Back
  PRO-PAIN in Fibber Magees 3rd of May

Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:27 am 

Bane wrote:
It's fine for 16 year mongos who like the smell of piss but how any adult can choose somewhere like that over, say, Fibbers 2... the mind genuinely boggles. It sickens me to the core when I have to set foot inside it for a gig.

True, I know now, but I am not from Dublin and fibbers is described as "mekka" of metal in Dublin..I guess, this thread should be out before I put gig there :P But at least its out here and I got lesson myself, hehe

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:34 am 

I remember seeing Suffocation there a while back. Only reason I was there. Did they get any shit off the in house sound engineer that day?. Judging by the amazing sound they got I'm thinking they didn't. Promoter must have been shitting himself though but, everything worked out in the end.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:46 am 

The Suffocation situation was different. It was there only because of Voodoo shutting down and no other option. So I was glad of the place and Fibbers were very accommodating as they saw it as a way to get more of my shows. Any hassles on the day, Suffo understood as it was this or no show.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:43 pm 

jedifart wrote:
dawals wrote:
jedifart wrote:
dawals wrote:
The Pint is a great alternative to Fibbers. Separate gig venue from main bar, great view from anywhere inside, €4 pints all night, no smell etc etc.

But the ceiling has piss dribbling from it.

It's definately a place I intend to use in the future. I only ever used Fibbers as there haven't been any alternatives.

Doesn't matter about the piss Fart as it's 2 floors below. If it was the ceiling of the gig venue I'd be more worried :lol:

The night of the Gama Bomb gig, there was a bucket back near the stall to catch the piss.

it was water from upstairs, not piss.And I assure you that was a one off.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
it was water from upstairs, not piss.And I assure you that was a one off.
:lol:
I partly guessed that it was.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm 

You're getting The Pint mixed up with Scobes' Beaumount kitchen! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:00 pm 

Bane wrote:
You're getting The Pint mixed up with Scobes' Beaumount kitchen! :lol:

It brought back some memories alright!

He should feel at home behind the stall at Lord Vicar.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:38 am 

JK scav dyslucsic wrote:

What the fuck is that???? lol

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:44 pm 

Sneaky Sneaky, hehe

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_Mr ... ds_006.jpg

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:20 pm 

I find it hard to see how there'd be arguements on the night between sound engineers. Any time i book a touring band there JC always asks if they are bringing an engineer. He makes it clear it is all his gear. Desk, monitors, lights etc were all bought by him, when they get damaged it's not Fibbers that have to splash out.

The management is a load of bollocks, they don't care about gigs, bands or promoters, just how much money they can get behind the bar.

It's a kip of a place to go and drink in and the last place you'd go on the drink promo nights, full of twats, but for a gig I find it grand.

I can see how it's not suitable for some of the bigger bands H and Fart bring over here but it's really handy for local bands or bands with less demands.

I thought the Voodoo was good craic and all, beer garden, back stage area etc... but the sound was nearly always shite and the pillar in the middle of the floor was a pain in the arse unless you were near the front. Every venue has it's bad points.

It's a disgrace that people sneak in though (also ridiculous on the venues part that this can happen), I remember asking a guy in a suffocation t-shirt at desecration for 8euro and he said he wasn't there for the gig. He just happened to be there on a night 6 Death Metal bands were playing.

I've seen plenty of people sneaking into gigs i've put on, people in bands that then ask if i'd put them on a gig, other promoters etc... I don't understand it. I've paid in to plenty of gigs i wasn't interested in if i was just going to hang out with mates.

To the guy named "circle pit" wondering what a bro dude was, cheers, I lol'd!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:13 pm 

Sneaking in is shameful really, and this shit about im not paying to see a band that I don't know wreck my tits.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:31 pm 

What with all the Fibbers hating, yo? It's the best place in town to pick up underage fat goths and date rape them in the jacks.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:40 pm 

Eoin McLove wrote:
What with all the Fibbers hating, yo? It's the best place in town to pick up underage fat goths and date rape them in the jacks.

To be honest, I have only ever been in Fibber's once, and that was after myself and a load of mates were dragged there after the Converge gig back in '08. I didn't like the place at all, and despite drinks being fairly cheap, it tasted of pish drawn from the kecks of a fucktard. And the crowd in the place... christ... the crowd; I remember standing at the bar waiting to get served and saw some lad younger than myself wearing a converge T-Shirt. I asked him what he thought of the gig that night, and he stared at me blankly and asked what I was on about, and who were Converge. He was being deadly serious... he was wearing a Converge t-shirt and didn't know who they were and that they were playing in Dublin earlier that evening.

In all fairness, we should have stayed in the Voodoo Lounge, however we were from Belfast and didn't know the bar.

Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next