Back
  guitar recommendations

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 pm 

I'm on a tight budget and looking to replace an esp/ltd mh100.

Are there any good guitars at a bargain price point out there?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 am 

What's your budget?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:46 am 

Yup, more info required. You fussy about new/used, active/passive pick ups, floyd rose?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 am 

Either way, go with used. You'll get so much more for the money.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:22 pm 

What's got 2 thumbs and a Schecter Damian 6 FR with gig bag going for €300?

This guuuuuy!!!

*Picture me pointing thumbs at myself*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:48 pm 

If you like flying v style guitars I just put an ibanez vbt700 up on adverts

http://touch.adverts.ie/electric-guitar ... 0/13714761

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 pm 

300 euros would be me topping out. No floyd rose, apart from that I'm ok about new vs second hand as long as there are no huge dinges or any neck warpage etc...

I tried a jackson js in music maker today and for 250 it seems like a steal...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 pm 

This looks like a decent deal within your budget, should be a wee bit of haggle room in that price too

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/ ... r/13656740

If you can haggle this guy down to €300, this would be a very good deal. A mate of mine had a Chapman and liked it a lot. It's got a vibrato bridge but would be very easy to solidify

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/ ... 1/13485647

PRS SE are very decent too but, again, you'd have to haggle

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/ ... t/12542734

This would be a big step up too, but haggling is required to get it in your budget

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/ ... e/10723356

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 pm 

Man stay away from the JS series. Cheap shite from a sweat shop.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 am 

AntonArcane wrote:
Man stay away from the JS series. Cheap shite from a sweat shop.

on the back it said crafted in china, made with slave labour no doubt. It played pretty nicely though

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 am 

Very cheap components though. Cheap woods and metals etc. I see a lot of lads having problems with bits breaking off them. For the same money or a little more you could get a nice second hand Japanese Jackson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 pm 

if Im not mistaken the body was mahogany, which I wasn't expecting for 250euros.

has anyone experience with a dean custom 350?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm 

the new jackson js 32 series are fucking excellent guitars for the money. they were previously the achilles heel of the entire brand (the js 3o series were god awful) and fair play to Jackson/Fender, they stepped up. inexpensive they may be, cheap they are not.

if you're happy enough to keep it stock, it may not be a world-beater but it's a damn sight better than any other brand new instrument you'll get for that money. on the other hand, over time upgrading the pickups/bridge/nut would see you having a very, very good guitar indeed. the necks are fantastic and the bodies are solid. i have a custom built Jackson that uses a JS32 series neck and body as the chassis, and it's excellent. don't be put off by the lower-end stigma at all.

on the other hand, do not under any circumstances buy a cheap dean.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm 

Leather Mike wrote:
the new jackson js 32 series are fucking excellent guitars for the money. they were previously the achilles heel of the entire brand (the js 3o series were god awful) and fair play to Jackson/Fender, they stepped up. inexpensive they may be, cheap they are not.

if you're happy enough to keep it stock, it may not be a world-beater but it's a damn sight better than any other brand new instrument you'll get for that money. on the other hand, over time upgrading the pickups/bridge/nut would see you having a very, very good guitar indeed. the necks are fantastic and the bodies are solid. i have a custom built Jackson that uses a JS32 series neck and body as the chassis, and it's excellent. don't be put off by the lower-end stigma at all.

on the other hand, do not under any circumstances buy a cheap dean.

Thanks dude. The Jackson felt like a really decent budget guitar, yet the made in china aspect was worrisome. No love for budget deans?

Schecter and An Ibanez Gio are the other options...not keen on a Gio tbh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

I can vouch for the JS series as well, picked up a JS32 7 string in musicmaker earlier this year, the compound radius necks are a treat and you just fly around them.

Same goes for Schecter, got a cheapo chinese made Omen 6 off Thomann years ago for €250 or so, and after a set up by a luthier it feels like butter and plays waaayyyyyyy better than some higher end guitars (€800-1k+) I've had a go on.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next