Back
  Devin Townsend - Plovdiv, Bulgaria - Sept 22, 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:46 am 

Any way we could rig the 'by request' portion of this set so he follows ocean machine with Terria start to finish?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:08 pm 

ochoill wrote:
Any way we could rig the 'by request' portion of this set so he follows ocean machine with Terria start to finish?

as long as we can slip Bad Devil in there somewhere.

I don't even remember the poll for the by request set for the RAH show. Not that I'd have changed much to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:48 pm 

Anyone booked flights/travel/accommodation for this yet?

Looking at it with the missus, the best and cheapest we can work out is flying in on the Thursday, staying a night in Sofia(because the flight is so late landing), then rent a car on the Friday to drive to Plovdiv. Stay there after the gig and drive back to Sofia the next day to catch the flights home.

Not the easiest trip but thats all we can figure out at the moment without an extended stay in one place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:58 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Anyone booked flights/travel/accommodation for this yet?

Looking at it with the missus, the best and cheapest we can work out is flying in on the Thursday, staying a night in Sofia(because the flight is so late landing), then rent a car on the Friday to drive to Plovdiv. Stay there after the gig and drive back to Sofia the next day to catch the flights home.

Not the easiest trip but thats all we can figure out at the moment without an extended stay in one place.

Not booking anything until the new year, but you can get flights to Plovdiv direct from Stansted on the Wednesday I think it was? I looked when we got the tickets but wanted to wait until more flights became available online for comparisons sake. Either way it only worked out a tenner or so more expensive on Ryanair to go Dublin>Stansted>Plovdiv. Check other routes if you don't mind two flights, you may be able to get a flight from Dublin to somewhere in the EU say, and then on to Plovdiv. Beats that Sofia flight by miles, Midnight on Thursday is a shitty time to fly in given the gig is on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:05 pm 

Aye, I think Dublin>Stansted>Plovdiv may be the best after all. Its probably too early to see all the flights options as well.

Gonna leave it for a while so!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:52 pm 

Only talking about it a while ago. Thinking of the wednesday-Monday in plovdiv via stansted but don't know if there'd be enough to occupy us for 5 days.

Also thinking of spending 2 days in Sofia, renting a car from the airport on the Thursday, driving to plovdiv, staying there for 2 night and driving back to Sofia on Saturday to fly home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:40 pm 

So finally booked something. Flying to Dublin-Stansted-Plovdiv on the Wednesday and will have a couple of days there to figure out picking up the ticket from the petrol station etc. Train to Sofia on the Saturday and flying Sofia-Stansted-Dublin on the Monday.

Flights were pricey enough by the time you've selected seats and all that malarky. Prob around €400-450.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:28 am 

Is that over and back? Seems rough, I was looking around before and could get 2 people round for about the same.
So are we going to attempt to meet for a pint before or after? There's about 10 or 12 of us going, should be a good laugh to get a group together for a pint.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm 

Haven't booked anything but due to other commitments throughout the year looks like I'll be going for a flying visit, wont be sticking around too long. Probably fly in the day before, leave the day after. I may be heading to Sweden straight from Bulgaria.

Still though, a meet up would be good craic I'd say!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 pm 

New interview with Dev:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... k-symphony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm 

Smashed after Christmas so probably won't be booking flights for a while yet, definitely up for a pint though!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm 

ochoill wrote:
Is that over and back? Seems rough, I was looking around before and could get 2 people round for about the same.
So are we going to attempt to meet for a pint before or after? There's about 10 or 12 of us going, should be a good laugh to get a group together for a pint.

Just did a quick check on the emails, it was around €550 for the 4 flights for 2 people but that's including €30 per flight for priority boarding. So if you weren't fussed about that, call it €430 for 2. Still steep enough. Prices might come down a bit...just not the easiest place to get to so didn't want to take the chance of not being able to get one of the flights.

Found a guest house place pretty close to the venue so booked in there for the 3 nights. Looks like both of the petrol stations for picking up the tickets are about a 30 min walk away from the venue but then again, we'll have all of Thursday to do that. I'll definitely be up for a pint at some stage...though I hear the lav facilities aren't ideal in the ampitheatre so getting hammered beforehand prob isn't a great idea....as a teaser, I heard it involves a ladder. Maybe a few beers on the Thursday? :wink:

Still no word on VIP upgrades for this but booked the VIP for the Stockholm show in March to tide me over. Though reading his comments about having to do them for the money but them leaving him drained took some of the excitement away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3J_k2_0syk

The theater is beautiful, looking so forward to this! :).

Is that some teases in the music choice in the background there? Bad Devil 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 am 

SymbolicActs wrote:

Eh, are they organising travel from Airports to the venue? a package deal that can be bought? :P

https://youtu.be/M3J_k2_0syk?t=8m48s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am 

skadk666 wrote:
SymbolicActs wrote:

Eh, are they organising travel from Airports to the venue? a package deal that can be bought? :P

https://youtu.be/M3J_k2_0syk?t=8m48s

Hopefully get some information on this soon if that's is the case!

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next