Back
  Your worst ever hangover...

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 pm 

What did you drink (and for how long) in order to make it happen? Describe the hangover in great detail...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm 

:lol:
Are you alright man?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm 

Hangover fetishes scare me :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 pm 

Was the worst hangover and one of the worst things ive done when drunk.
A few of us were looking after our mate's boss's £1 mil house for a weekend. This house had a bar in it, snooker room etc, 5 bed.

Anyway, I finished off 30 bottles of grolsch, hit the spirits bar which had - Rum, Tequila, Scotch, Vodka, Baileys. So we proceeded to mix all this together and drink it all which we did. Next thing I know, i wake up outside in a hedge in the garden, still pissed. Get up and wreck the garden and smash every bottle and glass I can find lying around. Throwing up in his living room etc.

Went to bed, woke up to someone saying to me "hey man, your gonna have to get up and clean this place, you fuckin wrecked it."
Walk outside, its like a fuckin A Bomb hit his garden. Eggs all over the walls and food on the roof.
Trying to clean it up with a serious illness hangover,, was somethin else i tell ya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 pm 

I have a couple, one was just a drunken stupid dare, sitting in my mate's house, he got a jug and poured a mix of drinks which included port, rum, cherry brandy, whisky, vodka, stella and a lemon opal fruit.

I polished off two glasses of it, last thing I remember is going for a piss and then I woke up in my own house about 14 hours later. Apparently I fell asleep with my head in his toilet, commando rolled to his hallway once they discovered me and slept in the hall, then got a taxi the next morning. I was hungover for 2 days afterwards, I fell asleep under a table in my 6th form college common room.

The second story is why I can no longer drink tequila. Went out for New Year a few years back, took a bottle of tequila round to my mates, we drank half of it before we went out, had the usual mix of pints, vodka and coke, vodka and orange etc. at around 11 we though we should try and get in somewhere, only place open that would let us in was a Greek restaurant so then we started on the Ouzo.

Ouzo, Tequila, Baileys on top of what you'd have in a normal night is not good, I was still actually pissed at 3 the next day. I could have quite happily died just to stop my heading feeling like it was 10 foot across.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:15 pm 

I've had a few that really stood out.

After a particularly crazy session myself, Liam and Metal Kommand Steve went on in Nuremberg a few years ago which lasted a few days I had a four day hangover. Great session though...got thrown out of a bunch of places due to indecent exposure and other things, Liam got a couple of free shots from a barman after throwing stools around his bar and robbing candles from a bunch of nerds playing an RPG. Ended up losing him somewhere and ended up in a punk squat with Steve drinking whatever was there.

Had two more 4 dayers after UMM the last two years, and another one ofter the NYE party in Dublin for '07. These are generally the aftermath of 4 days or so of heavy drinking, combined with not sleeping. I think it's the latter that fucks me up more.

Last edited by Hellvomit on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm 

My worst hangover happened in June 2006, on a night refered to as 'the gincident'. I usually worked Saturday nights in the dogtrack, but it was being renovated so I wasn't working, which was really odd for me. I was used to not having to make plans for Saturdays, if I was evver off it was for a gig or something, there was a reason. But this was just an idle Saturday. I had been up town and got 6 cans and a DVD at about 5 or so. Turns out we were having a BBQ that night, deadly. My Ma didn't know I'd gotten cans, so she bought me 6 more. Basically, ate the BBQ, drank cans and two of the lads called round who had been at Machine Head the previous night. More or less have the 12 cans gone at around 11:30 and I get a call from Def, a lad I usually work with. He was heading to a nightclub and cuz I was pretty pissed, I thought it would be a great idea, so I met him in town. Started hammering vodka like no mans business, and did a few apple-jacks (measure of JD with no ice, drop a shot of apple sours and chug). Was basically fucked by the end of the night, but still had the thirst. Me, Def and another lad Fee, are standing around after and Fee mentions that he'd love another pint, and he thought he had cans inn his house. Dead on. We see a lad we know, and get a lift to Fee's house (a fair distance away, but still in town). Turns out there's no cans in Fee's house, but he returned with a bottle of Sambucca, a 3/4 of a bottle of Beefeater gin and some slimline tonic. We're sitting in his house, barely able to talk, doing shots in Celtic glasses and naming players. We drank it all over the course of about 3 hours, and can barely talk at this stage. We had no money for a taxi, and Def lived a good bit out of town. So he decies to ring his auld fella...auld fella collects us and I get home about 7:30 or so. Go to bed.

Get called for dinner the next day, my Nanny was round. I didn't feel too bad, and shovelled a few spuds in the mouth. Then, all of a sudden, like a ton of bricks my entire body just sort of fails. My head felt about like a ton weight, and I had a pain that started on my forehead, and travelled to the back of my head at my neck, and my arms were the same. I go up to bed, and just lie there, sweating. I've the curtains drawn cuz the sun is killing my head. I just lay there for about 4 hours, too fucked to sleep, just sort of groaning. I needed to be sick (which never happens, if I'm gonna puke, it's done on the night, never the next day) and it took about 10 minutes to get to the jacks. I do the needful and just lie on the floor, sweat pissing off me, but its great cause the tiles are cold. I was almost paralysed with the hangover like. I felt like I had the worst flu ever, and then some. I just lay on my bed the entire day, barely able to function. The first time I moved was at about 10pm, just attempt some food. No dice, couldn't handle it and just puked again. It was fucking awful.

I'm sure that there are worse stories, but to me if it were possible to die from a hangover, that day would've been it. i rang Def the next day, and he had passed out in his garden the previous day, on a deckchair. Cuz of the sun, he got sunburned all over his arms and legs...and his face. He got so badly sunburned that his face blistered. Awful stuff. I've never drank gin since 'The Gincident'.

Maybe a bit long-winded but I can't convey how crap a day that was. Monday came along and it was just like a regular hangover then, couldn't believe how long it lasted. Basically a 14 hour session, starting at 5pm Saturday and ending about 7 on the Sunday morning. Drank 12 cans, alot of vodka, I'm not sure really and about 7 shots of sambucca, and probably more than a shoulder of gin.

That specific enough Barry?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm 

:lol: you have some memory!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 pm 

Worst are when you cant eat or drink anything, as you're usually sick straight after it. Body just rejects everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 pm 

Imagine the top 5 worst things that ever happened to you...this is number 2. It stays with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:35 pm 

right now :P, well obv when ur hungover it kills.
two days of heavy drinkig, ending 3 am this morning, head hurts soo bad... i hate hangovers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 pm 

My worst one was the first one I got. I didnt start drinking until about a year ago, and I'd never gotten drunk until this point. tipsy, but never drunk.

Warning - this story contains reference to two popular brodude drinks, get your jokes ready now.

It was my mates 21st birthday. 3 of us went splits on a box of miller, and the fridge was already loaded with the stuff. After a few bottles, my mate opens a bottle of jack and we share it(the large size, ive no clue about sizes). He leaves this with me and wanders off, leaving me with about 4/5ths of the bottle. Later on, I dont know why, but im outside his front garden. Still alright at this stage, it hasnt hit me. Theres 1/4 of the bottle left, but from the short walk back to his sitting room, its all gone. The nex thing i remember is being on a bed, my phone is down the other end, ive been calling people, have messages, and a few mates are with me. Turned out i blacked out for 3 hours. In that black out they watched for take contact lens out. I threw up and passed out.

Woke up around 7 the next day. The jacks is broken, and i had to climb over a wheelie bin to take a piss out the back, I stood behind that for about 20 minutes after i pissed because i just couldnt move. Went back to that bed and passed out again. Wake up at 12ish. decide to make a break for home. Mouth is unbelieveable dry despite drinking a glass of water as I start to walk. Get to a shop and decide a carton of orange jucie will hit the spot. Terrible terrible idea. When I finally make it home, I end up sitting on the toilet, and before long I have to grab the waste bin and throw up the entire contents of my stomach.

The day was spent throwing up, lying on bed feeling like someone had removed my kidneys, my head being hammered, I tried to go downstairs just to get a drink and end up throwing up in the sink.

My lesson was never to drink a bottle of jack again by myself, and never drink orange juice the next day, no matter how good an idea it sounds like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:06 pm 

There was one after going on a football tour in Birmingham, followed by Ireland beating England in the rugger in 2003. Basically a week long piss-up, drank stupid amounts, waking up with cuts on my face and getting up and having pints for breakfast and kept it up for about 7 days. I started shaking uncontollably and had DT's. Thought I'd gone completely insane.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:12 pm 

I find I can't survive a bad hangover without resort to Solpadeine these days. I've dragged myself from the bed in the freezing, rainy dark to stumble for half an hour to a chemist to get it before. Sometimes I think I drink to feed my painkiller habit. There is something comforting about setting in train the sequence of activities that will make you feel better, its almost ritualistic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm 

there's been a few... here's some of the best (by that i mean worst!) events...

Graspop - my 1st one, Baggy & crew had researched a possible haunt called the Rock Classic bar. the whole day i'd not much to drink because no bar we stopped by had jack daniels or jim beam. i remember having half a pint of strongbow but they had no blackcurrant so i wasnt too fussed. get to the rock classic later that night and i order 2 double jds and nearly neck them in the process...after another couple of doubles, baggy & myself find a coctail menu and decide to sample. memorable ones were coco lady, milky way, liquid cocaine and the zombie. the zombie because nearly enough no one could take more than 1 gulp. god knows what was in all the cocktails,a mixture of nearly every spirit in the bar. left the bar to then go to some late night shop and eventually walked out with a big bottle of wkd. put it in my bag which then prolapsed and the bottle smashed, then decided to put my hand intot he bag to retrieve my passport,etc dog!
back to the hotel, i got to sleep around 3am ish? woke up the next day wanting to be sick but couldnt...kept drinking shitloads of water and looking like i was halfdead. got to the trainstation,more water then realised i was goin to puke. nowhere to puke on the train platform so tried to hide from the guys.... felt better and got some juice later but the bus ride to the campsite and the walk again didnt help. travelling with a rucksack,to a festival was near hell

LA guns in belfast a few years back was a fairly bad experience (well not hte gig)
had a bit of a session in spoons before the gig...doubles of jd followed by a couple of aftershock and then pitcher of god knows what....think is was blue,tasted nice! get to the gig and after another jack end up puking in the rosetta loos. go back out and keep on the jd & cokes..... good gig,got home and by 5am i was up being sick. this was particularly nasty though because i then kept on being sick every half hour on the dot.... after 6hours and being sick 12 times it ended and the day was spent drinking water and trying to deal with gut rot and a sore throat from being sick so much

hangovers suck!

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next