Back
  Outdoor Festival in 2017. Calling all Promoters etc out!

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:55 pm 

It's well known I was the head of a failed outdoor festival.
The view has always been, Will I be the one to finally crack a heavy/alternative outdoor festival here...
Here's an idea. Rather than all focusing on what they could do. Why don't we all join together?
There's enough of us around the country, and with all our contacts, friends, and associates, I don't see why a bunch of us can't make it finally happen!
People will say, well you're yadda yadda, well, do you know how to construct and run a crew kitchen, the places that tape wire can be used over fencing, the importance of getting a pickaxe and burying all trip hazards? There's far more to this than just putting on bands and promoting it....
I'm putting it out there to all involved in alternative music for 2017. Form a PLC and create a new name so nobody is getting all the praise. I'm calling dibs on the Circus tent though... smile emoticon
This way we all have time to raise the necessary front in regards to capital, and use our contacts to help us all out...
Nothing is ever going to happen unless someone makes the first move, and I'll be focusing on my own projects either way..
Rather than all trying to outdo the other. Lets get a gang together and finally make this happen in Ireland!

Any serious enquires, please contact the Sonic Circus Ireland Facebook page. I'll just delete and block anyone sending abuse so don't bother. You won't get a reaction...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:01 pm 

Jesus absolutely fucking wept and then renailed himself to the cross...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:02 pm 

What is your obsession with having an outdoor fest? Just fucking go to Electric Picnic, you dope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:08 pm 

Do we actually NEED an outdoor fest? I'm gonna say no, no we don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:20 pm 

Why so negative lads? I've already had two serious messages about this in the past hour.
I'm not obsessed at all. It would be great for it to finally happen here, and I don't see why it can't with the right people.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:36 pm 

What exactly is wrong with the outdoor fests that happen here already? Do you want to start a Metal Fest? If so then I believe you are fighting a losing battle because its been tried before, and failed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:48 pm 

It failed because rather than getting a bunch of people involved. They all tried to do it solo for all the glory...
My pitch to all is a metal stage, alternative stage and whatever else we can get in.
Basically a heavier version of KnockanStockan.
Nothing wrong with the festivals here, but if this were to happen it would open us up to tourism etc as there's so many that want to come to Ireland. Hit a two day fest and travel around.
I have a business mind in there somewhere... :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:
Nothing wrong with the festivals here, but if this were to happen it would open us up to tourism etc as there's so many that want to come to Ireland. Hit a two day fest and travel around.

Is this info from extensive insider knowledge in various tourist markets, aye? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 am 

Ironically, the only person coming across as some sort of glory hunting eejit is you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:30 am 

Okay, some constructive criticism (from a purely punter's perspective).

Electric Picnic has the "alternative" side of things wrapped up quite nicely. It's a pretty chilled out experience, there's good facilities and loads to do outside of the music. It also pulls some big names - last time I was there (2008) I saw Grace Jones, George Clinton, Sigur Ros, Nick Cave/Grinderman, Goldfrapp, The Breeders, My Bloody Valentine. Some big names to draw the punters in with the music, lots of other lesser know artists too.

There's a shit load less dispposable money on the go, so if the "alternative"crowd want to hit a festival, it's EP.

As mentioned, a metal festival in Ireland just isn't viable. There's some pretty great one day-ers and shitloads of gigs on, but again people have finite resources, so will they prefer to sink their money into a balls out weekend at say the Siege or a jack of all trades alt/metal gig.

I know I'd be hitting Limerick without much hesitation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:41 am 

I get the impression that the lad is clueless as to what is actually going on in the metal scene... If it's not a big outdoor fest with feckin balloons and face painting it's not worth going to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:10 am 

Bring it on!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 am 

Do I have to constantly repeat myself?
An ALTERNATIVE festival. Bit of all sorts that's missing here.
Cut a story short I've found half the investment needed tonight. Still want more though so we can all limit our outgoings.
I see a viable business plan and tourism opportunity here.
Stop with those negative waves Moriarty!
Any venture is not overnight, and getting this on will attract more. Easily known I'm not talking to business people here. I've spent my life in such and now a supervisor and managers assistant in a newly formed company. I could list more business accomplishments...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:55 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:
Basically a heavier version of KnockanStockan.

Just had a look at the line up for this...

It's mostly Irish alternative acts (now't wrong with any of it, actually going to see one of the featured acts play here on Saturday night), so it's safe to assume that the "alternative" side of your proposed festival (which will draw the larger number of punters) are already playing at this festival! It's already been done!

I've seen a few of the heads in that lineup play, and as genuinely talented and sound people that they are, they're not going to attract a mass influx of people globally to see them play and give Irish tourism a huge boost.

Methinks the OP has watched Wayne's World 2 a few too many times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:00 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:

I see a viable business plan and tourism opportunity here.

How many punters do you expect this festival to pull? Now what percentage of that do you expect to be from folk travelling overseas?

Quote:
I could list more business accomplishments..

Like your last festival? That went swimmingly well.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next