Back
  Outdoor Festival in 2017. Calling all Promoters etc out!

Page: Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:45 pm 

I'm going to BeProg this Saturday. Hopefully they didn't waste all the money on bands. I'd love to check out the bumpers, or maybe win a prize at an airgun range. I wonder if they'll have fortune tellers, and a lady with three breasts.

I'm worried that it may just be all music, beer, and sunshine. I'll bring some sandwiches for the staff, just in case...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:07 pm 

Oh c'mon lads give auld Phil a break. Isn't this how Alt-fest got started & look how much of a success that was. winky face!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 pm 

I've heard Motorhead have been booked to play and have plans to record a live album at it titled (We Are) The Road Crew Kitchen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:02 am 

Man, you people love to take something I say out of context and twist it. I love Limerick, and have nothing but respect for it.
At that time I was a festival organiser, and you have to prioritise things into order of importance. I choose to do things such as work Vantastival and distribute 1000 fliers, all the BOA heats in Dublin among others things as they were bigger markets.
I was very happy ASIWYFA were downstairs in Dolans, as my plan was to distribute fliers before and after that gig. Anyone that knew the bands I had were already aware of the festival, so that became a low priority. No disrespect to Shardborne or any of the other acts. I had to use whatever time and resources I had to reach new people...
A lot keep saying they know what happened to. I ran the first run up night in Sweeney's and none of the others turned up. Alarm bells.... I then check in on all the week of the nights in Galway/Limerick and found out the Medieval area had nothing among others thing. In light of discovering I had a team of talkers, I immediately cancelled the festival as I knew I had the wrong team. Never saw any of you posting that before......
As I originally said. I put out a feeler to see if anyone's interested and if not? I'll run smaller gigs to see friends and focus on other things.
I tried! None of you ripping me apart can say that....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:16 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:

Except for the people that have tried (and done as well as possible).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:48 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:
None of you ripping me apart can say that....

This is like watching someone being run over by a bus and then jumping out in front of another one over and over again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 am 

A team of talkers?

Phil, instead of having a cry on Facebook and accusing people of "talking shit under an alias on the Internet," how about answering some questions - what have you ever done for any of your festivals that has gone beyond "talking", and have any of your gigs EVER broken even?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:00 am 

RESONANT PADDY wrote:
Sonic Circus wrote:

This is like watching someone being run over by a bus and then jumping out in front of another one over and over again.

I think this is what you're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEacGiMO3K0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 am 

open face surgery wrote:
RESONANT PADDY wrote:
Sonic Circus wrote:

I think this is what you're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEacGiMO3K0

Haha that about sums up this entire thread perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 am 

Sonic Circus wrote:
Man, you people love to take something I say out of context and twist it. I love Limerick, and have nothing but respect for it.
At that time I was a festival organiser, and you have to prioritise things into order of importance. I choose to do things such as work Vantastival and distribute 1000 fliers, all the BOA heats in Dublin among others things as they were bigger markets.
I was very happy ASIWYFA were downstairs in Dolans, as my plan was to distribute fliers before and after that gig. Anyone that knew the bands I had were already aware of the festival, so that became a low priority. No disrespect to Shardborne or any of the other acts. I had to use whatever time and resources I had to reach new people...
A lot keep saying they know what happened to. I ran the first run up night in Sweeney's and none of the others turned up. Alarm bells.... I then check in on all the week of the nights in Galway/Limerick and found out the Medieval area had nothing among others thing. In light of discovering I had a team of talkers, I immediately cancelled the festival as I knew I had the wrong team. Never saw any of you posting that before......
As I originally said. I put out a feeler to see if anyone's interested and if not? I'll run smaller gigs to see friends and focus on other things.

Your enthusiasm is admirable.

You seem to have a justification or excuse for every mistake you have made so far but not even they make sense. Just from the post above:

Quote:
At that time I was a festival organiser, and you have to prioritise things into order of importance.

The excuse is only valid if you're being forced to deal with a mess someone else has created, but you were dealing with a clusterfuck of your own creation. You made the decision to bite off more than you could chew and put on the gig at a time when you (apparently) knew that you weren't actually capable of taking it on alongside your other responsibilities. So the reality here is poor planning and resource management. That's on you.

Quote:
I choose to do things such as work Vantastival and distribute 1000 fliers, all the BOA heats in Dublin among others things as they were bigger markets.

Then why choose to put on the gig at all? If you could make more progress towards your goal by dishing out fliers or whatever then why bother putting on the gig? You're out there trying to prove to the world you have what it takes to run a large festival by handing out fliers but in the process are completely destroying your reputation by demonstrating that you don't have the organisational skills to run even a small local gig? That's on you.

Quote:
I was very happy ASIWYFA were downstairs in Dolans, as my plan was to distribute fliers before and after that gig.

Why not hand out fliers before and after that gig and have your own gig on a different night then? Why didn't you actually follow through with your intention to hand out fliers before and after that gig? You couldn't run the gig OR hand out the fliers? That's on you.

Quote:
Anyone that knew the bands I had were already aware of the festival, so that became a low priority. No disrespect to Shardborne or any of the other acts. I had to use whatever time and resources I had to reach new people...

You do understand that you lost all of these people and anyone they're in contact with by neglecting your responsibility towards them though, right? One step forward, two steps back. That's on you.

Quote:
A lot keep saying they know what happened to. I ran the first run up night in Sweeney's and none of the others turned up. Alarm bells.... I then check in on all the week of the nights in Galway/Limerick and found out the Medieval area had nothing among others thing.

I know what all of these words mean, but I have absolutely no idea what they mean when written in that order. I've read those sentences five or six times now and still don't actually understand what you are trying to say. This is unfortunate as I think whatever you're trying to explain here is the reason why everything went tits up.

Quote:
In light of discovering I had a team of talkers, I immediately cancelled the festival as I knew I had the wrong team. Never saw any of you posting that before......

So it's everyone's fault except yours? Who was the leader of this team? Was it you? Who assembled the team? Was it you? Who was supposed to manage this team? Was it you? Is this on you too? Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 am 

Did Indiependence festival do a rock/metal stage a few years ago? Anyone know if that was a success?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm 

Sonic Circus wrote:
Do you think I gave two fucks about a fundraiser in Limerick? Think you fucking clown!!!

Sonic Circus wrote:
I love Limerick, and have nothing but respect for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm 

Wow this is up there with Claire and the nutjob that was stalking Tom Warrior.

Please continue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm 

04325613 wrote:
Sonic Circus wrote:
Do you think I gave two fucks about a fundraiser in Limerick? Think you fucking clown!!!

Sonic Circus wrote:
I love Limerick, and have nothing but respect for it.

Nah man, he loves Limerick, he just didn't give a fuck about the fundraiser that happened to be there!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm 

Was the fundraiser for the festival or for something else?

Page: Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next