Back
  New gear 2018!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am 

Hope you're enjoying it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm 

ochoill wrote:
Hope you're enjoying it!

Yeah, much 'fuller' sound than I thought it would have. It's sitting here beside me while I'm trying to get some work done but gonna have a proper bash off of it later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am 

See the Glen Fricker video on those cabs at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7ZDrpbD-k&t=1s

I bought and ART Pro VLA II the other day, very nice sounding comp actually. Got a couple of the Thomann large ribbon mic's too for room mic's, i cant believe how great they sound. Their cheapy roto-toms are also great fun and unreal value.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am 

Mesa sounds better but not four times better. Wonder if the HB cab was the same size as the Mesa (I believe the Mesa is slighter bigger) would they sound even closer? Either way I reckon you could eq the head a bit to get it it close enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am 

moose wrote:
Mesa sounds better but not four times better. Wonder if the HB cab was the same size as the Mesa (I believe the Mesa is slighter bigger) would they sound even closer? Either way I reckon you could eq the head a bit to get it it close enough.

According to the dimensions on Thomann, the HB is substantially bigger than the Rectifier 2x12. The Mesa Lonestar is slightly bigger but still smaller than the HB.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
moose wrote:

According to the dimensions on Thomann, the HB is substantially bigger than the Rectifier 2x12. The Mesa Lonestar is slightly bigger but still smaller than the HB.

Interesting. Maybe just tuned better. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm 

Just ordered Mooer 011 preamp, Radar Pedal & case. See how this pans out

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm 

makeshift atomsmasher wrote:
Just ordered Mooer 011 preamp, Radar Pedal & case. See how this pans out

In stereo, left to right normally :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 pm 

Picked up a cheap MIDI coupler on ebay so will be able to add the amp into the MIDI chain and control everything from the ES8...hopefully.

Only thing left then would be to get the Line 6 M5 into the chain but that only has MIDI IN, no THRU so will end up having to get a Y-cable and splitting the signal somewhere along the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:53 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Picked up a cheap MIDI coupler on ebay so will be able to add the amp into the MIDI chain and control everything from the ES8...hopefully.

Only thing left then would be to get the Line 6 M5 into the chain but that only has MIDI IN, no THRU so will end up having to get a Y-cable and splitting the signal somewhere along the way.

Cables all arrived over the last week so the loop switcher can now control all aspects of the amp - channel, preset switching, boost, power soak. Can even control gain/built-in-FX levels via exp pedal. MIDI splitter arrived this morning so have also hooked up the M5 for MIDI but haven't tried it out yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:05 pm 

This thread went very quiet. Easily known it's festival season for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 pm 

Dynamo in 2 weeks so gonna be a quiet one for a while

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am 

Couple of weeks ago I picked up an I-Rig for my phone so I could play in the back garden in the good weather. Macgyvered it to a strap to make it easy to carry around. Nothing earth shattering but for the price and handiness its great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm 

Andy82 wrote:
Couple of weeks ago I picked up an I-Rig for my phone so I could play in the back garden in the good weather. Macgyvered it to a strap to make it easy to carry around. Nothing earth shattering but for the price and handiness its great.

What's the sound quality like? Had one of the Marshall Micro's a few years and gimmick-aside, it was utter pish.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm 

Through decent head phones it sounds pretty good. The metal amp that comes with the app is not the best but you can buy more for about a fiver each. I got the Metal W amp and I am guessing its based of a Mesa Mark VI, because it has an EQ , that sounds decent. It has an input level in the app that makes a big difference in the sound. Before I found that I thought is sounded like shit. But that's because the input was way too low.

The I-Rig seems to do all the processing your phone is basically just editing the settings so it is not too heavy on phone battery. Only downside is that it would be great to be able to use the phones blue tooth to connect to an external speaker.

Its a different kettle of fish to those Marshall Micro amps though.

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next