Back
  Metal Church + Comaniac. Thurs 22nd June. Limelight 2

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 pm 

The Distortion Project by by arrangement with Factory Music Management & Agency & Loud Noise presents

METAL CHURCH
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMetalChurch

Plus Support

COMANIAC
https://www.facebook.com/ComaniacOfficial

Thursday 22nd June
Limelight 2, Belfast
Doors 7pm / 18+ **EARLY SHOW**

Tickets (£20) on sale Wednesday 1st March from DV8 Belfast, http://www.ticketmaster.ie and all Ticketmster outlets province-wide. They will also be available (fee-free and post free) from http://www.thedistortionproject.bigcartel.com

http://www.facebook.com/thedistortionproject
http://www.twitter.com/dpmetal

Heavy metal titans Metal Church are very pleased to announce that they will be returning to our UK shores in June, for a five date long run. They will be touring in celebration of latest studio album ‘XI’, which was released last year via Nuclear Blast.

The tour kicks off at legendary London venue the Camden Underworld on 20th June, taking the five piece to Glasgow, Belfast, Dublin, before finishing at Thekla, Bristol on 24th June. Supports to be announced in due course.
Masterful Metal Church guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof said of the announcement:

"The Metal Church fans over there have always welcomed us with open arms and their passion and love for Heavy Metal music is second to none!"

Metal Church tour dates are as follows:
20th June – London, Underworld
21st June – Glasgow, Audio
22nd June – Belfast, Limelight 2
23rd June – Dublin, Voodoo Lounge
24th June – Bristol, Thekla

Metal Church’s latest album and 11th studio release ‘XI’ was released in March 2016, and it marked the return of legendary vocalist and front man Mike Howe!
‘XI’ was produced by Kurdt Vanderhoof and co-produced by Chris ‘The Wizard’ Collier.

“The best Church service in some 25 years… this is Metal Church up and at ‘em – just the way we like our metal”
Classic Rock

“It’s not too late to convert to the scriptures of Metal Church”
Kerrang!

“Metal veterans turn up the dial on their 11th studio album.”
“An abundance of great tracks like ‘Needle And Structure’, ‘Blow Your Mind’ and ‘Suffer Fools’… cement ‘XI’s status as a classy steamroller”
Metal Hammer

The reunion between Mike Howe and Metal Church started in July of 2014 when Mike started working with Kurdt Vanderhoof on a side project he was forming with Nigel Glockler from Saxon. Through these initial conversations, Kurdt convinced Mike to ultimately return to Metal Church. The idea was to see if they could recapture some of the magic from the three albums they released in the late 80’s: ‘The Human Factor’, ‘Blessing In Disguise’ and ‘Hanging In The Balance’. Out of those sessions, ‘XI’ was born and captures the sound that made the band fan favourites in the 80‘s and mixes it with a new, invigorated sound for 2016.

More info:
http://www.metalchurchofficial.com
http://www.facebook.com/officialmetalchurch

Last edited by James Distortion Project on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:52 pm 

Brilliant...thanks for doing this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:24 pm 

James Distortion Project wrote:
it marked the return of legendary vocalist and front man Mike Howe!

The idea was to see if they could recapture some of the magic from the three albums they released in the late 80’s: ‘The Human Factor’, ‘Blessing In Disguise’ and ‘Hanging In The Balance’.

Their 'legendary' vocalist imo was the brilliant David Wayne and those first two classic albums....I dont suppose they'll be playing anything off those first two at these shows then?..........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:45 pm 

Fuck sake, lad. Let it go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 pm 

Amazing news, is this their first show in Belfast?

The latest album "XI" was one of the best releases of 2016 - well worth checking out, i"ll be looking forward to hearing some of it alongside the classic stuff.

Quote:
Their 'legendary' vocalist imo was the brilliant David Wayne and those first two classic albums....I dont suppose they'll be playing anything off those first two at these shows then?..........

I think they do about 3-4 tracks from the Wayne era at recent shows.

On any of the videos i've watched Howe has been doing a stellar job on his own and David Wayne's material, despite being out of the music game for 20 odd years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:07 pm 

Quote:

Of course they will.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

Thank you so much for booking this, you have made one old Metalhead very happy this friday!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:48 pm 

Quote:

Of course they will.

Ah right...just wondering like, thats great news so......I suppose I just thought it might be situation like the Anthrax thing were Joey Belladonna doesnt do any of the Bush stuff. etc....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 am 

Finally! A mandatory gig...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 pm 

huez2000 wrote:

The idea was to see if they could recapture some of the magic from the three albums they released in the late 80’s: ‘The Human Factor’, ‘Blessing In Disguise’ and ‘Hanging In The Balance’.

I had never listened to Metal Church before I clicked into this thread so after a quick Youtube search, I came across the first album and fuck me! that guy has to be the worst vocalist I have ever heard.

I thought okay maybe that album was just a stinker so I opted for something new and gave a listen to Needle and Suture and fuck me the new vocalist is almost as bad as the other clown. And holy St. James's Street, that video is laughable. Enjoy the gig lads but Nixer won't be attending.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 pm 

NixerForACowboy wrote:
huez2000 wrote:

I had never listened to Metal Church before I clicked into this thread so after a quick Youtube search, I came across the first album and fuck me! that guy has to be the worst vocalist I have ever heard.

I thought okay maybe that album was just a stinker so I opted for something new and gave a listen to Needle and Suture and fuck me the new vocalist is almost as bad as the other clown. And holy St. James's Street, that video is laughable. Enjoy the gig lads but Nixer won't be attending.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 pm 

Such a gig announcement. Lovely. One of my bucket list bands, with Mike Howe on vocals of course.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 pm 

Unreal!!! Gonna do both Belfast and Dublin shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 pm 

Ticket bought for Belfast....might do Dublin as well lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm 

Brox wrote:
Ticket bought for Belfast....might do Dublin as well lol.

I queued up from 9.30 at our local TM outlet , only person in line lol.
Never missing this.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next