Back
  Creations Tears
    
Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
5077
Location:
Land of Mystery
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 am 

Has anyone shown this thread to yet man out of paradise lost or SJP? Lawl


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2007
Posts:
1619
Location:
Phortach i gConnemara
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:18 am 

Listened to them once and I think I remember liking it. It may have been a thread here.
Ads, social networks and friendbots makes it all a bit tacky, and I haven't checked them out again as a result. Some tend to underestimate the power of t'interweb and MI in underground metal/hardcore on this island.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
4117
Location:
Bonn
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am 

Aye, whatever about any of the rest of it, 'Methods To End It All' is not a bad album, and that's the be all and end all of it for me.

On a side note, I have to say I find it a little blinkered of the more technically minded on here to assume that just because they know all about IP addresses and all that shite, that everyone else does too. I post from home and from work, and in both cases can only assume that anyone with the know-how to look up where my posts come from will find that it's Germany. I have absolutely no idea, however, and it could tell you I'm posting from Botswana for all I know. Maybe the university even has its reasons for choosing an anonymous IP address. I did once try to use a software to give myself an Irish IP address so I could watch RTE online, but failed miserably, probably mainly because I couldn't make head nor tail of the instructions and it wasn't worth it to me to try and figure it all out. Anyway techies, there are still people out there who know fuck all about the internal workings of the internet and - shocking this, I know - couldn't actually care less as long as their email works and their credit card info is safe.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Sep 2005
Posts:
1588
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm 

To be honest when I read the original post by "Claire28", I thought it was a wind-up from somebody else, knowing well that people would flame the shite out of it! I mean, surely there's no way that Eddie is actually that deluded that he'd write a post like that and expect people to take it seriously!?

Maybe the IP masking was for the benefit of a regular member here :?:

That whole copying from MS Word doesn't help his case though :lol:

And where is Claire28? Shouldn't she be defending her undying love for the band?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
7721
Location:
The Great Pit of Carkoon
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm 

Eddie, please log into the Claire28 account so you can reply to your pm.

Then let us know what you said to yourself.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jul 2009
Posts:
1806
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm 

xspudx wrote:
And where is Claire28? Shouldn't she be defending her undying love for the band?


No, Eddie told himself not to respond.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Nov 2005
Posts:
1096
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm 

this has been epic folks...David Thorne's email trails pale compared to this......now back to reading it again....

I'd say David Vincent was saved by this thread...he wouldn't have gotten away with the hand towel shenanigans otherwise.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jul 2009
Posts:
1433
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:01 pm 

Quote:
No, Eddie told himself not to respond.


:lol:


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Oct 2005
Posts:
2450
Location:
Mortuary Draperstown
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 pm 

Fuckin' hell this is unbelievable! I have way too much work to be at today to be reading this. For the love of god Eddie please stop posting! :lol:


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2005
Posts:
1600
Location:
belfast
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 pm 

Eddie, you quoted me twice man, the same thing, so I must have royally fucked you off. Didn't mean to annoy you that bad, I was just saying my piece in relations to the subject!

And yeah you might think I'm talking crap man, but seriously any time the bands name crept up on the forum or facebook or whatever I turned the other way. I was being honest, the rep you created for the band was and is very 'we are the best etc, stand up and recognise', I'm just saying like... it's all a bit gung-ho and over powering, and fair enough you say, 'however you promote your band is up to you' that's very true, but promotion shouldn't make me avoid your shows, so something isn't right.

Take it or leave it man, I'm not looking a fight, sorry I've pissed you off.

Good luck.

* edited due to typo*


Last edited by curriemonster on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
422
Location:
Amongst the Vaginal Detritus
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 pm 

:lol: What an entertaining thread.

and "Methods To End It All" The title is now apt


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2011
Posts:
40
Location:
Where Celtic Frost failed, I will succeed!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm 

JK scav dyslucsic wrote:
:lol: What an entertaining thread.

and "Methods To End It All" The title is now apt

I was just thinking that myself, how apt! However, it's a pity as the few tracks I'd heard of that album were pretty good. The guy obviously has immense passion for what he is doing, but may have went a tad overboard with the self-promotion...


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm 

Dark Stranger wrote:
eddieapathy wrote:
Your impartial moderator Padre Pio, decides to delete 2 pages of the Attitude nonsense so the Creation’s Tears bashing can continue:

Padre Pio wrote:
Boo to all the fake Attitudes for ruining a good thread.

Let's get back on topic.


I was the one who deleted the Attitude spam posts at Ciaran's request. I left in the Padre's comment as it was relevant to those wondering where the posts had went.

A note on moderation - when the mods are dealing with obvious trolling and spambots, we're moderators. When we're expressing opinions and joining in discussions, we're regular users of the forum. So Barry was well within his rights to call bullshit on the whole thing, just because he's a mod doesn't mean he can't use the forum.


Yes but being a mod he had the advantage of knowing the IP address so you can't say when he called bullshit on the whole thing he was just like a standard poster.


Top
   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jan 2009
Posts:
1258
Location:
Where Humans Dwell
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 pm 

eddieapathy wrote:

but I like to think of myself as an honest "cunt".



You make a fake account pretending to be a fan boasting about your band. You wrote reviews for your own band "Apathy" and pretend that it came from other sources? You also wrote your own Wikipedia page? It's blatantly obvious that you did these things and yet you would call yourself an 'Honest "Cunt"' by denying them. You are fooling yourself. Do you know what honesty is?

eddieapathy wrote:

I have been around for long enough to not give a shit what people think of me



Again you are fooling yourself. Did you know that the best way to show that you don't give a shit is to not not react, say nothing and let it go. The fact that you keep on posting and posting shows that you DO indeed care about what people think. It appears you are making blatant attempts at persuading users of this forum that you are right and they are wrong. Therefore, you do GIVE a shit.

I would suggest either you go to therapy to sort your head out or don't go to therapy at all and we'll continue to laugh at you and continue making fun of you.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jan 2009
Posts:
2882
Location:
Castlebar/Galway
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm 

Bane wrote:
Just one another thing to note. claire28's original post was written first in Microsoft Word, then copy & pasted into a new thread. I can tell this because of the way Microsoft Word handles apostrophes.

When you copy & paste text from MS Word into a HTML textbox, it displays apostrophes as ’

Normally, when you enter text directly into a HTML textbox, it displays them as '

A subtle difference but I tend to notice these things. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because Eddie's essay a few pages back was also written in MS Word and copy & pasted into a HTML textbox. So was the band bio on the Creation's Tears Web site and so forth.

It's not uncommon for Web site copy or press releases to be written first in a word processor and then posted online, but it is uncommon for posts on an Internet forum to be written this way.

So when both claire28 and Eddie seem to be the only people who have posted in this particular way in the last 48 hours, well... another coincidence I'm sure you will all agree.


Image

EDIT: Damn, somebody beat me to it haha


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next