Back
  PhilFest FundIt

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 am 

The FundIt campaign and national tour shall be starting soon!
The fee shall be set to what is required in order to run this. The result is outside my control, but if people in the community pull together it will happen!
If not? This will still be going in 10 years time! I aint quitting! Why would I stop helping our own acts?
Trolls commence your reign of self misery!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:41 am 

Have nothing of value to post here but just going to note that this is your 13th post on this site. I hope you are not superstitious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:51 am 

FundIt is set to Finish on April 1st. 13th post, April fools day! Jinxing the bad luck....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:28 am 

I thought you were done with this site/the Irish Metal scene in general Phil?

Being serious for a moment though, if you are actually all about helping Irish bands I'd say this is hardly the best way. Even if you don't go overboard with 150 bands this time the end result is still going to be this; a couple of hundred people from various parts of Ireland going to a field in Leitrim to watch some of their mates' bands, and maybe checking out some bands from other bits of the country. Then the bands will go home, more than likely having paid out of their own pocket of the privilege of getting lost in the shuffle, and at most will have sold a couple of shirts and found someone in another county to do a gig-swap with. All stuff they could do at home with a bit of persistence on Facebook.

If you want to help any of them get any sort of significant gain in fanbase then pick 3 or 4 you really like and book them a tour of Britain or continental Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:34 am 

I've already gotten 2 friends a support with Arnocorps as I promoted that gig. Bands I have booked have been sent to record labels among other things. You fail to see the fareaching of this project. Some may dislike me, but I've got some big respect by bigger names that know how failure and success is achieved! They see the bigger picture and I can feed them...
Man, you have to understand my frustration when I saw the last post! I worked my ass off to get that going and it was taken out of my hands. I had no choice!
I fucked up! Many times might I add, but if this is to be a regional feeder project it's a complete success!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:36 am 

On 150 bands. No way dude! 3 stages. 60/70 with side attractions if this works. I have learned you know ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:36 am 

On 150 bands. No way dude! 3 stages. 60/70 with side attractions if this works. I have learned you know ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:40 am 

:( poor auld Phil is still at it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:47 am 

How much are you hoping to raise through FundIt and will that amount cover all costs of your festival?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 am 

matty_the_emo_slayer wrote:
I thought you were done with this site/the Irish Metal scene in general Phil?

Being serious for a moment though, if you are actually all about helping Irish bands I'd say this is hardly the best way. Even if you don't go overboard with 150 bands this time the end result is still going to be this; a couple of hundred people from various parts of Ireland going to a field in Leitrim to watch some of their mates' bands, and maybe checking out some bands from other bits of the country. Then the bands will go home, more than likely having paid out of their own pocket of the privilege of getting lost in the shuffle, and at most will have sold a couple of shirts and found someone in another county to do a gig-swap with. All stuff they could do at home with a bit of persistence on Facebook.

If you want to help any of them get any sort of significant gain in fanbase then pick 3 or 4 you really like and book them a tour of Britain or continental Europe.

This, this is exactly my views on this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:12 am 

Phil, legitimate question if I may – what’s the biggest gig you’ve handled before? While I admire your ambition, something like this would be nigh-on impossible to make succeed. With all due respect, if it was viable surely a more established promoter would have pulled it off before. I think Matty’s prediction is right on the money for this I’m afraid.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:36 am 

PhilFest wrote:
I've already gotten 2 friends a support with Arnocorps as I promoted that gig.

You promoted it to such an extent that I had to stick up a post in the gig section.........

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60762&hilit=Arnocorps

....this post is no use without a link to the fundit page.....oh yeah.....your giving us the finger, nice one Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:42 am 

PhilFest wrote:
Many times might I add, but if this is to be a regional feeder project it's a complete success!

If? What exactly are you proposing to do? The OP doesn't give any specific details on what you want to do with the money from FundIt.

Do you have estimates on how much a site/insurance/marketing/production/side activities are all going to cost? Will this be included in the FundIt details? Will bands have to pay for the privilege of playing at this event?

This is not having a go, these are the typical questions you will be asked and people will want to know if giving money towards such a thing..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 am 

Just makes Phil look very immature and would potentially put off anyone who is a user of this forum and is in a band playing at something he organises. Done possibly as a joke and a 'Fuck you MI' but it's more damaging to Phil and any event he is associated with in the future

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:05 am 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AB7IDw3PNI

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next