Back
  Danelectro !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm 

Any fans out there? I have owned a U2 in the past which I fucking loved and have picked up a long horn bass recently- honestly have to be the most playable, vibey original design instruments ever made. And basically built from a flat pack kitchen and lipstick tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm 

Isnt all their stuff made with a (no doubt deliberate) retro 50's looking godawful design? Very ugly to look at - no sure how the stuff plays as I could never get past the look.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 pm 

Deffo marmite for some, I think the longhorn and the jimmy page style 3021 are gorgeous. They play great and you don’t get that horrible warm feeling of horror if they take a tumble.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:48 pm 

Have a Fab Tone distortion pedal (first pedal ever!) that I used to never use but have been using it more and more recently. Can get a good fuzz sound out of it and also does the Master of Puppets tone quite well which surprised me.

As for the guitars remember playing them acoustically in a shop back when they were re-release in the 90s. Remember them being nice to play and different but cant see one in my house any time soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 pm 

have a 2007 Dano Pro reissue, think it was 200 quid at the time, I liked the look and figured if it was shite Id just hang it on the wall. Never made it to the wall and never stopped playing it, love it, built like a tank and shockingly solid feeling, none of the wonkiness you expect from a cheapo, love the wack of the lipstick pickups too. Lasted longer and gets more play than most of my more expensive guitars. The look is def a love/hate thing but ive found that even people who hate it are surprised when they pick it up how nice it plays.

Cant speak for the newer stuff, seems much higher priced plus theres so many companies now doing reissues of weird cool looking 60s yokes if youre after that garage punk mojo (supro, harmony, silvertone etc)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am 

We used this and a Dano branded bass of similar vintage (59/60) on the last Wild Rocket album. Amazing sounding instruments.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

Yip, that’s a deadly instrument. I’m going to bring mine in too next month-very cool low end