Back
  New gear 2018!!!

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am 

Got tired of waiting for the rest of ye :wink:

Have had my eye on this for a couple of weeks now

https://www.andertons.co.uk/schecter-c- ... ecter-1351

Looks proper tasty but auld Hevy Devy is supposed to have his Framus sig series out this year as well so don't want to blow the budget just yet. Apparently there'll be 3 different versions of DT's guitar(s) at different price levels but all I know is that he told some Aussie guy that $8000 will be the top end. Assuming that's Aussie dollars, that's about €5200 :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am 

Framus are the guitar-making brand name used by Warwick. 5 grand is about right for a proper German made Warwick though, to be fair, they are about as well made as something can be. They can go way more expensive if you'd really like.

That Schecter looks very nice. They make some very good gear for the money. Interesting pickups too, nice to see some production guitars with some technology designed after 1960.

I'm in the throes of having to offload for now, which sucks balls, but I'm also getting the itch for a 6-string bass again. If I can juggle some funds around I might see if I can swing something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am 

The top end Framus stuff gets very heavy on the wallet, more so than most top end names like PRS I think.

I reckon the bottom tier model will be either around the €800 or €1200 mark. If I wasn't going off travelling I'd seriously consider one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am 

Juggz wrote:
Framus are the guitar-making brand name used by Warwick. 5 grand is about right for a proper German made Warwick though, to be fair, they are about as well made as something can be. They can go way more expensive if you'd really like.

Yeah, been checking them out since DT signed up. His silver Stormbender custom model was up there in their shop but it was over €10k. Price has been changed to POA now along with all his others. The Black Nirvana model is €5800 in their price PDF so that's prob the figure they're aiming for. Still a fair auld chunk of cash and you don't even get a hardcase.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 am 

:lol: For that money, you better play it, not keep it in the case.

It's the same for the basses. They scaled back production in Germany a while ago, making the German stuff much more of a premium. I'd imagine there'll be a Korean model - which will be very good - in or around the grand mark, if they follow the same model they do with the basses.

Their German factory is state-of-the-art, very heavy on technology. They are big on modern construction processes. I'm a big fan of the basses so I'd expect the guitars to be very, very good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:03 pm 

Spose they were never gonna be cheap if they wanted to stay anywhere close to the original spec with the Evertune bridge and Fishman pickups.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:35 pm 

Ibanez 2018 catalog for anyone interested - https://issuu.com/ibanezgermany/docs/ib ... talog_2018

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Ibanez 2018 catalog for anyone interested - https://issuu.com/ibanezgermany/docs/ib ... talog_2018

The Tubescreamer is going to have a tube in it now :lol:

Has anyone actually played any of these tube powered pedals? I am seeing them more and more but I can't really hear any difference when being demoed.

Is it just the novelty or what because they are pretty pricey.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 pm 

Nixer wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

The Tubescreamer is going to have a tube in it now :lol:

Has anyone actually played any of these tube powered pedals? I am seeing them more and more but I can't really hear any difference when being demoed.

Is it just the novelty or what because they are pretty pricey.

Depends hugely on the voltage and current they're running on. Some are just for show, some work really well and are pretty much same as the pre section of a proper tube amp in a pedal style case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:15 pm 

Getting my first bit of new gear in ages in the form of a Deusenberg Les Trem II. Fancied a Bigsby but these look better, cheaper and handier to install.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 am 

That Schecter has entered my Andertons basket which normally only ends one way :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am 

That didn't take long :lol:

Not quite new gear but it will amount to it - Bought two of those GCI business cards that you can use as a PCB to build a Brutalist pedal yesterday, they're on the deathwish EU store for €7.50 each. I can't solder for shit but know a few people who can help me out. Still have to pick up the rest of the materials for it, will do that after I get the cards.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:58 am 

ochoill wrote:

I can't solder for shit but know a few people who can help me out. Still have to pick up the rest of the materials for it, will do that after I get the cards.

To be fair, I lasted 4 full days :lol:

Stuff for soldering isn't actually that pricey. Had to replace a faulty diode on the old pedal board. Picked up everything I needed (iron, roll of solder, stand, multimeter, solder sucker) for about €30 in the local hardware shop. Took a couple of goes to get right but you can always melt it and use the sucker to remove the dodgy solder before trying again. There's loads of vids online about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:33 pm 

Cheers, I'll look up a few for some basics and practice! One of my old workmates is an electronic engineer and is going to help me with it, I can borrow a multimeter and soldering kit from work too but will have to buy the rest. Had a look at the instructions and kit list online this morning and it doesn't seem too bad either. A useful skill to learn anyway :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:21 pm 

ochoill wrote:

Not quite new gear but it will amount to it - Bought two of those GCI business cards that you can use as a PCB to build a Brutalist pedal yesterday, they're on the deathwish EU store for €7.50 each. I can't solder for shit but know a few people who can help me out. Still have to pick up the rest of the materials for it, will do that after I get the cards.

Ordered another two myself earlier. Sold my last two builds but gonna keep one of this lot. Real nice tight distortion. Give us a shout if ya need any help with sourcing parts or building them.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next