Back
  Your worst ever hangover...

Page: Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
101_North wrote:
I'm just back from the GP. My last hangover was so bad and the depression so long lasting that I'd convinced myself I'd finally killed my liver! Unfortunately he agreed and I'm off the booze awaiting results to see how bad it is!

My condolences fella. I'm the tail end of two weeks off as a result of some nasty acid reflux problem that seems to be gone for now but which I'm loathe to deal with again, so I had the odd one or two while were away last weekend and I'm back to staying off it til the end of the month

As it turned out I was OK. Not perfect but nothing a bit of a lifestyle change won't help. I've been drinking to excess for at least 25yrs and at some point it'll come back to haunt me if I don't do something now. I love the booze but I'm showing my age. I like to think that I'm invincible but these days the body is finding many different ways of telling me I'm far from it LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 pm 

I getcha. I was stuck on industrial strength antacids and was fine, then went out with a friend, got sick after three beers and was back to square one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:24 pm 

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
The smell of sick didn't quite leave the room even after it had been cleaned up, and the hangover didn't clear until half way through the following day.

I knew a fella in school that threw up down the side of his bed after a night out. He never cleaned it up, just sprayed it with Lynx everyday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:07 pm 

I was living in France at age 15 and was really interested in homelessness, having just read "Down and out in Paris and London" and I suggested to my best friend that we should learn more about homelessness.

He agreed, and said that to do it right, we should live homeless for the weekend. I went over to his during the week, and he decided we should buy enough booze for the weekend. I'd only been drunk once in my life at this stage. Anyway, come the Firday, we had three bottles of spirits and 12 beers and headed into Paris, drinking on the way in. When we got to the centre of Paris we were wasted. He decided to go all in as a bad homeless person and started peeing in the Galleries Lafayette, indoors. We then cut each other's hair (and body hair) in one of the fountains nearby, totally wasted. Things were a bit of a blur after that, but I do remember us having a perfume war late that evening in Sephora on the Champs Elysees, seeing who could spray as many people as possible and obviously each other. There's no way we didn't get kicked out of there.
I remember wandering around for a while and falling asleep under the Arc de Triomphe beside the eternal flame, from which we were rudely awoken by cops who didn't take kindly to this. It was the 12th of July and the troops were rehearsing for Bastille day on the 14th, so there were cops everywhere. We must have wandered for a while, but the next thing I remember is that I woke up and we were being attacked by skinheads with a crowbar, having assumed my swarthy friend was an arab. They then left and my friend managed to anger them again by throwing a bag of croissants at their car as they were driving off. Fortunately, the cops turned up but wouldn't talk to us as "Rien qu'avec ton haleine j'suis bourre" - I'm drunk on your breath.
I think we fell asleep in an underground car park somewhere. The next day we couldn't buy food as security wouldn't let us into any shops, so we simply gave them money and they did our shopping for us. Even homeless guys can have personal shoppers.
I don't remember the rest of the weekend, but my friend had to go to his sister's engagement party with a cracked rib and covered in bruises from the skinheads. It was an epic weekend (or at least the bits I remember) and it gave me an understanding of homelessness that stood me well when I later volunteered in a homeless shelter in Paris for two weeks.
I'm now a grown up with a wife, a child and a mortgage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:08 pm 

Mortgage? So potentially homeless!

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:40 pm 

Been a while...mon.

Page: Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46