Back
  JK Flesh + WHOK - The Workman's Club - Sat. Feb 17th 2018
    
Page: 1, 2  Next



Joined:
Dec 2015
Posts:
39
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm 

Image

Delighted to be bringing the legendary Justin K. Broadrick to Dublin in his industrial techno guise JK Flesh.

Justin K. Broadrick’s output is an intimidating one. He began, aged 15, with the recording of his first—and last—record with Napalm Death. From there he formed pioneering industrial metal group Godflesh. He also met Kevin Martin, AKA The Bug, and began experimenting with everything from dub and techno to hip-hop, breakbeat as Techno Animal. Together they produced four albums, plus a collaboration with Porter Ricks.

JK Flesh debuted in 2012 with the album ‘Posthuman’ on 3BY3, but it’s lineage can be traced right back to Kevin “K-Mart” Martin and the pair’s psychedelic industrial techno project, The Sidewinder, which was picked up by Mille Plateaux in 1996. The studio pet-name would later become his alter-ego, as Broadrick explained to Resident Advisor in a 2012 interview: ” JK Flesh is the angry, hateful, disenchanted side of what I do with electronic beat-driven/bass-driven music.”

There’s been the stinging ‘Worship Is The Cleansing Of The Imagination’ since, a split with Prurient, and this year’s ‘Suicide Estate’ EP on Hospital Productions. Electric Deluxe had the honour of bringing the next JK Flesh album kicking and screaming into the world – “Rise Above” was released in June 2016, and displayed a move towards a new form of sludge industrial techno. Legendary techno label Downwards, put out the ‘Nothing Is Free’ 12″ single next, complete with Surgeon remix. Forthcoming releases on Hospital Productions, Downwards and Inner Surface, besides others, are next to come in 2017.

Tickets : https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/jk-flesh-tickets-38783493473

Sounds : https://jkflesh.bandcamp.com/album/posthuman


Last edited by Dhalgren Sound on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Mar 2013
Posts:
62
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 pm 

This is great news and a Saturday night aswell, must pick up a ticket,haven't been to the workman's club is it a decent spot????


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm 

muzz wrote:
This is great news and a Saturday night aswell, must pick up a ticket,haven't been to the workman's club is it a decent spot????


Yes, the venue will be closed off for the gig but you will share bars, smoking area, toilets etc. with the general population of the club. The venue is nice, has a decent sound, and the women there will be much more attractive than the ones you would ever see in Fibbers or the Gypsy Rose.


Top
   
 



Joined:
Mar 2013
Posts:
62
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:50 pm 

Ha ha ha,that's sold it for me so.....


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2007
Posts:
2320
Location:
Tralee
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 am 

Fuck. Yes.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Apr 2008
Posts:
2077
Location:
The Fleshland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 am 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
the women there will be much more attractive than the ones you would ever see in Fibbers or the Gypsy Rose.


I suppose that would be a worthwhile consideration when seeing a woman who didn't give birth to you is likely to be a highlight of your deathbed flashback montage


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 am 

Worthless Recluse wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
the women there will be much more attractive than the ones you would ever see in Fibbers or the Gypsy Rose.


I suppose that would be a worthwhile consideration when seeing a woman who didn't give birth to you is likely to be a highlight of your deathbed flashback montage


Not entirely true. In fact, seeing the woman who gave birth to you is guaranteed to be the highlight in my deathbed flashback montage.


Top
   
 



Joined:
Mar 2010
Posts:
1108
Location:
Just beyond THE PALE, lying in wait...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
seeing the woman who gave birth to you is guaranteed to be the highlight in my deathbed flashback montage.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....classic comeback, fair play Nix :lol:


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:32 pm 

huez2000 wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
seeing the woman who gave birth to you is guaranteed to be the highlight in my deathbed flashback montage.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....classic comeback, fair play Nix :lol:


What else are you supposed to say back to a your ma joke? :lol: I can only work with what I am given here :lol:


Top
   
 



Joined:
Jan 2007
Posts:
1646
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 pm 

Very excited for this one. Killer set at Supernormal last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDHYk6PNNQs


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Dec 2015
Posts:
39
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm 

New JK Flesh e.p. 'Exit Stance' incoming Nov. 27 on Downwards label. New track in the link

http://www.factmag.com/2017/10/24/jk-flesh-exit-stance-ep-downwards/


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Dec 2015
Posts:
39
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 pm 

Whirling Hall of Knives added as support

https://whirlinghallofknives.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Dec 2014
Posts:
1404
Location:
Kill And Eat The Weak!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 am 

I'll definitely head to this.


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Dec 2015
Posts:
39
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:30 pm 

Check out a JK Flesh live set

http://solidsteel.net/broadcasts/1102


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Dec 2015
Posts:
39
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 pm 

New track from upcoming JK Flesh 12'' released Feb. 3 on Pi Electronics

http://thequietus.com/articles/23834-new-jk-flesh-listen-pi-electronics


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: 1, 2  Next