Back
  Low End 2009 28th/29th August- Report on page 52

Page: Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm 

Kandy Avanagh wrote:
Paul keohane wrote:
is I.M.P the new Dr Rock(acheron) :P

Ah now here dont insult the lad
only having a laugh :lol: ,no way could he be as bad as him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:55 am 

Some girl fell in to a pile of puke, that was the same colour as that nasty shit in front of aule Andyman, in my work on Sat night.

Is it Bucky right enough? Would explain a lot, we though some schleg boked her hole of a chicken tikka munch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am 

Kungfu Jesus wrote:
we though some schleg boked her hole of a chicken tikka munch.

What? :lol:

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am 

Flem wrote:
Kungfu Jesus wrote:

Haha Dave needs subtitles. East Belfast to Dublin Dictionary :lol:

It says
"We were under the impression a young lady who looked quite promiscuous was made ill by eating a chicken tikka flavoured snack."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 am 

lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:06 pm 

TemplarOfSteel wrote:
Flem wrote:
Kungfu Jesus wrote:

Haha Dave needs subtitles. East Belfast to Dublin Dictionary :lol:

It says
"We were under the impression a young lady who looked quite promiscuous was made ill by eating a chicken tikka flavoured snack."

Was wondering what the fuck it meant alright! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 pm 

Thanks Connor!

I did spell "thought" wrong though.

I was running on fumes when I typed that. Tis a pretty good translation!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:42 pm 

Some serious coloured puke!

Got that tanked myself on the Fri night I was asked to leave!

Mind you I had seen two tales of woe at that stage so all was not lost!

Went home and assualted a sleeping Hellfire with some Hillbillys, mind you don't remember buying it though :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:12 pm 

KillerVoodoo wrote:

Went home and assualted a sleeping Hellfire with some Hillbillys, mind you don't remember buying it though :D

You were assaulted by a sleeping hellfire. You should have just left my boots on I woke up naked anyways

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm 

approach with caution.. or some sort of a long stick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 pm 

Ah he's a teddy bear.....I've dealt with him in full flight....mind you it's when the fucker wakes up and starts on yer booze thats when I get pissy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:09 pm 

hellfire wrote:
KillerVoodoo wrote:

You were assaulted by a sleeping hellfire. You should have just left my boots on I woke up naked anyways

Yeah no I was talking about the fri night when I got home in the ribbons and you were conked.....I've been told I was floggin ya with a bag o chips or some such...the boots thing was the night after. Seriously need to get those things at the end of yer legs amputated! :lol:

As i remember who were telling us not to shake you as we put ya tah bed.....say the car did enough of that for ya! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:26 am 

SPEARHEAD wrote:
Official statement from SPEARHEAD, in response to the ‘festival report’ by Irish Metal Promotions (IMP):

We would first like to address the allegations IMP have made against us in their pathetic ‘festival report’. Firstly, we would like to clarify that at no point during our set-up did any member of SPEARHEAD ‘refuse’ the assistance of the stage crew. This allegation is a complete fallacy, for two reasons: (1) we actively sought the assistance of the stage crew, particularly in relation to guitar sound which we were not entirely satisfied with, and (2) the truth is that there was a total lack of on-stage assistance, particularly in relation to the drum set-up. We therefore find it laughable that IMP would accuse us of ‘refusing’ assistance when there was very little to speak of; this is the primary reason for the length of time it took us to set-up. Had there been somebody on hand to assist with the drum set-up (which is a standard requirement at all festivals – and most gigs – we have played) we would have taken half the amount of time. This issue is particularly pertinent given the very tight timescales that we had to work with.

To illustrate the inadequacy of the crew, we would like point out that at one stage we were asked if we were ready to begin, even though our vocalist had not even been provided with a microphone, which he only acquired after several attempts to engage with the crew. Unfortunately, the stage crew were inexperienced and clearly out of their depth. We would like to apologise to anybody that was disappointed with the length of our set, which we cut short in order to ensure that the rest of the evening continued on schedule – but we hope that you can appreciate that this unfortunate situation was, to a large extent, the result of the poor festival organisation...

[/i]

I was the guitar tech you mention in your statement. As I feel this thread has already descended into farce I wont be addressing any issues in public. It serves only to undermine the fact that anyone attending the festival enjoyed themselves and the bands as a whole played out of their skin.

The reason I am posting this is only to state that while I respect Spearheads right to make a statement, your version of the truth is a complete fabrication regarding me. If you wish to discuss this further PM me, it is only out of professional courtesy that I am not printing my rebuttal on these boards. Suffice to say I am not in any way 'inadequate', 'inexperienced' or 'clearly out of my depth'. I would urge you to correct your statement out of the same courtesy I am allowing you.

As regards this thread people are losing the topic here. I'm assuming at this stage everyone has the necessary contact details to rectify any remaining issues there may be.
17 bands played the festival over 2 days and the vast majority of them clearly enjoyed themselves (some did a little bit too much).. anyone watching it sessioned the shit out of it and got to see some great bands. Martz is a good and motivated guy who put a huge amount of effort at his own expense into making this a success, and I've every faith he'll move onto bigger and better things. It shouldn't be overlooked either that the sound for the entire weekend was perfect and Little Dave worked his balls off to make sure it was that way. People dedicated to promoting and developing the Irish music scene should be supported and respected. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 am 

bobo wrote:
SPEARHEAD wrote:
Official statement from SPEARHEAD, in response to the ‘festival report’ by Irish Metal Promotions (IMP):

People dedicated to promoting and developing the Irish music scene should be supported and respected. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Supported yes. Respect has to be earned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 am 

kohoutek wrote:
bobo wrote:
SPEARHEAD wrote:

People dedicated to promoting and developing the Irish music scene should be supported and respected. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Supported yes. Respect has to be earned.

He is supported and he has earned respect.

Page: Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next