Back
  EMERALD HAZE- SEPT 1/2 VOODOO LOUNGE - SOLSTAFIR-MORE BANDS!

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 pm 

The two stages was a great idea. Enjoyed being able to move from one venue to another to check out the different acts.

Favourite bands for me were Death the Leveller and Lord Vicar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 pm 

A lot of fun - wonder what the organisers thought of it? Doom isn't really my thing but I enjoy weekender things like this and Burning Oak in Cork a few years back.

Dread Sovereign were brilliant - have come on in leaps and bounds as a live act, should have had second billing. I saw Solstifar a few years back at the same venue and didn't get them at all, this time I really enjoyed them, no idea why the change. Lord Vicar bored me to sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 pm 

Had a blast on Saturday, caught the majority of upstairs. Gorilla Pulp were enjoyable, Nomadic Rituals were fucking great. Great atmosphere all day.

Here's a clip from The Magnapinna set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8tW7yBeB8g

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:55 pm 

justincredible wrote:
Totally blown away by Dread Sovereign and Sólstafir (first time seeing both).
Bored to tears with Lord Vícar. Don't see what all the fuss is tbh.
Great selection of merch available too which was nice. Those Emerald Haze t-shirts were really cool if a little pricey, €15.

T-shirts were pricey cos the tickets were for fuckin' nothing. Why don't you try to pull something like this off before ya start complaining, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm 

BrianJJ666 wrote:
Only made it to the Saturday but yeah Great day really well run, so nice to combine the two venues like that, Favourite bands of the day, Ten Ton Slug, The Magnapinna, Dread Sovereign, Death The Leveller, Solstafir.

wonder would similar ideas with Different styles of Metal work here too would be great, Congrats to all involved

Yeah man, I only stuck to stoner/doom shit this year cos I didn't want to put any noses out of joint. DCC were very impressed so there's lots of room for development, and we'll be broadening our horizons next year.

Check the FB page for another gig (free entry) in two weeks with Malthusian, FTBOA, Raum Kingdom and Destriers in The Bowery, Rathmines. Just posted it half an hour ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:58 pm 

jpm4 wrote:
A lot of fun - wonder what the organisers thought of it? Doom isn't really my thing but I enjoy weekender things like this and Burning Oak in Cork a few years back.

The organisers think we knocked it out of the fucking park!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm 

FREE ENTRY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm 

el sid wrote:
justincredible wrote:
Totally blown away by Dread Sovereign and Sólstafir (first time seeing both).
Bored to tears with Lord Vícar. Don't see what all the fuss is tbh.
Great selection of merch available too which was nice. Those Emerald Haze t-shirts were really cool if a little pricey, €15.

T-shirts were pricey cos the tickets were for fuckin' nothing. Why don't you try to pull something like this off before ya start complaining, eh?

Oh lighten up old bean, you're probably still a little exhausted from the shenanigans. I still bought a shirt anyway pal. Glad to have helped.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 pm 

el sid wrote:

FREE ENTRY

How much will the t-shirts be?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 pm 

Is 15€ really a lot for a tshirt that you like the look of these days ? For me its not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:21 pm 

Only made the Saturday of this...but I thought it was excellent!
Properly planned, booked, executed and run as far as I could tell.
Lord Vicar and Solstafir on the same bill in old Dublin town?
Definitely out of the ordinary and ballsy.
Fair play to Sid and co - great job all around!

Fair point bout the tickets being very reasonable too..the Sat day tickets were, was it, €25 to €28???
Don't get complaining bout the event shirts being €15 or whatever they were.
That's standard underground t-shirt price is it not? or thereabouts?
Silly goings on raising that as an issue.....
(spot my double standard :-) )

Hand jobs all around says I!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:43 am 

justincredible wrote:
Oh lighten up old bean, you're probably still a little exhausted from the shenanigans. I still bought a shirt anyway pal. Glad to have helped.

Exhausted and ecstatic. Incredibly proud to have achieved something like this with the support of my employers DCC.

This simply would not have been possible without DCC investing in it, and a lot of people in there put their necks on the line for me.

I'm not a promoter, I'm just a guy in a part time local band who constantly uses every opportunity available to me to big up the Irish metal scene. I was able to use my track record and my reputation for resourcefulness and relentlessness to convince DCC to essentially pay for a two day metal festival. They were very impressed with the results, and even though we made a loss due to the ridiculously low ticket prices there will be more funding opportunities available to me next year.

I'm in a stoner/doom band, I usually only deal with stoner/doom shows but now I'm turning my attention to other areas of the metal underworld and I'm going to do my very best to try to create more funding opportunities to help Irish bands to develop and progress.

Thanks for buying a ticket, thanks for buying a shirt and thanks for supporting your scene.

That's all I want anyone to do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am 

vavonia wrote:
Only made the Saturday of this...but I thought it was excellent!
Properly planned, booked, executed and run as far as I could tell.
Lord Vicar and Solstafir on the same bill in old Dublin town?
Definitely out of the ordinary and ballsy.
Fair play to Sid and co - great job all around!

Thanks!

I will be publicly thanking all the staff and volunteers and the rest of the organisers in the next couple of days.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5