Back
  Devin Townsend - Plovdiv, Bulgaria - Sept 22, 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:35 am 

Just hit him up on Twitter about it, would be great to get some details on this. Would be super handy if they did a travel package from Sofia, save a load of hassle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:51 am 

At least they're recognising that it ain't easy. Anyone know if Katatonia or Paradise Lost did something similar when they played there?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 pm 

I thought we had it bad having to stop in Stansted on the way over. A guy I work with who lives in Latvia is also going to the gig and he is also having to travel to Stansted in order to catch that flight to Plovdiv on the Wednesday as he doesn't even have the option of direct flights to Sofia.

Can see that Stansted-Plovdiv flight filling up at some stage if this place is so awkward to get to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 pm 

I thought that transport thing was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, if its actually something they're working on then happy days!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am 

On watching it again, it's hard to tell. If it is something they're laying on, I assume with the way he's saying the trip would take 70 mins that any arrangements would only be for flights into Sofia on the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:22 pm 

I'm not really hearing it as tongue in cheek to be honest. Yeah he's clearly joking about the hitchhiking but after he says that it sounds pretty solid.

And yeah I reckon it would just be for people flying into Sofia on the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:56 am 

Can't fucking wait for this! Hotels not looking like an issue but getting there looks like a ballache.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 am 

I was in Plovdiv a few years ago, it's not at all as difficult to get to as people might think.

The train service in Bulgaria isn't great, but there are loads of private bus companies that link Plovdiv with Sofia, all of which run from the main bus station in Sofia. It's on the route to Istanbul, so it's relatively well serviced.

Sofia itself is dead easy to get to, and the Airport is the most central that I've ever encountered. Serious craic to be had there as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm 

Good to know a few of ye are on for a pint or 12 there! We can see who's about closer to the date. I'll be in Plovdiv likely the Thursday day until the Sunday or so. Going to the other side of the country for a few days first, need to actually book some flights this week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:11 pm 

For anyone planning on flying from sofia to Dublin on the Saturday, Ryanair have changed the flight time from around 3pm to 6:30am so you'd pretty much be heading back to the airport straight from the gig.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:29 am 

spoderman01 wrote:
For anyone planning on flying from sofia to Dublin on the Saturday, Ryanair have changed the flight time from around 3pm to 6:30am so you'd pretty much be heading back to the airport straight from the gig.

Finally getting around to booking flights and noticed this. Can't really find anything online about how easy it is to get back from Plovdiv to Sofia late at night, anyone else looking at doing this?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 pm 

Given the various routes to/from Plovdiv and how awkward they can be, we're looking at trying to fly in on the Wednesday and back again the following week instead of the day after. I need to reassess this though, before the flight times were shifted it was doable by going shannon>stansted>plovdiv but it could be easier now to just go dublin>sofia>plovdiv.
Anyone know how to add songs to the by request set yet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:30 pm 

Ryanair announced Thursday 21st flights from Dublin to Sofia that leave at 6.30am and arrive there around 2:15pm on the same day. Flights back are still either the Saturday or the Tuesday but they seem to have gotten cheaper, I got them for €100 per person round trip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm 

How many here are flying back to Dublin from Sofia straight after the gig on the 6.30am flight?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

Just booked my flights there for the 6.30 return. Going to look at renting a car and driving from Sofia airport to Plovdiv and back, seems the easiest thing to do

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next