Back
  Devin Townsend - Plovdiv, Bulgaria - Sept 22, 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

so the list of songs for the request set is up, once Canada and Sunday Afternoon are picked I'll be delighted

Also have a spare ticket going for this now, face value €60, standing ticket in the golden circle section

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:03 am 

Picked any song available off Terria and added in Deadhead. There's a few on there I want but jesus the more he does off Terria the better. I've seen earth day and deep peace before, so wouldn'the mind seeing Stagnant at least. Wish he would play Tiny Tears though. can't believe Planet Rain is an option, what a tune.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 am 

Anyone else heading over the Thursday and flying back on Saturday morning? Trying to figure out the best way to get back to Sofia airport in time for the 06.30 flight home

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:09 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Anyone else heading over the Thursday and flying back on Saturday morning? Trying to figure out the best way to get back to Sofia airport in time for the 06.30 flight home

Renting a car might be your best bet. Dunno if there'd be much in the way of public transport at that hour.
Did anything else ever happen with the busses that Dev said they'd be putting on? Heard nothing more other than that mention of them in the 20 min vid he put up a few months back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 pm 

Was looking at renting a car, but we all fancy having a few pints so that's not going to work! Trying to see if there's a taxi or shuttlebus company that will do a late night pickup back to the airport.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:57 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Was looking at renting a car, but we all fancy having a few pints so that's not going to work! Trying to see if there's a taxi or shuttlebus company that will do a late night pickup back to the airport.

Draw straws for the designated driver role :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:17 pm 

Was talking to some people who went over to Katatonia last year, they mentioned that travel from Sofia to Plovdiv can be a bit difficult. Public transport there isn't meant to be great. We're considering renting a car after the flight in to Sofia just to make sure we get to Plovdiv in good time.
If you're looking to go to Sofia after the gig for a flight, it might be worth emailing your hotel and asking if there's a bus or coach that does late night runs, if there's a group of people going that night they could recommend a private bus that you could book. Hotel staff would know who to ask and if it was possible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 am 

Only two weeks to go and finally sorted with a taxi! The hotel said there's a pub called Beer Stop they'd recommended that's only a two minute walk from the venue, so if anyone fancies meeting for a pre/post gig pint it should be worth a look

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 pm 

That would be neat. There'll be a large group of us going over, about 16 of us I think, surely we'll bump into a few of ye around there! Found a rock pub in the city as well that's meant to be pretty decent, will likely check that out on the Thursday or Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:56 am 

Anyone else on the Wednesday flight from Stansted into Plovdiv or are ye all flying into Sofia Thursday/Friday?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 am 

I'm in on Thursday to Sofia but have booked a private bus for 8 of us to transfer to Plovdiv. Rest of my group are all over the place, some Tuesday, some Wednesday I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 am 

Cool, turns out our hotel is only 300m from that Beer Stop bar so I'm sure we'll stick a head in at some stage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am 

Flying in on the Thursday to Sofia from Dublin. Transfer sorted to Plovdiv.
I hear Rock Bar Download is meant to be a good spot for Rock and Metal so could meet there for pints.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 am 

N0-Remorse wrote:
I hear Rock Bar Download is meant to be a good spot for Rock and Metal so could meet there for pints.

Looks like a decent spot. Seems to have changed location recently though so dunno if I'm looking at old or new pics on their FB page. Can't hurt to chance a beer anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:19 am 

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-in ... ellations7

http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/tra ... 38812.html

Seems that Ryanair have been cancelling flights with a days notice or less, and will keep doing so. Brussels > Sofia has cropped up on the list, here's hoping they don't cancel their Thursday Dublin > Sofia flight or we're fucked.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next