Back
  DAMAGEFLAG

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 pm 

Hey folks, were new to the forum but basicly were a thrash metal band from Ireland that has a double package e.p and DVD coming out on the 15th of september. As a result we are booking an irish tour and have a few dates confirmed includening the "Rock the boat" metal fest in coalisland on the 25th of august. We do however need a few dates in belfast and dublin would be nice. We have played caven, enniskillen, cookstown, armagh, omagh, dungannon and limerick so please if any promoters would like to check us out contact us through...
www.facebook.com/damageflag
www.myspace.com/damageflag
or call... 07548672373

The double package e.p and DVD is free and anyone who wants it will be doing us a favour.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 pm 

do you have a link to the music lads? cant find anything on myspace or your facebook page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 pm 

Dimebag lives?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 am 

a dvd before you've toured? fuck off.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm 

Quote:
We have played caven, enniskillen, cookstown, armagh, omagh, dungannon and limerick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 pm 

Before I have listened to a note, just a few issues.

The link to facebook doesn't work and an email address would probably be more convenient than a mobile number.

After finding the page on facebook, the use of the 'Thrash or be thrashed" banner that one of you have plucked (stole) from a random deviantart might look professional but it's not your image to use.

On top of that, integrating the mentioned imagery into a promotional tool for your EP which is conveniently of the same name is also a very immature move. If your thinking of making that as your EP artwork, you would be wise to think again. I'd probably take that down as soon as possible just in case the German guy who made it decides to do an image search of his work.

There is no music, no photos, just a few terrible band photos, so I can't give much of an opinion there.

With all that said, someone seems to have offered you a gig in Fibbers, so maybe the world of metal doesn't need sensibly constructed bios or useful contact details.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm 

Funny, I started a discussion on this type of thread just the other week and I was pretty much laughed at. I think the stealing of the artwork here is the epitome of what I was talking about the other week. Don't get me started on the lack of music or crap bio.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 am 

Just found their page on fb,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DAMAGEFL ... 7963915997

I think you're getting the cart before the horse on this one lads. You've nothing to show us what you're like other than some bullshittery going on on your page(s). I mean if we had something to work on other than hearsay and conjecture (they're forms of evidence!), then you wouldn't get the harsh (but fair) replies you're getting here. Even some live footage or rough edits up on the plethora of band profile sites (soundcloud or bandcamp being the main two).

Also just noticed this...from their page...

Quote:
DAMAGEFLAG As of this current time we have absolutly nothing online until september 15th which is the release date of "Thrash or be Thrashed" but watch this space because after the e.p and DVD we have a bunch of cool T-shirts being made as we are in negotiations with a young and fantastic mystery artist who has some sick sketches. On the 15th of september all our music will be online via youtube, myspace etc... but until then thank you for your interest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 am 

First impressions are it sounds like a Damageplan tribute band

Which is a horrible thought

No point in posting on the board without any music lads, you're just opening yourselves up for ridicule

Dvd release? Of a new band no one has heard of before?
A bit like step 4 before step 1, 2 & 3....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 am 

Read some of the details on the dvd there. Interviews, live footage, behind the scenes and other cool shit! I'll translate that - half an hour of the lads acting the thick with hilarious footage showing what a mad bunch of cunts the lads are followed by a recording of a live performance at the local scout hall. Rock on lads.

Loving the photos too, the imagination stretches as far a taking the photos outside the rehearsal space.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:58 am 

Hey guys! Nice to see this is about networking and supporting metal music!

Oh wait your all snobby cunts! I was trying to promote my band like anyone would and i got attacked verbaly!

We have a record coming out on Punkerama records and a good few videos up on youtube of studio tracks and live videos!
We have played Dublin and Belfast so there is no need to be wanks! Im sorry Damageflag arnt musical business legends like those of u that kno everything!

For those of you who defended us thank you! :D have a listen to a track from our e.p and feel free to leave a comment!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxmGT4WBXQ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:07 am 

Here we go again. Another "Be nice to each other & support the scene thread"

Guys, no one is being snobby here, people went to the effort of checking out your first post only to find a bunch of boasts & hyperbole regarding the band, not a note of music was present. So the reaction is warranted.

Got your pm, thanks. I checked out the song there.

Some very good guitar work there, possibly wearing your influences on your sleeve too much but it's early days yet. Overall the track is not bad musically, unfortunately as is the case with a large percentage of Irish bands, the vocals let it down. Quite frankly they are monotonous and on the weak side, not what's needed for the type of music you play. Is constructive critique ok?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 am 

Oh dear........

"In the last while you guys have been amazing supporting Damageflag by checking out our shows, commenting on our page and checking our stuff on youtube! You facebook kids are the spirit of metal! \m/ We salute you! The reason we post this is due to a certain issue with a bunch of wankers that run a forum called "metal ireland" who when we told them of our good news with Punkerama and the e.p the
y absolutely attacked the shit out of us saying our page was crap, our music was crap etc etc... Damageflag as a result will not be using metal ireland forum again as it is run by a pack of retards! We would have no problem if it was just constructive critisiscm but it was flat out abuse! We do not appreciate comments like "Fuck off twats... go get cancer"so from now on Damageflag will be networking on facebook only until such a date that we can set up our own website! Thank you f.b supporters you are truly world class! And to metal ireland read these words carefully "You are posers! Damageflag fucks your mothers with cheese graters and light sabres!" ;-)"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:24 am 

Class! Another thread for the MI gold vault.

Edit: 122 people like this page :lol: :lol:

Some utterly cringeworthy use of the word "kids" too. Who do they think they are?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 am 

:lol:

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next