Back
  Low End 2009 28th/29th August- Report on page 52

Page: Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 am 

Clearly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:35 pm 

IMP perhaps you should have watched this before you ran the fest.
around 7 min into this the elbow turns into the all wise and powerfull nemtheanga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5XB-oWv_IY

next time get the irish government to back you.don't charge bands and stalls 30% for selling their merch,and you wouldnt have ended up getting posts like this directed at you

btw what did you do with all the monies you got from the 30% of band and stall merch sales?

Nemtheanga wrote:

So let me make this very clear

Pay your debts or there will be repercussions.
All I have to do is pick up the phone. Understand ?.

AAN/Primordial

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm 

monkeysplurff wrote:
don't charge bands and stalls 30% for selling their merch

Somebody please say that this is not true. 30%?????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:32 pm 

It's not true.

Not at least as far as Stand-Up Guy are concerned. On the Saturday I asked Martin directly where to set up merch, he obliged and no mention of comission was made. Many thanks to Scobes for kindly keeping an eye on it all day.

Philip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
It's not true.

Not at least as far as Stand-Up Guy are concerned. On the Saturday I asked Martin directly where to set up merch, he obliged and no mention of comission was made. Many thanks to Scobes for kindly keeping an eye on it all day.

Philip

Same as us on friday, ourselves, and RSJ had our merch up in the Bar area...no problems there??? Somebody is making shit up here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm 

monkeysplurff wrote:
IMP perhaps you should have watched this before you ran the fest.
around 7 min into this the elbow turns into the all wise and powerfull nemtheanga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5XB-oWv_IY

next time get the irish government to back you.don't charge bands and stalls 30% for selling their merch,and you wouldnt have ended up getting posts like this directed at you

btw what did you do with all the monies you got from the 30% of band and stall merch sales?

Nemtheanga wrote:

So let me make this very clear

Pay your debts or there will be repercussions.
All I have to do is pick up the phone. Understand ?.

AAN/Primordial

complete fabrication. a lot of this thread is starting to descend into slander now and I'd urge you to contact the people involved directly rather than posting lies about merch sales etc on a public forum, where did you hear this and what caused you to post it publicly?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm 

daniel wrote:
monkeysplurff wrote:
don't charge bands and stalls 30% for selling their merch

Somebody please say that this is not true. 30%?????

did you watch the utube shit?
they say that all fests charge 20/30% on merch
and alan said it was incredibly important and generous of that hits fest not to charge this eventhough they are funded by the government ffs

i can see IMP didnt charge this atall...i'm just saying that if they did this they would have made some extra cash....and perhaps would have been able to pay the bands.....
ie IMP are incredibly generous not to charge this and the bands that didnt get fully paid should take this into account and they should support a young lad that got so much abuse from a 'big' irish band about money here on a fuckin fourm.whatever about the english bands..but a bit of support from our own would have been nice...
it seems they praise government funded fests in other countrys and abuse irish promoters...nice one lads..

rember they pay for the venue and let the record stalls have a free shop and prob free entry..............................................................................................................................................................................................................and shit is their thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:24 pm 

Longcat is Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:10 am 

Eh Monkey.
The guy makes arrangements with bands, he should keep his side of the bargain..simple as...
I thought it was a good festival, crew were great/nice venue and I guess Martin took a big risk but he has to expect bands to wonder whats going on when he ignores texts and mails. Hopefully he will learn from this and tie up any loose ends. i wish him all the best for the future.[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am 

KillerVoodoo wrote:
Ah he's a teddy bear.....I've dealt with him in full flight....mind you it's when the fucker wakes up and starts on yer booze thats when I get pissy :lol:

When you locked me in your house with a case of miller what did you think was going to happen? Twas just nature taking it's course :D If you hadnt slept all afternoon you could have joined me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:13 pm 

hellfire wrote:
KillerVoodoo wrote:
Ah he's a teddy bear.....I've dealt with him in full flight....mind you it's when the fucker wakes up and starts on yer booze thats when I get pissy :lol:

When you locked me in your house with a case of miller what did you think was going to happen? Twas just nature taking it's course :D If you hadnt slept all afternoon you could have joined me

Cleverly worded post to imply that you drinking my beer is my fault and not the fact you should have been locked up for the whole weekend anyway...oh and how are the ribs by the way? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:15 pm 

I take it bands have been all paid up at this stage?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm 

Mordha wrote:
Thrand wrote:
Right, lets make very clear the truth about the liar rip-off Martin from Irish Metal Promotions:

All the people in support of this arsehole are obviously his friends and comrades from the Irish scene - not the voice of truth. And worse still, you bunch of cunts have replied in disrespect of the statements of Onslaught, Primordial and Spearhead - SHAME ON YOU.

He didn't deal with any bands by e-mail after this event. Instead, like a coward, he posted on here. No bands got any phone calls, nor e-mails.
He hasn't paid the bands all the money he owed.

In summary:
THIS GUY IS A RIP-OFF. HE SHOULD NOT PUT ON A METAL EVENT OR FESTIVAL AGAIN. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY HE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED. I WILL BE WRITING TO ALL BANDS AND AGENCIES THAT MARTIN FROM IRISH METAL PROMOTIONS PLANS TO BOOK IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND TELL THEM ABOUT HIM.

Martin - here's a message for you:
Never treat any bands like this again and think about the consequences of your poor organisational skills.

Oh kick a rock jerk........
I had fun and will be attending next year if it's on!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:55 am 

I wish I was Avril Lavinge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:20 pm 

Skippy wrote:
Paul keohane wrote:
Taranis wrote:
haha, priceless. Darragh, you disturbingly seemed to know the words there too.
Anyone remember the night we all went to Gorby's in Cork with the Abbaddon Incarnate lads? Good thing there were no video phones then
jesus did ye actually get in wearing metal gear?

if it's the Desecration gig he's mixed it up with yeah, myself, quirky, the russel, joe, desecration lads, and a few more heads...even had the bounchers mind the van for them :)

No, not getting mixed up, that was the Works that we went to with Desecration, a very scaldy night it was too, I got no sleep and went and worked 16 hours straight the following day. The Abbaddon night was a couple of years after that, there was supposed to be an alternative night on, and the bouncers even said there was with a smile on their face...fuckers

Page: Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next