Back
  New gear 2018!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm 

Those Blackstar Fly Mini amps are good for home/portable jamming. Sound isn't amazing considering they're tiny and all, but they are fairly versatile. Uses 6x AAs for power, built in delay, comes with an extension cab and has bluetooth for about €100. I use them for writing at home - Bluetooth either phone or laptop for a drum machine and plug the guitar in, fastest set up for jamming, or plug the Zoom G5 in to the laptop and amp and I can still multitrack away in decent quality. The main one also comes around as a regular bluetooth speaker whenever needed. Very good for the price but I wouldn't pay more for a thing like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 am 

Maplins had a few of these going kinda cheapish when they were closing down. At the time, I clearly didn't realise Ireland was going to be teleported to the Tropics in June so I didn't purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstar-IDCO ... B00SOFOFU4

Seems like a decent enough yoke for the price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:02 pm 

Between trades and good prices I've picked up a few bits lately. All Digitech stuff as it happens. Got me a Whammy 5, Dirty Robot and Obscura. The former 2 have now basically rendered the M5 useless as the harmony function on the Whammy sounds identical to the M5, and the Dirty Robot replaces a patch on the M5 I was using to replace the Synth Wah. Defo don't have space on my board for the Whammy and M5, and while that just reduces the M5 to novelty type effects I'll hang on to it anyway.

The Obscura is grand, was mainly thinking of using the "reverse" function but I'm not great or patient enough at fiddling with the settings so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm 

Got some more preamps. Bogner Uberschall. Tasty. Just leave the boost on all time. It needs it. Mooer 011. Hmmm... running it into radar pedal or any cab sim, sounds like shit. Muddy, no articulation. But earlier, ran it into f/x return of Joyo Zimbie into Marshall 4x12. It came alive. Proper tight chunky tone. Sounded so good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am 

I was looking at the Uberschall a while back. Apparently the pedal doesn't have the same oomph as the amp. The amp sounds incredible, suppose the pedal was never gonna match it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:03 pm 

Definitily. It's very thin without the boost. When played it last night, ran Nux boost into it, with it's own boost engaged into f/x return of Bugera 333. Nice contrast with P2 that also had. P2 way more aggressive, Bogner is much smoother.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:02 pm 

Picked up a second-hand Harley Benton LP Custom there for next to no money, thinking it would be a cheap way to cure the GAS i've had for a white LP/EC of late.

Fuck me. All mahogany, set neck, full binding, TonePros bridge, Grovers, active p'ups. Even at the brand new price the thing is fairly over-powered. Will report back with how it sounds, but first impression is, thus far, very good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm 

Picked one up as part of a trade for something I was trying to flog for months. Much better guitar than I was expecting to be fair.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:31 pm 

yeah, very much in the same boat there. if it sounds half as good as it feels i'll be delighted, and if not i'll just dump a set of LiveWires into it and call it even :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:42 pm 

Ordered the wireless Air Switch for the Ocean Machine. €40 quid. Hoping it might make it a bit more usable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:07 am 

was gassing for a new fuzz flavor so picked up a behringer SF300 for all of 25 quid, boss fz2/superfuzz clone, thing is disgusting in the best way possible, can do splatty 60s fuzz to Lecy Wiz tones to all out hideous noise deadliness. I also own the behringer vibrato and pitch shifter, Ive yet to be let down by any of their cheapies, deadly pedals for the price of a few pints

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am 

Yeah, I used to have one of their flangers which I sold to buy a Boss, expecting it to be better. Plastic shell aside, the Behringer was a much better pedal, much nicer flange.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 pm 

I prefer the SF300 to the FZ2, not a huge difference in them at all but I just clicked better with it. Must pick up another.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:38 pm 

Have my eye on another H9. They're insane bits of kit for the size of them. Pretty much aiming at one purely for delays, one for modulation and one for reverb/pitch.

To fund this, I've stuck my Eventide Timefactor up for sale in the Sales forum and I'm considering getting rid of the Strymon Mobius as well. If anyone's interested in that, shoot me a msg as there's a good chance I could be talked into it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:36 pm 

Any chance you could give a brief run down of how you use all the your effects spoderman. Genuine interest in case the question comes across as sarky

Page: Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next