Back
  ANVIL - Academy Green Room - February 14th 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 am 

StrongHold wrote:
Thelofty wrote:
They are honestly fucking terrible.

Totally agree. Old enough to remember when they first came out, regarded as a joke band from the start and went downhill from there.

I thought they were ok when they came out,saw them at that Dalymount Sabbath show in 83',they got plenty exposure back then in Kerrang etc,tbh never thought of them as a joke band back then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:44 pm 

Enjoyed them in Manchester last year. Great energy and enthusiasm for a bunch of auld lads! Only too happy to chat to the crowd after. Might go see them again in Wigan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 pm 

Belfast..Tuesday 13th Feb,Limelight 2....£15+BF,but in reality that's about £20 lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 pm 

If my memory serves me, weren't they supposed to play the main room in the Academy a few years ago right off the back of the film?

I can't remember why it was cancelled but if they manage to pull a decent crowd in the green room then fair play. Their musical output is atrocious but after watching the film you couldn't begrudge them. Their hearts seemed in the right place even if they are just riding the novelty train now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am 

You are indeed correct. Ticket sales were atrocious, hence it was cancelled though I think the line from the band was that they had "promotional duties" relating to the movie.

The first album has it's place in history and rightfully so, it's a great record and it was very influential especially on some of the early thrash metal bands. However, Anvil were long left for dust and became a joke, any amount of good will or extra attention from the movie has now gone. I'd be surprised if this does ok.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
You are indeed correct. Ticket sales were atrocious, hence it was cancelled though I think the line from the band was that they had "promotional duties" relating to the movie.

The first album has it's place in history and rightfully so, it's a great record and it was very influential especially on some of the early thrash metal bands. However, Anvil were long left for dust and became a joke, any amount of good will or extra attention from the movie has now gone. I'd be surprised if this does ok.

I believe it is actually their second album "Metal on Metal" which you are referring to. It's not quite as good as the film but upon listening to it today I think I shall pencil this gig into the diary buddy. The first round is on me!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:45 pm 

Forged in fire was a decent record as well.

Page: Previous  1, 2