Back
  ANVIL - Academy Green Room - February 14th 2018
    
Page: 1, 2  Next



Joined:
Jun 2009
Posts:
280
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:19 pm 

ANVIL
40 years of Pounding The Pavement tour 2018
The Academy - Green Room
Wednesday 14th February 2018
Tickets €25 (includes booking fee)
onsale this Friday 8th Sept @ 10am

www.ticketmaster.ie/venueartist/197714/1111616


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jul 2017
Posts:
142
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:19 pm 

Is it the film or the band?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Mar 2009
Posts:
382
Location:
Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:34 pm 

€25! Are you having a laugh?!

Image


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jul 2017
Posts:
142
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm 

Slit Your Guts wrote:
€25! Are you having a laugh?!

Image


Thought that was a bit expensive myself. They should have had it in the IFI or the Sugar Club. The Academy 2 is a terrible venue for this sort of thing.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
May 2015
Posts:
242
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:44 am 

It's not in the Academy 2 hence the thread title you'd imagine.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Dec 2014
Posts:
1060
Location:
Kill And Eat The Weak!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:36 pm 

Yeah, The Green Room is actually a grand wee venue. Holds about 300 comfortably. I have attended Monster Truck, The Picturebooks and Dreadzone in there and the sound has been perfect each time.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jul 2017
Posts:
142
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:56 pm 

Megalodon wrote:
It's not in the Academy 2 hence the thread title you'd imagine.


I thought they had just renamed it. Is that the bit in the middle? If so, is it larger or smaller than the basement?

justincredible wrote:
Yeah, The Green Room is actually a grand wee venue. Holds about 300 comfortably. I have attended Monster Truck, The Picturebooks and Dreadzone in there and the sound has been perfect each time.


I hope you aren't planning on taking your Mrs to this on Valentines Day.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Dec 2014
Posts:
1060
Location:
Kill And Eat The Weak!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
I hope you aren't planning on taking your Mrs to this on Valentines Day.

She'll do what she's fookin told.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jul 2017
Posts:
142
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:43 pm 

justincredible wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
I hope you aren't planning on taking your Mrs to this on Valentines Day.

She'll do what she's fookin told.


I like your style.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2009
Posts:
280
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
Is it the film or the band?



band


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2009
Posts:
280
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm 

justincredible wrote:
Yeah, The Green Room is actually a grand wee venue. Holds about 300 comfortably. I have attended Monster Truck, The Picturebooks and Dreadzone in there and the sound has been perfect each time.


Green Room - 400 cap


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
3557
Location:
dublin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:07 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
Megalodon wrote:
It's not in the Academy 2 hence the thread title you'd imagine.


I thought they had just renamed it. Is that the bit in the middle? If so, is it larger or smaller than the basement?



There's 3 venues in the building.

Academy 1 is the main venue upstairs with the balcony area.
Academy 2 is the small venue downstairs in the basement.
The Greenroom is the one on the ground floor, the bit in the middle. It's probably a bit smaller than the basement, but better laid out for seeing the stage as parts of the basement are tucked away if I remember right.

None of them make a decent cinema though. But the IFI is shit compared to the Lighthouse anyway.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2017
Posts:
29
Location:
Cork
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 pm 

Might go for the craic.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Jun 2007
Posts:
2885
Location:
Cork
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:25 pm 

They are honestly fucking terrible.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Apr 2006
Posts:
701
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 pm 

Thelofty wrote:
They are honestly fucking terrible.



Totally agree. Old enough to remember when they first came out, regarded as a joke band from the start and went downhill from there.


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: 1, 2  Next