Back
  metal to outsiders
    
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
1741
Location:
everywhere
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 am 

was sitting round the forest on the vikings set last night talking about metal to 2 girls who know nothing about it. they were asking myself and 2 other lads loads of questions and of course "isnt it just a load of shouting you cant understand and lyrics about killing people?"
they were quite surprised about just how broad ranging it really is, how social and fun the scene is not just a load of hairy blokes that kick the shit out of eachother while theres a few pvc clad goth girls in the corner.

unfortunately one of the lads was a total tool and started waffling bout the early norway scene(getting every story and name completely wrong) cos he's "really into black metal and goth" wanted to hit him with the nearest rock as people like that are an embarrassment.was promtly told to shut the fuck up


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
4485
Location:
Space.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 am 

You get gimps in every walk of life. But then there's troo metal warriors like the one you speak of who end up making every metal fan get tarnished with the same brush by "outsiders".


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
3565
Location:
dublin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am 

cunt wrote:
unfortunately one of the lads was a total tool and started waffling bout the early norway scene(getting every story and name completely wrong) cos he's "really into black metal and goth" wanted to hit him with the nearest rock as people like that are an embarrassment.was promtly told to shut the fuck up


Jaysus, so you were out with Ancikrist last night?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2005
Posts:
8951
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 pm 

cunt wrote:
"a load of shouting you cant understand and lyrics about killing people?"... a load of hairy blokes that kick the shit out of eachother while theres a few pvc clad goth girls in the corner...


They pretty much had it right the first time in fairness.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2012
Posts:
100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm 

If they're that narrow minded about the whole thing in the first place maybe you should have saved you explanation for someone with a little more intelligence. World is full of idiots and I think you just the two extremes of ignorance right there.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2012
Posts:
1570
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 pm 

So did you get yer hole in the end off either of them Dan? Didn't think so


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
1741
Location:
everywhere
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm 

PaulC86 wrote:
If they're that narrow minded about the whole thing in the first place maybe you should have saved you explanation for someone with a little more intelligence. World is full of idiots and I think you just the two extremes of ignorance right there.


no thats the thing they werent narrowminded about it n genuinly interested to know more

karl im settled down n not whoring these days haha


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2005
Posts:
8951
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 pm 

PaulC86 wrote:
If they're that narrow minded about the whole thing in the first place maybe you should have saved you explanation for someone with a little more intelligence. .


I'm not entirely sure not being hugely knowledgeable about a musical subculture automatically marks one as being unintelligent to be fair.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2012
Posts:
100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
PaulC86 wrote:
If they're that narrow minded about the whole thing in the first place maybe you should have saved you explanation for someone with a little more intelligence. .


I'm not entirely sure not being hugely knowledgeable about a musical subculture automatically marks one as being unintelligent to be fair.


Yeah true got a bit carried away. Just hate people that make assumptions based on appearance. If I had a euro for every time I was asked I was a vegetarian because I have a beard and long hair i'd have enough money to build a crusty killing machine.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2011
Posts:
4703
Location:
Olympiazentrum Vorarlberg
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm 

Well... are you?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2005
Posts:
8951
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 pm 

PaulC86 wrote:
If I had a euro for every time I was asked I was a vegetarian because I have a beard and long hair i'd have enough money to build a crusty killing machine.


I can safely say I've never been asked that based on my appearance. Who are these weird people you keep running into?!


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2012
Posts:
100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 pm 

Are babies a vegetable?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
7291
Location:
Brizzbinn
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm 

edited for correctness..

PaulC86 wrote:
Just hate people that make assumptions based on appearance. If I had a euro for every time I was asked I was a vegetarian because I have a beard and long hair i'd have enough money to build a crusty killing machine.


why do you want to kill crusties, do you not like the look of them?


Last edited by DOOMSCHMOKER on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Aug 2005
Posts:
8951
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 pm 

you mixed up your quotes there. But seeing as it's been attributed to me anyway, I support the burning alive of crusties.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jan 2012
Posts:
100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm 

Yeah they're long hair and beards looks stupid!


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next