Back
  Lifeless crowds and metal ambassadors

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 am 

I was going to post in the gig discussion section but this thread isn’t just about me giving a local band the thumbs up, rather some of the questions I want to ask about local audiences really should be addressed on the main forum.

I’m still reeling from the Creation’s Tears gig at The Limelight on Saturday night. I’ve never felt prompted to subscribe to this forum before but after witnessing an absolutely first-rate local performance on Saturday night, I felt that the band deserved to be credited and the scene deserved to hear about it as it would appear nobody is aware of this band.

Every aspect of the Creation’s Tears performance from image, singing to sound was unimpaired and I personally evaluate this as the best gig I have ever seen in The Limelight or in Belfast even when compared to the big bands that have played there. They even managed to do an acoustic song which blew me away. The band didn’t stand still for a second either and I’d expect that the stage had to be mopped owing the amount of sweat these guys lost. A high energy performance worthy of the attention of any audience or on any stage at any level and all from a band I’d never heard of until I saw a poster on Saturday.

I downloaded the album this morning (legally) and again this band deliver on an extremely high level. I don’t know anything about recording but this sounds very professional and probably as good as any major release. When I read the band’s website I found that they have the guy from Paradise Lost playing drums and Sarah Jezebel Diva singing and then I wondered how I’ve managed to miss this band until now. Diva wasn’t at the gig.

I saw a few cameras and I think I saw video cameras. Does anybody have any photos or video from the gig? Were any of you lot at the gig? What did you think of it?

What I’d like to know is why a band of this guage who (I think) are from Belfast only had a crowd of around 100 people at a Belfast gig? How has the Creation’s Tears album done sales wise here? Also, the crowd seemed lifeless in a city which used to be reputed for having crazy audiences. Is it because this is a local band so they don’t get the same reaction as an international band even when they’re delivering such a first-rate show? Is it because it was early in the evening so nobody was pissed enough yet? I noticed the place got busier after the support bands so I assume Creation’s Tears were the draw which makes the crowd reaction confusing? I spoke to one of the support band guys who told me that Creation’s Tears have been very supportive in helping them with making contacts and answering questions. I’d hoped to congratulate Creation’s Tears personally after the gig but the bouncers chucked everyone out pronto. After scouring this forum, how can it be that there is little or no discussion about this band who could be great ambassadors for the Belfast metal scene? Does this attitude extend right through the local scene? Long post, but I’m curious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 am 

Personally , I don't like the vocals or that particular genre.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 am 

100 punters for a local band is very good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 am 

100 payers is respectable for this show. Get over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am 

Nothing wrong with a turn out of 100+ for a local band...I remember playing a gig up there in the Rosetta to 2 people Donal & Paddy Kelly!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am 

Someone please post up that infamous photo :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am 

claire28 wrote:
from a band I’d never heard of until I saw a poster on Saturday.

claire28 wrote:
only had a crowd of around 100 people at a Belfast gig?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 am 

Bane wrote:
100 punters for a local band is very good.

Eggsactly. Of all the things to boo-hoo about.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 am 

Thats more of a crowd that some international bands would and have gotten.

As for the crowd being lifeless, most people in Dublin at least just like to stand back, enjoy the music and have a few pints. It's something that comes up again and again here, which always boils down to each side blaming the other side for ruining their fun, by having fun in their own way.

"the crowd were shit, nobody was moshing!"

"those fucking clowns moshing ruined the night!"

I realize that type of carry on probably doesn't apply to this band, but you get my point.

Finally, not everyone whose into metal, comes near these forums and not everyone who does come here will post on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm 

Ye 100 people is decent enough crowd for a gig of that calibre.

Just had a listen to the band you're talkin about as I haven't heard of em before. I think it's more a case of the band clicking with you and your musical tastes as I for one, and I'd imagine the majority of people on this forum (a ridiculous guess but anyway) wouldn't have any interest in them. They're a gothic metal band?

It's cool that you were so blown away by a band you've never heard of, not often that would happen, so I'm envious, but for pretty much all the questions you asked I don't think its surprising considering the type of band.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm 

If i played a gig to 100 people i'd be fairly chuffed to be honest... average attendance at most gigs we play is about 20-30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm 

I'm of the opinion that this thread is a ploy by the band to promote themselves. Let's examine the evidence:

* claire28 is posting via an anonymous proxy. The IP in her first post traces to San Francisco and the IP in her second post traces to Gütersloh in Germany. Why post from an anonymous proxy unless you want to hide the location of where you're posting from?

* The thread title strikes me as strange. I would have figured a thread about Creations Tears would have the band name in the title. I reckon claire28 realises that the vast majority of people won't click into another thread about CT so "she" named it something that would grab peoples attention.

* The post reads like a band statement more than anything else.

Of course this is just MY opinion...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm 

If only more people would realise that the majority of the time, local gigs are actually better than a massive touring band's gigs...

...that's not to say that I dont want bands to tour and come over here (quite the opposite!) it's just that there seems to be a bias on the part of a certain crowd that couldnt give a fuck about anything that's not advertised in the classifeids of metal hammer/terrorizer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm 

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that this thread is a ploy by the band to promote themselves

Hehehe, to be fair, I was kinda thinking the same.

The amount of times the bands name is mentioned in the body of the text plus the added info about legal downloads and the COF lass and the lad from PL.

Whatever, I don't really care, but if it is some kind of ruse, then that's laughable.

Last edited by Crow on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm 

"Delivering such a first-rate show?"

Oh sweet fucking jesus. This thread is gonna be BRILLIANT.

:lol:

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next