Back
  Kazbar Systems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:56 pm 

Anyone ever ordered from this crowd. Looking at getting something but it's almost suspiciously cheaper than everywhere else. 699 on Andertons, Guitarguitar, GAK etc but 593 with this crowd. Part of me wants to jump on a bargain but another is worried about throwing that kinda money at a company I only discovered 20 minutes ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 am 

Contacted Kazbar to make sure this wasn't a B-stock model and it turns out that it's priced incorrectly on their system and they've now corrected it to £699...bad times.

However, they're offering it to me for £649 (as are GAK after I asked them to price match the £593. Still waiting on Andertons to comment.) so at least it's some improvement on the £699. Goes to show the markup they must have if they can afford to take a £50 hit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:23 pm 

593 is probably the price they buy it in at.

New instrument prices are always a bit odd, depending on the manufacturer and their distribution model. A mate of mine had his eye on a MIJ Fender Bass VI years ago and priced importing a new one from Ishibashi including shipping and import duty. He then went to a mate of his who worked in Musicmaker and was told they would pay more to buy it from their distributor (JHS?), never mind add their markup afterwards.

What is the GAS itch, if you don't mind me asking?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 pm 

Don't get him started!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 pm 

Juggz wrote:
What is the GAS itch, if you don't mind me asking?

Eventide H9 Max. Don't need it but gotta have it. Only found out the other day that they added dirt algorithms to it as well as the default pitchfactor, modfactor, timefactor, space, EQ, looper.... thing is a monster. And the app looks savage.

P.s. Andertons came down to 664 despite Kazbar having corrected the price. Goes to show it's always worth asking.