Back
  Putrefy/Abaddon Incarnate+2 Cork 10 July - Sentinel Stall

Page: Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:52 pm 

H wrote:
It was dumb of course but I have to say that I think the owner/manager of the venue has done more damage coming on here than whoever pulled the stunt in the first place. I know none of it would have happened but for the stunt but the fact remains that he's made it worse for his own venue and, indeed, for guys such as the Winterfest organisers.

Mainly because he's shown himself to be a fuckin idiot that can't even write properly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 pm 

Well in these days when it's tough enough anyway it's mind boggling that someone persists with committing commercial suicide. And a venue like that would be great in Dublin, fo sho!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 pm 

Yep, H is spot on too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:23 pm 

Locked? It's not getting locked. Pertinent questions have been asked by paying punters and gigging musicians, and as a casual watcher I'm still waiting for an answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 pm 

Natasliah666 wrote:
JenFast wrote:
so its true then....racists cant spell.... amazing he managed to even spell KKK

YOUR A GIRL/WOMAN SO YOU DON'T MATTER

NATASLIAH666

ugh, yawn!

made me laugh though...

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:35 pm 

The Fires of Hell wrote:
Locked? It's not getting locked. Pertinent questions have been asked by paying punters and gigging musicians, and as a casual watcher I'm still waiting for an answer.

Maybe you could somehow disable caps lock on his account though?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:54 pm 

H wrote:
It was dumb of course but I have to say that I think the owner/manager of the venue has done more damage coming on here than whoever pulled the stunt in the first place. I know none of it would have happened but for the stunt but the fact remains that he's made it worse for his own venue and, indeed, for guys such as the Winterfest organisers.

i dont see what makes the kkk 'stunt', as you call it, worse then your nazi riding a jew into the oven pic. the only difference to it is, that few muppets on this forum used the kkk stunt as a weapon against the venue, simply because they wanted to, not because they were so insulted by it. with all their
twisted morals, how come they didnt find your pic offensive? so i call to all muppets on this forum "go and fuck yourselves with all that you pretend to stand for!!!" maybe you should be worried about your post and how that might affect your promotion company H. cruiscin has supported winter fest organizers the whole way and always will and hasnt ever hasitated to share the burden of their misfortune.
anyone who thinks that bands will be affected by what happened - please explain your self, cos i dont see how and why it should

Last edited by streamovtorment on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:55 pm 

That would be good! Makes for painful reading his posts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 am 

streamovtorment wrote:

i dont see what makes the kkk 'stunt', as you call it, worse then your nazi riding a jew into the oven pic. the only difference to it is, that few moppets on this forum used the kkk stunt as a weapon against the venue, simply because they wanted to, not because they were so insulted by it. with all their
twisted morals, how come they didnt find your pic offensive? so i call to all moppets on this forum "go and fuck yourselves with all that you pretend to stand for!!!" maybe you should be worried about your post and how that might affect your promotion company H. cruiscin has supported winter fest organizers the whole way and always will and hasnt ever hasitated to share the burden of their misfortune.
anyone who thinks that bands will be affected by what happened - please explain your self, cos i dont see how and why it should
you have a fair point in most of what your saying,some people going ape over the kkk incident and no one bats an eye lid over the Nazi riding jew into oven picture.(as ive said i view both as jokes/people having a laugh)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:56 am 

streamovtorment wrote:
H wrote:

i dont see what makes the kkk 'stunt', as you call it, worse then your nazi riding a jew into the oven pic. the only difference to it is, that few muppets on this forum used the kkk stunt as a weapon against the venue, simply because they wanted to, not because they were so insulted by it. with all their
twisted morals, how come they didnt find your pic offensive? so i call to all muppets on this forum "go and fuck yourselves with all that you pretend to stand for!!!" maybe you should be worried about your post and how that might affect your promotion company H. cruiscin has supported winter fest organizers the whole way and always will and hasnt ever hasitated to share the burden of their misfortune.

HAD TO DO IT AGAI IN CAPS...

I DON'T SEE WHAT MAKES THE KKK 'STUNT', AS YOU CALL IT, WORSE THEN YOUR NAZI RIDING A JEW INTO THE OVEN PIC. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE TO IT IS, THAT FEW MUPPETS ON THIS FORUM USED THE KKK STUNT AS A WEAPON AGAINST THE VENUE, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO, NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE SO INSULTED BY IT. WITH ALL THEIR TWISTED MORALS, HOW COME THEY DIDNT FIND YOUR PIC OFFENSIVE? SO I CALL TO ALL MUPPETS ON THIS FORUM "GO AND FUCK YOURSELVES WITH ALL THAT YOU PRETEND TO STAND FOR!!!!" MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR POST AND HOW THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR PROMOTION COMPANY H. CRUISCIN HAS SUPPORTED WINTERFEST ORGANIZERS THE WHOLE WAY AND ALWAYS WILL AND HASN'T EVER HESITATED TO SHARE THE BURDEN OF THEIR MISFORTUNE.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT BANDS WILL BE AFFECTED BY WHAT HAPPENED - PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR SELF, COS I DONT SEE HOW AND WHY IT SHOULD

TO ALL THE WISE MEN HERE WHO ARE BOTHERED BY CAPS LOCK AND GRAMMAR...BE THAT KIND AND KEEP OUT OF THIS THREAD, AS YOUR PATHETIC COMMENTS ARE OF NO IMPORTANCE, OF NO INTEREST AND ONLY BRING SHAME ONTO YOURSELVES

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 am 

are you Natasilah666 by any chance? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 am 

Last edited by Byron on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:07 am 

streamovtorment wrote:

ok. it's very simple. some bands don't want to be associated with the KKK. it's that simple, and they don't want to play in a venue that seems to openly support the KKK.

NOW, I am not saying that the cruiscin does that, I know there are no KKK flags adorning the bar, Klan rallies are a rarity. I know Kieran, he's a nice chap. I have been to loads of gigs there, and organised loads of gigs there. Never had a problem.

But if your only impression of the Cruiscin is gleaned from hearing that KKK outfits are all the rage, then you will have a different idea. Not a balanced idea. But that's the only information you have. If, say, you're from Germany, and have been booked to play at a festival there, and you hear that some guy did a KKK dance at a show and everyone thought it was great fun, including the venue owner, I can see how you'd be a bit cautious. If I was playing a show in Germany and heard that the venue was known for its racist clientele i'd think hard about pulling the show. Certainly I would get on to the organisers of the show and ask what the story is, and make it clear that I won't be associated with what went on.

This is what has happened. It's not hypothetical, I'm not getting on my moral high horse. I have booked flights for a band who are now threatening to cancel their appearance, leaving me 1200 quid in the hole.

So all those people who think either A) "it's all a hilarious joke, what the fuck is the problem you sad cunts"; or B) "well i wouldn't do it myself, but you're all a bunch of PC wankers who need to get a life"; or C) "I don't see why this should affect bands at all" need to wake the fuck up and realise that

A) It DOES affect bands, whether you think they're PC wankers or not, and that affects promoters, and that affects YOU, through less shows: we lost money last year at Winterfest, through our own efforts, if we lose again there won't be a Winterfest 2010.

B) you don't have to be a PC wanker to reject racism. I have no time for PC culture, it has stymied debate on many topics in this country, and is the frequent retreat of last resort of people who can't bear uncomfortable truths. However I also have no time for racism, and a KKK outfit is racist by definition. EVEN if it's a joke, it's still racist.

and

C) the actions of any one of us can have consequences far beyond what we originally intended. If that sounds corny, too bad. It would be a bit over the top to say "the world is watching", but people notice what goes on. If you don't think so, consider this: Winterfest started off with all irish bands. after three years we had Amon Amarth. We dlidn't get them by asking nicely, we got them by establishing a reputation over time and getting constant good feedback from bands / labels / agencies. Our actions were noticed. The same people also notice bad publicity. Even when it's "only" a local show (no disrespect to AI, Putrefy, etc) and a thread on Metalireland. The evidence is in my inbox. People do notice things and they react.

We may yet have to insist on a "no KKK or Nazi outfits" rule at Winterfest. Retarded? Yes. Been a problem before? No. But if that's what it takes to keep bands coming here then that's what we're looking at. It's not about whether the Cruiscin is actually a hotbed of redneck nazi scum. it's about reputation.

So if you still think that this is all a bunch of pansies taking things out of context and making a big deal out of a joke, then I hope I have cleared that up for you.

/rant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 am 

Paul keohane wrote:
are you Natasilah666 by any chance? :)

natasliah is well able to speak for himself. i speak my own mind. i know much about his work and admire what he's doing. it makes me sick and yes - it makes me angry too ,when i see bunch of little assholes, who spend most of their lives writing shit on internet, making judgements on his work and charakter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:22 am 

sorry to hear you could be 1200 in the shit,i hope the band in question got an explaination that it was a stupid stunt and is not the norm in cork.If they still dont want to play tell them go fuck themselves.Id be a shit promotor :)

Page: Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next