Back
  New gear 2018!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:23 pm 

Yiz are f%&king nuts. I'm never touching mine again, drove me spare waiting weeks for this pedal and that cable.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:31 pm 

ochoill wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:
ochoill wrote:
Never soldered anything before

Just remember to wet the spongey bit on the soldering iron stand before you start :wink:

I did that at least! The absolute cut of my soldering though. If it works first time i'll be suprised. Also forgot to order knobs for the top of the pots, at least it's an excuse to order another kit for practice :lol:
Emphyrio wrote:
At least it's all running correctly now so laying it out isn't as big an issue.

The most fun part of owning a board is the rearranging. It's oddly satisfying. Either that or i'm a sad bastard, which is very possible

It is strangely satisfying. When you manage to get it all to fit, after tetrising around the different power inputs, jack leads and all the rest. Powering it up and everything working first time is cause for celebration!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 am 

if6was9 wrote:
Powering it up and everything working first time is cause for celebration!

Had to change something the other day which involved removing a few pedals temporarily. Turned it on afterwards...loads of lights, no sound so had to chase the patch lead causing the problem. Checking the loops helped a bit but it turned out to be the only Harley Benton solderless one left on the board. Life lesson there kids, there's a reason they're a lot cheaper than the Planet Waves/Evidence Audio kits.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:05 am 

if6was9 wrote:
It is strangely satisfying. When you manage to get it all to fit, after tetrising around the different power inputs, jack leads and all the rest. Powering it up and everything working first time is cause for celebration!

Pure joy. I'm looking forward to rebuilding mine, should be able to start it this weekend and cut the base for it on monday, going to put a bit longer into this one perfectly line it up. Until I buy something else :lol:

Finished building the tube screamer last night and it actually worked first time! a little noisey but i'll figure that out later. Very surprised. Have no use for it at the moment but i'm tempted to keep building the kits and make a back up board of stuff i've put together.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm 

Unexpected new gear today.

The pedal plates I'd ordered from Templeboards in the UK a few weeks ago went AWOL so Vince kindly sent out another set. Originals turned up today after having been on a quick trip to Canada...go figure. Msg'd Vince to see if he wanted them shipped back to him and he said to hang onto them. Now I need 7 new pedals and a board to put them on :D

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:02 pm 

ochoill wrote:

Finished building the tube screamer last night and it actually worked first time! a little noisey but i'll figure that out later. Very surprised. Have no use for it at the moment but i'm tempted to keep building the kits and make a back up board of stuff i've put together.

Fair play John.

spoderman01 wrote:
Unexpected new gear today.

The pedal plates I'd ordered from Templeboards in the UK a few weeks ago went AWOL so Vince kindly sent out another set. Originals turned up today after having been on a quick trip to Canada...go figure. Msg'd Vince to see if he wanted them shipped back to him and he said to hang onto them. Now I need 7 new pedals and a board to put them on :D

:lol: Only 7 new ones??

Not new gear as such. Had to get cables suitable to the new configuration and despite swearing not to, I put in an order for a larger pedalboard. Not hugely bigger really but I was worried I'm taking too many things off the board to be replaced by the M5. Now I'll likewise have a bit of space for possibly adding another pedal or 2. Not 7.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:42 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
I put in an order for a larger pedalboard.

What did you opt for in the end?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:16 am 

Thon Vox Tone lab SE case. Longer than my rockcase but not as wide. Not sure it adds all that much space but with the new flat cables I'll set it up properly later and see. The lack of width is nice though for going up stairs etc. Once all is said and done I'll probably consider it slightly more expensive than it's probably worth but I defo didn't want to get a noticeably bigger case like I did a while back.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:52 pm 

Might have to get one of these:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkQCetlEUSg
Sounds great, small footprint too for something with so many options. Still loving the EHX canyon and this is basically that but for Reverb.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am 

ochoill wrote:
Sounds great, small footprint too for something with so many options. Still loving the EHX canyon and this is basically that but for Reverb.

Yup, saw that announced a coupla days ago. Defo being marketed as the Reverb equivalent of the Canyon so will probably be in or around that price range. I think I'm sorted for reverb, otherwise I could be very interested.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:17 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
ochoill wrote:

Yup, saw that announced a coupla days ago. Defo being marketed as the Reverb equivalent of the Canyon so will probably be in or around that price range. I think I'm sorted for reverb, otherwise I could be very interested.

You think :lol:
Have to save the cash this month but going to look into this late in July, since I've been on the hunt for a reverb for the last while and the cheap valeton I picked up is... not great. Fine as a stop gap but that's it. There's some really deadly effects on the Ocean 11 that I think will stack nicely with the Canyon. I will never write an actual riff again, just drone on for hours :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am 

Any M5 owners here tried using it as a gate/compressor? If so, are they up to much compared to your typical gate/compressor pedals?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Any M5 owners here tried using it as a gate/compressor? If so, are they up to much compared to your typical gate/compressor pedals?

Haven't used that kinda stuff at all on the M5. Ciaran will probably have a better idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:

Haven't used that kinda stuff at all on the M5. Ciaran will probably have a better idea.

Nah I haven't used those on it either really! I don't have either a gate or a comp on my board currently at all!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:25 am 

Harley Benton 2x12 arrived. That thing is boomy!

Page: Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next