Back
  My threads...

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:34 pm 

... can someone explain why they are being systematically deleted? Although they may seem flippant on the surface I invariably include some substance beyond the obvious which either the mods don't see or else don't care about. PLUS it had been said that threads would no longer be deleted without an explanation, something else one of the mods must have missed.

The Katie Price interview thread was just a funny way of introducing a link to a web magazine with lots of great interviews including one with Cronos (clearly stated in the first post) - pretty fucking metal I would have thought. ( http://thequietus.com/articles/03544-fo ... of-a-genre )

The random Era Vulgaris merchandise thread included a question about other bands possibly having found unlicensed merchandise of theirs for sale - I could well imagine that this already happens to others if we, being practically unknown, have had it occur to us.

And there were others beforehand too - which ever of the mods hasn't been told to lock threads AND give an explanation for the discussed and agreed upon reason of maintaining transparency and common sense in avoiding threads just like this one popping up asking for said explanations after the fact - please do so now. If members are to follow rules it would be nice if the mods had some sort of set policy that was known too because once again there are any number of idiotic threads still open that can be pointed to as "where's the fucking logic in that?" evidence.

Go raibh maith agaibh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 pm 

It's a conspiracy. Shhh lads, don't tell him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 pm 

That explains why I cannot sleep at night then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 pm 

That's what the day is for anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:45 pm 

Threads get deleted every week.

CT posted a thread a few days ago looking for somebody's number which read "can I has plz. thx". I posted a reply saying that "txt spk" isn't allowed and he should issue himself a warning. I included a lovely little :wink: to show that my post was in jest.

And *poof* the thread disappeared.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 pm 

Era VulgaChris wrote:

What was that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 pm 

xspudx wrote:
Threads get deleted every week.

CT posted a thread a few days ago looking for somebody's number which read "can I has plz. thx". I posted a reply saying that "txt spk" isn't allowed and he should issue himself a warning. I included a lovely little :wink: to show that my post was in jest.

And *poof* the thread disappeared.

Or that thread could have been deleted because i rang him and therefore he didnt need the thread being on the page and having people send him my number anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:55 pm 

Another mystery solved...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 pm 

Next mystery is why the hell anyone would want Corey's number...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:06 pm 

dawals wrote:
Era VulgaChris wrote:

What was that?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 pm 

Hey Chris, it was me who deleted the Katie Price thread. The thread was bullshit. If you wanted to introduce a link to a web magazine with lots of great interviews including one with Cronos, you would have started with a remotely relevant one (the Cronos interview perhaps?) and posted it in the main forum. But no, you opted to be "funny" and post up the one interview that was more suited as a Facebook update. Your loss. It states clearly in the Rules of the forum that "Stupid, vacuous or childish threads will be deleted without explanation or apology".

Quote:
which ever of the mods hasn't been told to lock threads AND give an explanation for the discussed and agreed upon reason of maintaining transparency and common sense in avoiding threads just like this one popping up asking for said explanations after the fact - please do so now

I must have missed that memo. I haven't been given any new instructions about how to moderate the forum. You're constantly whining and moaning about the way this place is moderated. It's a fucking discussion forum - would you please get a life? There's no staff handbook for moderators, no HR department for members to lodge a complaint with, no organisational policies or codes of conduct. Just a bunch of Internet forums that people post in and a handful of moderators that try and keep them ticking over. There are no regimented policies on what moderators should or should not do. No use case diagrams or any of that malarkey. We make judgement calls. They might not be the best ones 100% of the time, but hey, we're human, and we have people like you with too much time on their hands to remind us of our folly.

Only, in my case at least, there was no folly. You posted up a thread where the only link in it was to an interview about Katie Price answer questions about her modelling career and Peter fucking Andre. But wait, she gave her opinion on a Slayer song too, that must have some relevance?? I also mentioned that there's an Interview with Cronos somewhere on the site. That would warrant it staying open, right??

Wrong. I deleted it. Now would you ever just take a step outside onto the streets of Dublin/ London/ Paris/ wherever the fuck you are now, find the nearest pub, order a beer and wind yer bleedin' neck in!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm 

dawals wrote:
Era VulgaChris wrote:

What was that?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm 

Gettin' sick of refreshing the page, i'm goin for a dump now and you better have a long winded reply when I get back. kthksbye :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm 

Bane wrote:
Wrong. I deleted it. Now would you ever just take a step outside onto the streets of Dublin/ London/ Paris/ wherever the fuck you are now, find the nearest pub, order a beer and wind yer bleedin' neck in!

The only time I complain about how this place is moderated is when it is badly moderated - moderated in a way which lacks any sense. When threads get deleted or locked without an explanation there are always consequent threads asking why. What is the easy solution? Not to delete but to lock and give a one sentence explanation. I don't care about the threads themselves but as far as whining goes it is other members who whine about the results of bad moderation. Seriously, you moderate like a puffed-up bouncer flexing his inch of power (insert tiny cock joke). The reason I asked about this is that this was the third time (notice I said nothing the other times) and on a purely sensible level deletion of threads is THE WORST way to moderate. You lock them with an explanation and they sink to nothingness. So simple. Nothing to do with winding my neck-in, as I said, I don't care about the threads - this is only a discussion forum as you said, I do have a real life here... in Paris. And maybe I will go get a pint, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by Era VulgaChris on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 pm 

I'm shocked that this even apparently matters.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next