Back
  Electric Picnic 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:14 pm 

RTE Orchestra - nice TV Licence!

A rip off? A bottle of Prosecco, every year’s must-have accessory, had its price jacked up to an astronomical E35.10 in Mindfield.

Ha ha ha :lol:

S club 7 and Duran Duran..... and on this thread we should broaden our musical horizons! ha ha ha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 pm 

StoutAndAle wrote:
I was in a vegetarian restaurant recently.

They didn't have steak, ribs or sausages on the menu.

I went on Meatal Ireland to complain about it.

Yes but what about the mayonnaise?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:07 pm 

ollkiller wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
huez2000 wrote:
I love the way there are once again no metal acts of any kind (that I'm aware of anyway?) playing at this family fun shitefest. In some weird way it makes me feel better about the music that I love :D .....and for a change, I'm not being sarcastic here.

What a retarded statement. Who the fuck wants to hear metal at EP? It would wreck everyone's buzz. As someone who has been to metal festivals in mainland Europe and also many domestic festivals such as EP, Oxegen, Longitude and Forbidden Fruit, I can safely say that the latter are much better craic with an all round better atmosphere and sounder people.

Metal fans are primitive apes by nature and drinking warm cans of beer around them all day gets annoying after an hour. There are never any moths at these fests and everyone smells before they get there in the first place as opposed to the final day of the festival.

Well I've been at picnic, oxygen and forbidden fruit and they're nowhere near the craic at a good metal festival. Oxygen (went for ratm) was a fucking cunt of a fest, forbidden fruit is way too small of a site for the crowd, picnic is alright. Give me hellfest any day of the week.

On topic why would you have metal bands at the picnic. Makes no sense. Knockanstockan is a good irish one with a mix of everything.

I respectfully disagree but whilst we are on this topic, without being smart, does anyone feel that it would be appropriate to start a thread about hygiene standards at metal gigs?

I find that every metal gig I go to there is always several dirty rotten smelly bastards about vs the odd one or two you encounter at your average rock gig.

Someone needed to say it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm 

Megacone played on Friday night https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJ_zPW7cj4

Bitch Falcon played on Saturday. Maybe you could argue that they're more "rock" than metal, but they are well worth checking out.

The Scratch (heavy metal crossed with Irish trad) played on Sunday.

My first time attending this year. The price of a ticket and the line up had never enticed me before, but I had a free pass to go this year and I had a fucking quality time. Well organised festival and nice atmosphere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:54 pm 

Hmmmmm... I'm not so sure. Your modus operandi seems to be to come into a thread and take a great, big, dirty shite in it, Nix. Where silence would be golden it appears you feel the overwhelming need to express your negativity and generally stir shit for the sake of stirring shit. You're becoming a bit of a pill, dear boy.

Last edited by Juggz on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:54 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:08 pm 

Juggz wrote:

Hmmmmm... I'm not so sure. Your modus operandi seems to be to come into a thread and take a great, big, dirty shite in it, Nix. Where silence would be golden it appears you feel the overwhelming need to express your negativity and generally stir shit for the sake of stirring shit. You're becoming a bit of a pill, dear boy.

That's simply not true Juggz. I have been making a conscious effort not to upset people on this account. I was being entirely serious when I brought hygiene up. I thought others might actually agree with me but I guess Nixer's reputation precedes all logic. Maybe you should take a look at the main page at my most recent thread and see that maybe old Nix has something to offer after all.

Anyway, hope you are well and soon we can be friends again.

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 am 

The last metal festival I went to was Fires of Samhain (I think) and there was no hip hop at it. Why not? Surely there's room for everything, especially since the Irish hip hop scene is growing these days. Made me feel better about the music I listen to tbh.

*sniff*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 pm 

Went to the picnic with a free one day pass and Ash were as Metal as it got. Poor sound for them but crowd were well into them.

Seriously well run festival and does exactly as it says on the can regarding styles of music. The promoters gave €60,000 to stradbally National school and €30,000 of cheap one day tickets sold to locals with the 30 grand going back to local charities so fair fecks to em.

It's like a fast food rally with all the rows of upmarket fast food vans. Not sure about a thread on metal gig's hygiene standards but how about a thread on fav fast food chippers after metal gig's? Everyone's got a little hide away fav for per or post gig soakage? Lots of gems out there when u swerve the Supermacs etc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:34 pm 

Jayzus, EP must make plenty of profit to gift that much. Plenty of hipsters willing to be scalped it seems.

Post gig grub anywhere but Burdock's. Full of false metallers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:53 pm 

Bonzo wrote:
Post gig grub anywhere but Burdock's. Full of false metallers.

Booo you sir! . . . . "No life till batter" I say. Batter is a staple part of all true metalers diet. . . . None of this pineapple fusion burger shite. . . . . Death to false fast food I say

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:00 pm 

Bonzo wrote:
Plenty of hipsters willing to be scalped it seems.

Ha it's probably like 20% "hipsters" nowadays. EP has assumed the place of Oxegen as the new big catch-all young people festival where all the 16/17 year olds go to for their first festivals alongside the rest of the Irish youth across the board. There's a lot of skangers at it in recent years. Regardless of taste in music a lot of the young people just head to it to get wrecked and spend the majority of the weekend in the campsite. The lineup doesn't even matter as much anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm 

Ron McGovern wrote:
how about a thread on fav fast food chippers after metal gig's? Everyone's got a little hide away fav for per or post gig soakage?

Filthy kebabs. Always filthy kebabs, closely followed by those disgraceful pizza deals that kebab shops do. A nice kebab is good sober, but you need a good filthy kebab meal after a feed of drink and a gig.
If you're in Limerick and can deal with venturing near the milk market of a weekend night, Top Pizza do a savage kebab meal for 7 quid. They're always busy so the lamb is lovely, fresh off the spit and flaky in the mouth, It's cut right thin but there's loads of it, just the right amount of garlic and chilli sauce throughout. Bit of lettuce, bit of onion, bread cooked on the spot in the tandoori, simple but perfect. Fuck me it's good. Earlier in the evening, you can get a 16" pizza meal for a tenner too, perfect for soakage between a few lads before gigs.
I'm starving lads.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 am 

ochoill wrote:
Ron McGovern wrote:
how about a thread on fav fast food chippers after metal gig's? Everyone's got a little hide away fav for per or post gig soakage?

Filthy kebabs. Always filthy kebabs, closely followed by those disgraceful pizza deals that kebab shops do. A nice kebab is good sober, but you need a good filthy kebab meal after a feed of drink and a gig.
If you're in Limerick and can deal with venturing near the milk market of a weekend night, Top Pizza do a savage kebab meal for 7 quid. They're always busy so the lamb is lovely, fresh off the spit and flaky in the mouth, It's cut right thin but there's loads of it, just the right amount of garlic and chilli sauce throughout. Bit of lettuce, bit of onion, bread cooked on the spot in the tandoori, simple but perfect. Fuck me it's good. Earlier in the evening, you can get a 16" pizza meal for a tenner too, perfect for soakage between a few lads before gigs.
I'm starving lads.

I got a dodgy spice bag (well it was actually in a box but how or never) in Charlies on Georges St. in Dublin before Meshuggah in Vicar St. last year, didn't feel the may west after it, about three Meshuggah songs in I started to feel stomach cramps, I let one rip and the flood gates opened.

Never eat a spice bag before a metal gig.

Page: Previous  1, 2