Back
  Wanted: 35mm Camera (from days of yore)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm 

does anyone have an old Nikon or something like that, lying around gathering dust?

F50 or similar

Dublin area can collect

Maybe 80 euros?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm 

i have an f55 but the autofocus dont work, it was a problem with that particular camera, a dodgy sensor that just hunts and does not focus,the camera is like new other than that, i also have the 28-80 kits lens , is take 50 for the 2 if ur interested

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:57 pm 

would you say if you just use the lens-adjust ring, and your own eye, it'll still work pretty well?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:08 pm 

yep manual focus is fine as long the focus ring on the lens moves freely, u can practice manual focus and u 'l be fine, are u new to photography? theres a ton of stuff on the net!! ya know urself!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm 

il throw in a a roll of 200 color film and a camera bag for 70, the camera uses 2 x CR2 batteries which i dont have do!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm 

I dabbled a bit in 2000-2002 before it was a thing and have regretted both stopping the hobby and letting myself be swayed by digital culture.

I'll be back in dublin next monday for a few days, so I'll probably go for the 70euro offer, cheers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 pm 

sound!! with manual focus , make sure u are sharp and in focus in the view finder, other wise u would be wastin and exposure with a blurry image,also research Film Speed and their applications and shootin conditions,its not to different than digital, except make every exposure count!!cause u cant chimp,practice manually before u put as roll in,when ur confident start shootin the film!! any way get back to me if i u want it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm 

Motherfucker wrote:
sound!! with manual focus , make sure u are sharp and in focus in the view finder, other wise u would be wastin and exposure with a blurry image,also research Film Speed and their applications and shootin conditions,its not to different than digital, except make every exposure count!!cause u cant chimp,practice manually before u put as roll in,when ur confident start shootin the film!! any way get back to me if i u want it

does the autofocus not work at all or is it just a bit fussy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 pm 

No dude ,as i said their is issues with the sensor with this camera, nikon usesd to fix it for free, but i dont think they do any more, u can research on the net, " nikon f55 autofocus problem"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 pm 

Motherfucker wrote:
No dude ,as i said their is issues with the sensor with this camera, nikon usesd to fix it for free, but i dont think they do any more, u can research on the net, " nikon f55 autofocus problem"

Sorry dude if I came across as pedantic there, I just wanted to get it all clear in my head. I'll be in touch by pm in the next few days. It's not the cost per se but just mentally getting organised as an overall project thing

Many thanks

Last edited by skyr on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:46 pm 

sound dude