Back
  ROTTING CHRIST 'Thy Mighty Contract' Show - 7.10.17

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:24 am 

Floss wrote:
To be fair to them Rotting has never made a bad album, they've been remarkably consistent from the outset over the years, right up to the present day and few bands could have that said about them. They've had solidly good albums for years. Sanctus Diavolus is the one I personally like the least; and even it has a few great songs on it - similarly with Khronos. Aealo I didnt like for a long time with all the chanting etc - but it really grew on me recently (though the chanting is tough to stomach still). For the gothic-period naysayers - Sleep of the Angels and Dead Poem for me are among their finest moments. Magnificent albums (that i didnt appreciate when they came out).

The newer albums are great to my ears - but its true that the "world music" elements didnt sit right with me initially, but i've warmed to them. The Kata album in particular is outstanding and Rituals took a bit longer but its very strong too. For a band to be delivering the goods this late in their career of niche music is to be applauded.

Sanctus Diavolos was the album that got me into the band so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. And I agree they've never had a bad album, but for me everything since Sanctus - and it started with Sanctus - has been very sterile, samey and dull.

They're like Amon Amarth at this stage. You know what you're getting and it's not going to stray from the formula.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:22 pm 

THY MIGHTY CONTRACT among the Top Black Metal albums of all time! Our respect to all of you that still keep the spirit alive.See you soon in the battlefield for some special shows performing this album in full!

http://loudwire.com/top-black-metal-albums-of-all-time/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:39 pm 

Tickets got! Cant wait.

Page: Previous  1, 2