Back
  CLUTCH Olympia Theatre Friday 20th Nov

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:27 am 

Was secretly hoping for Wishbone, considering the time of year. But can you honestly ever complain at watching this band live? Some show, amazing.

Olympia, I love how the place looks, I love the acoustics. The rest...well... shite.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:33 pm 

3rd time seeing them and this was the best by a distance. I got a good spot just in front of the barrier near the centre and it was nice and loud. Good crowd at it I thought, well up for it, at least near where I was anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:11 pm 

Great gig. Neil Fallon is such a good frontman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm 

I thought that Clutch were good but not great.

Neil Fallon is, without question, an incredible frontman but I thought for a lot of the show that the rest of the lads were just phoning it in.

Fallon's energy definitely made up for it though.

I couldn't really hear Tim Sult's guitar for the first few tracks but that's a minor gripe.

When I was queuing for my jacket afterward, there was some poor fucker being led out by a bouncer and medical crew. He was bleeding and had a huge golfball sized lump on his forehead. Shit way to end your night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 pm 

Bad buzz! Few spa's about the place where I was standing. I've no issue with moshing or people enjoying themselves but there was a clear few lads just aggressively shoving into and through everyone aimlessly. The fact there was a barrier in front made it worse because it was so packed. Gig was good, band were on fire but I didn't like the Olympia. Sound was mediocre and muddled, venue didn't suit a rock and roll band with the layout/atmosphere there. Enjoyable night overall though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 am 

After all the hype, I left the Olympia disappointed.
Should of went to Uncle Acid.

Clutch were good, and Fallon was class, as always.
But the sound suffered a lot I thought and I wasn't overly impressed with the set-list either.
The queuing system for jackets after was a joke too.
Overall it just didn't have a patch on the Academy show last year.

Ah well....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 am 

When I was heading out I overheard one of the bouncers talking about an incident in the balcony, saying they needed a medic team and asking what the nature was.

Agree with BotS, left the place feeling bit disappointed. I enjoyed the Academy gig a lot more, thought the set list was much better and the sound was great in the Academy compared to the Olympia which is somewhere I really, really hope stops hosting rock bands because it's just not a good venue for it.

The set list seemed really short too. I think overall it was probably only a couple of minutes shorter than the Academy gig last year but for whatever reason I found myself checking my phone at one point and realized they'd only ten minutes left until curfew.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:26 am 

Thought the gig was great, despite the Olympia being such a kip. Setlist was really good and very different to the Academy gig. Delighted to see them seem more into it too, That Academy gig they seemed burned out at.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:35 pm 

First time ever in the Olympia and thought it was a great venue, granted it does look like a bit of a kip but thought the layout was great.

Clutch were fantastic and thought that their set absolutely flew by

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 am 

Amazing News, It was must a sleepless night.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:25 pm 

This thread is three years old man!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm 

:lol: Must be a bot, or a fake a/c

Meanwhile, back in 2018 - their Euro tour in Nov/Dec this year seems pretty jammed, hard to see where they'd add any local dates on this leg, unless they play Xmas Eve! Any promoters got any insider info?

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5