fantastic, especially the Space reverb pedal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:52 am 

Was looking at it again last night and there seems to be some confusion over what it would take to max out a H9 Harmonizer or Core if you don't fork out for the H9 Max from the get go. The guide video says it takes 10 algorithm purchases on the H9 Harmonizer and 15 on the H9 Core but the webpage says 20 and 30 respectively. At $20 an algorithm, that's an extra $400 just to have all of the algorithms which seems nuts. And the H9 Max comes in at €783...ouch.

And if I have it right, you can't mix individual effects yourself...they just have some of the built-in presets that have effects mixed. None of the demos I've seen have shown anyone actually modifying patches to have use multiple effects.