Back
  PRO-PAIN in Fibber Magees 3rd of May

Page: Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:46 pm 

Janer Punk wrote:
You cave in quicker then Rovers holding a 2-0 lead. :roll:

i had too, i was caught out lovely

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 pm 

Surely if Fibbers are prepared to allow promoters put on gigs there, then the fee paid should ensure that the whole area is to be used exclusively for the gig, and the actual bar would be used as any bar at a gig would be used; for the people attending the show. It just doesn't work to have people strolling in and saying that they just want a pint, that would'nt happen in any other gig venue.

It's just greed on their part I guess, not willing to allow exclusive use of the bar to the gig attendees, when they know they might get a few extra people drinking if they keep the option of the bar open.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:51 pm 

Sam_Totman wrote:
Surely if Fibbers are prepared to allow promoters put on gigs there, then the fee paid should ensure that the whole area is to be used exclusively for the gig, and the actual bar would be used as any bar at a gig would be used; for the people attending the show. It just doesn't work to have people strolling in and saying that they just want a pint, that would'nt happen in any other gig venue.

It's just greed on their part I guess, not willing to allow exclusive use of the bar to the gig attendees, when they know they might get a few extra people drinking if they keep the option of the bar open.

I su7ppose from their POV that they're thinking of their regulars who drink their 4-5 times a week, not saying that it's ideal but I can see both sides.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 pm 

Janer Punk wrote:
Sam_Totman wrote:

I su7ppose from their POV that they're thinking of their regulars who drink their 4-5 times a week, not saying that it's ideal but I can see both sides.

Well yeah, and it also means that if the gig is a failure and only 20 people turn up, then they still have the possibilty to make a bit of money from people who weren't attending the gig.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:14 pm 

see the thing is...it's not the sneaking into a gig in fibbers that makes you a fucking sap, it's the fact that you'd go there to drink in the first place. the only acceptable excuse to step foot in that decrepit bro-hole is to see a band that you couldn't see elsewhere. it's a shitty dive and all of its regular clientèle are ugly, stinking mongoloids.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 pm 

Robbo wrote:
see the thing is...it's not the sneaking into a gig in fibbers that makes you a fucking sap, it's the fact that you'd go there to drink in the first place. the only acceptable excuse to step foot in that decrepit bro-hole is to see a band that you couldn't see elsewhere. it's a shitty dive and all of its regular clientèle are ugly, stinking mongoloids.

:lol:
Good point.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm 

That's actually the thing I've been wondering about. Why in the name of Satan would anyone choose that hole to go to if it's just for a drink? If you're there cos you want to see a band you like I can understand it but to use it as just a pub....you'd need your fucking head examined!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 pm 

It's fine for 16 year mongos who like the smell of piss but how any adult can choose somewhere like that over, say, Fibbers 2... the mind genuinely boggles. It sickens me to the core when I have to set foot inside it for a gig.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm 

Yeah, makes me think to myself 'have I not moved on in my life at all since I was 15 falling around this place?', especially when it hasn't been cleaned since then either.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:53 pm 

Some people don't fuckin sell out!
\m/

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:54 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:06 am 

Couldn't enjoy this thread enough:)
One day Fibbers goes up in flames and we'll be dancing on smelly remains.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:09 am 

Quote:
That's actually the thing I've been wondering about. Why in the name of Satan would anyone choose that hole to go to if it's just for a drink? If you're there cos you want to see a band you like I can understand it but to use it as just a pub....you'd need your fucking head examined!!!

Ill put my hands up - i went on purpose before EYEHATEGOD for a pint - dont know any other bars apart from bruxelles and it was too far away. Must get directions to some others.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:25 am 

I quit goin there for "just a drink" a long time ago, though ive been dragged in a few times on a thursday night and fuck me its full of morons. If im in town and want to go to a metal bar for a drink ill head up to Fibbers Rock bar, really enjoying that place at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 am 

The place is a kip. I don't give a shit if it has cheap drinks on a Thursday, a band I like on in there or my mates are in for a session. It's simply a shit pub and venue.

You all know this, yet probably still go there. The fact that people sneak in there, or went in there early to drink out the back all night is pathetic.

Page: Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next