Back
  Electronic Drum Kits

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm 

Been out of the loop too long on an extended hiatus but has anyone any recommendations on an Electronic drums and how do you find them ?

Thinking of going with Yamaha or Roland ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 am 

I've a Yamaha DTXpress II in the house which, admittedly, is long in the tooth - but still functioning just fine. It was the kit I did most of my early learning and playing on - the bass drum pad had a very low sensitivity so has always needed a good hard smack to register.

All rubber pads on that kit, you get mesh on a lot of the snares these days but I'm not sure about it myself. I think it would encourage poor technique with drags etc.

Don't buy one in the belief they'll be totally silent - they never are and you're still going to get noise in any room below if you're playing double bass. Obviously an electronic kit is not going to be a replacement for an acoustic kit but in most cases I'd say its your best/only option for practicing at home.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 pm 

Thanks for the info.

There wont be anyone down below so DB vibrations wont be an issue but I think it will certainly be a lot quieter than a real kit.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy just yet as its mainly just to get back into playing again,pick up speed and practice when I want,at the same time I'm not looking for a very basic kitl,Id like a kit with a decent sound that has good effects.

Whats a good shop to buy these type of kits in Ireland,someone told me a while back Germany has a good online store ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:42 pm 

Musicstore.de and Thomann are the big German sites.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 pm 

Dunno if this is in range of your budget, these are high quality

viewtopic.php?style=4&f=2&t=68415