Back
  Electric Picnic 2017

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm 

I love the way there are once again no metal acts of any kind (that I'm aware of anyway?) playing at this family fun shitefest. In some weird way it makes me feel better about the music that I love :D .....and for a change, I'm not being sarcastic here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:43 pm 

I, too, gauge the quality of festivals by the bands who don't appear!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 pm 

EP is not a metal festival. I dont see any irish metal bands fitting in a bill of arcade fire and coldplay tribute bands.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm 

2Fm listening ireland upper + middle class tat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm 

King Hostile wrote:
2Fm listening ireland upper + middle class tat

You mean 'twats' obviously...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 pm 

Tat - low quality / near worthless but looks like a good idea to buy.... to some people!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:44 pm 

What a pointless thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 pm 

Woeful, pointless thread indeed but I did see Barry from I'll Eat Your Face on RTE last night being interviewed as he's now part of a band called Bitch Falcon who were playing on the other voices stage. Big departure!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 pm 

Take away the bands and it looks a great fest if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 am 

Sounds like someone needs to broaden there horizons and get his metal head out of his arse. Who cares if there are no metal bands? It's not a metal festival.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:46 am 

huez2000 wrote:
I love the way there are once again no metal acts of any kind (that I'm aware of anyway?) playing at this family fun shitefest. In some weird way it makes me feel better about the music that I love :D .....and for a change, I'm not being sarcastic here.

What a retarded statement. Who the fuck wants to hear metal at EP? It would wreck everyone's buzz. As someone who has been to metal festivals in mainland Europe and also many domestic festivals such as EP, Oxegen, Longitude and Forbidden Fruit, I can safely say that the latter are much better craic with an all round better atmosphere and sounder people.

Metal fans are primitive apes by nature and drinking warm cans of beer around them all day gets annoying after an hour. There are never any moths at these fests and everyone smells before they get there in the first place as opposed to the final day of the festival.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 am 

And so the educated, learneth amongst us got their say.

How it would be to return to a primitive time. Donnington 89, 91 or 95.

How about Milton Keynes Metallica or Ozfest.

Maybe Knebworth and the big 4.

Guess I will just keep my knuckles dragging along the ground!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am 

huez2000 wrote:

There was a grand wee festival (albeit indoor) on in Dublin at the weekend, Emerald Haze.
Were you at it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:51 am 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
huez2000 wrote:

What a retarded statement. Who the fuck wants to hear metal at EP? It would wreck everyone's buzz. As someone who has been to metal festivals in mainland Europe and also many domestic festivals such as EP, Oxegen, Longitude and Forbidden Fruit, I can safely say that the latter are much better craic with an all round better atmosphere and sounder people.

Metal fans are primitive apes by nature and drinking warm cans of beer around them all day gets annoying after an hour. There are never any moths at these fests and everyone smells before they get there in the first place as opposed to the final day of the festival.

Well I've been at picnic, oxygen and forbidden fruit and they're nowhere near the craic at a good metal festival. Oxygen (went for ratm) was a fucking cunt of a fest, forbidden fruit is way too small of a site for the crowd, picnic is alright. Give me hellfest any day of the week.

On topic why would you have metal bands at the picnic. Makes no sense. Knockanstockan is a good irish one with a mix of everything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 pm 

I was in a vegetarian restaurant recently.

They didn't have steak, ribs or sausages on the menu.

I went on Meatal Ireland to complain about it.

Page: 1, 2  Next