Back
  New gear 2018!!!

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm 

Those Blackstar Fly Mini amps are good for home/portable jamming. Sound isn't amazing considering they're tiny and all, but they are fairly versatile. Uses 6x AAs for power, built in delay, comes with an extension cab and has bluetooth for about €100. I use them for writing at home - Bluetooth either phone or laptop for a drum machine and plug the guitar in, fastest set up for jamming, or plug the Zoom G5 in to the laptop and amp and I can still multitrack away in decent quality. The main one also comes around as a regular bluetooth speaker whenever needed. Very good for the price but I wouldn't pay more for a thing like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 am 

Maplins had a few of these going kinda cheapish when they were closing down. At the time, I clearly didn't realise Ireland was going to be teleported to the Tropics in June so I didn't purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstar-IDCO ... B00SOFOFU4

Seems like a decent enough yoke for the price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:02 pm 

Between trades and good prices I've picked up a few bits lately. All Digitech stuff as it happens. Got me a Whammy 5, Dirty Robot and Obscura. The former 2 have now basically rendered the M5 useless as the harmony function on the Whammy sounds identical to the M5, and the Dirty Robot replaces a patch on the M5 I was using to replace the Synth Wah. Defo don't have space on my board for the Whammy and M5, and while that just reduces the M5 to novelty type effects I'll hang on to it anyway.

The Obscura is grand, was mainly thinking of using the "reverse" function but I'm not great or patient enough at fiddling with the settings so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm 

Got some more preamps. Bogner Uberschall. Tasty. Just leave the boost on all time. It needs it. Mooer 011. Hmmm... running it into radar pedal or any cab sim, sounds like shit. Muddy, no articulation. But earlier, ran it into f/x return of Joyo Zimbie into Marshall 4x12. It came alive. Proper tight chunky tone. Sounded so good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am 

I was looking at the Uberschall a while back. Apparently the pedal doesn't have the same oomph as the amp. The amp sounds incredible, suppose the pedal was never gonna match it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:03 pm 

Definitily. It's very thin without the boost. When played it last night, ran Nux boost into it, with it's own boost engaged into f/x return of Bugera 333. Nice contrast with P2 that also had. P2 way more aggressive, Bogner is much smoother.

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19