Back
  Putrefy/Abaddon Incarnate+2 Cork 10 July - Sentinel Stall

Page: Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:30 am 

Paul keohane wrote:
sorry to hear you could be 1200 in the shit,i hope the band in question got an explaination that it was a stupid stunt and is not the norm in cork.If they still dont want to play tell them go fuck themselves.Id be a shit promotor :)

:) well, you'd be a broke promoter, Paul, since if i tell them to go fuck themselves i've managed to insult them and their label and their booking agency AND i'm still 1200 down... and now i'm practically guaranteed to never get them or any of their label mates ever again. Yes, guarantees blah blah have been given, but some people on here seem to think that everything happens in a vacuum and nothing has consequences. It would be slightly easier to take if I knew who it was.

As it is, someone hiding in anonymity is causing me financial headaches, and half the people on here seem to think I should just take it like a man, sure wasn't it hilarious ha ha ha sure what's racist about the KKK?...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 am 

Cthol wrote:
streamovtorment wrote:

I have booked flights for a band who are now threatening to cancel their appearance

/rant

suggest the band to contact the venue. business can't be made through internet forums

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:00 am 

Cthol wrote:
It would be slightly easier to take if I knew who it was.

still wouldnt get your 1200 back

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:03 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:38 am 

I.M.P. wrote:

i think i've got better one

Image[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:51 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 am 

Cthol, just in case some of your points were directed at my posts, rest assured that I realise you and anyone else with a gig booked in the Cruiscin in the near future has every right to be worried, what with talk on here of boycotting the place, etc. (anyone who'd boycott a venue for such a trivial reason most likely wouldn't have gone to the 'boycotted' gig anyway, and is just seeking an excuse). I'd be genuinely pissed off too if I was in your position.

However, one cretin in an outfit isn't totally the cause at all - more so the people that raised the issue as something unacceptable.

Not to mention the retard who made that sensationalist post on that other forum.

Of course, Natasliah's posts haven't helped matters, but that's a discussion for another time. Neither has the fact that the person involved hasn't addressed the issue. I think anyone that follows threads on here about gigs in Cork might have the same suspicion about who it might be as I have (Quirkey :P ).

I wouldn't even be discussing this, apart from the fact that I think the Cruiscin is up there with the best venues of its size in the country, and the Cork scene really would suffer if it wasn't for it. Those trying to stir shit should keep this in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 am 

Image[/img][/quote]

WHERE JA DIG THAT UP :?: :lol:

NO MORE BULLSHIT

I AM NOT A RACIST :!:
I FIND IT SAD THAT PEOPLE THAT KNOW SHIT ABOUT ME,DON'T KNOW THIS..
I HAD TO SEE WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES WOULD SAY ABOUT ME SO I LEFT THIS RIDE FOR A FEW DAYS.
EACH QUESTION YOU ASKED ME I ANSWERED IN THE SAME SARCASTIC MANNER IN WHICH IT WAS PRESENTED.

PLEASE GO TO MAIN FORUM TO READ AN CRUISCIN LAN'S STATEMENT REGARDING THIS ISSUE AND COMMENT AS YOU WILL

I AND EVERY PROMOTER/VENUE WOULD PREFFER IF YOU DIRECTED YOUR COMMENTS THERE AND LEFT THIS SPACE OPENED FOR PROMOTERS/BANDS WITH UPCOMING GIGS THAT NEED TO ADVERTISE HERE

ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO MAKE FUN OF MY SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, LITTERAL SKILLS, PLEASE START A POST OF YOUR OWN AND STOP WASTING EVERYBODY'S TIME WITH YOUR MEDIOCRE COMMENTS

I RUN THE MOST MULTICULTURAL VENUE IN IRELAND AND IF ANYBODY WANTS TO QUESTION OR SLANDER ME FOR BEING RACIST, PLEASE CONTACT ME PERSONALY VIA WWW.CRUICINLIVE.COM AND HAVE YOUR SOLICITOR PREPARED TO MAKE THIS ACCUSATIONS ON YOUR BEHALF

LOVE
NATASLIAH666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:14 am 

H wrote:
Quote:
T IS QUITE VAIN OF YOU TO THINK IT WAS ALL ABOUT YOU..

I never said I thought it was all about me but a part of it was, quite obviously, so therefore I responded.

THIS PART IS ALL ABOUT YOU ANYWAY MAN
http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34564

YOUR FRIEND

NATASLIAH666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:49 am 

H wrote:
Quote:
Joke or no joke dressing up as in a kkk outfit just aint cool. Harp on all you want about offensive metal lyrics playing any sort of racism card can haunt a promoter, venue, band scene etc. If somebody puy on a hitler outfit or mimicked a paedophile wouldit stil be a joke.

I guess DME is fucked then:

DUBLIN NAZI METAL PROMOTER WHO GOES BY THE NAME OF H (WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT 'H' STANDS FOR JUDGING BY THE PICTURE ABOVE IN WHICH HE IS FEATURED) FORCES RACIST BANDS ON IRISH AUDIANCES. TAAKE KNOWN FOR SVASTIKA ANTICS AND NOW PROMOTING A BAND IN DUBLIN CALLED W.A.S.P, WHITE ANGLO-SAXON PROTESTANTS. THIS FASCIST HAS THREATENED LOCAL CORK PROMOTERS WITH VIOLENCE. DO WE IGNOR THIS MONSTER OR TAKE HIM INTO OUR MIDST?
http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewt ... ht=dr+rock
EDITING IS GREAT. IMAGINE IF THIS HIT THE PRESS/MEDIA

NATASLIAH666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 am 

Actually, not worth it. I'm not going to explain myself to anyone on here - anyone that knows me knows the truth. Beyond that, I don't care. That was a party with friends and nobody was offended by it so what the odd person on here or otherwise thinks doesn't bother me. If I was like that, I wouldn't dress up like that and certainly wouldn't put the pic up here as a joke.

Natasliah, no problem, such bands won't be forced upon your venue again.

I should never have gotten involved in this because it seems I can never have an opinion on here without it being related to DME by some of you.

Last edited by H on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:22 am 

streamovtorment wrote:
Cthol wrote:
streamovtorment wrote:

I have booked flights for a band who are now threatening to cancel their appearance

/rant

suggest the band to contact the venue. business can't be made through internet forums

i assume the band isn't from ireland so. i find it surprising that they heard already about what's going on on this forum. did somebody tell them? i am pretty sure that this thread hasnt become an international hit yet :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:42 am 

H wrote:
Actually, not worth it. I'm not going to explain myself to anyone on here - anyone that knows me knows the truth. Beyond that, I don't care. That was a party with friends and nobody was offended by it so what the odd person on here or otherwise thinks doesn't bother me. If I was like that, I wouldn't dress up like that and certainly wouldn't put the pic up here as a joke.

I should never have gotten involved in this because it seems I can never have an opinion on here without it being related to DME by some of you.

i see the same problem in natasliah being related to cruiscin. make a judgement and expect to be judged

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:53 am 

H wrote:

4 EDITS IN 10min
NOW THERES A MAN THAT KNOWS WHAT HES TALKIN ABOUT :roll:

NAZI DUBS FUCK OFF

NATASLIAH666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:54 am 

Fine, judge me then. I honestly don't care, mate. I, and the people that actually know me, are what matter to me.

I stand by my original point that the initial stunt was maybe ill advised but not the crime it's being made out to be. It doesn't offend or outrage me simply because I don't care or take that crap seriously, just as me wearing that outfit was a fancy dress joke. If other people see it differently, so be it.

I also stand by my opinion that Natasliah made it worse....he should have just towed a party line and apologised ala the main forum post, in the first place. But, hey, it's his venue and his problem so makes no difference to me at the end of the day.

The bullshit of mentioning Taake etc to me is ridiculous though - I book bands based on thinking they might do well, be that Hammerfall, Taake, Nightwish, Gorgoroth or whoever. Booking a band, be they the gayest power metal or supposedly nazi black metal, does not align me with the bloody band. It's a business.

Last edited by H on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page: Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next